Congrats for the newly elected leader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yikessss

Rookie
Aug 3, 2008
Congratulations to Barack Obama's win in the presidential elections with all my heart. This is a milestone in 232 years of American history as Obama is the first African-american to be elected president of the United States. African-americans have gone through so much and have suffered from immense discrimination in the past but the election of Barack Obama has proven that discrimination exists no more in America. The advanced democracy of America will be a model example for every other democratic nation including Korea where discrimination such as regionalism and academical sectarianism never seem to cease in their small area of land. Continuous interaction under the US-Korea alliance is crucial in order for advanced democracy to take root in Korea. America has played a pivotal role in Korea overcoming the recent financial crisis and Korea would be more than willing to return the favor if help beckons. I hope for an everlasting bilateral alliance between the two nations and for the alliance to continue being beneficial for both parties.

Behalf of the people of Korea, I wanted to deliver this congratulatory remark to 44th president of United States, Barack Obama. This year's election was hotter than ever to grab interests of people all around the World. Whether this year's president will be the first african-american or the oldest president was amongst our interests but what everyone wanted was a prominent leader who can save the World from this financial crisis. Also, through this election, people of U.S transcended racism and announced to the World that United States is a great country enough to stand on the top of the World. As a member of Republic of Korea, I expect many great things from new resident and one of them is more secured relationship between U.S and Korea. I also wish that we and U.S continue to work each other to solve conflicts such as nuclear problem in North Korea. Once again we celebrate the birth of new leader and hope to the World.

Well, apparently I'm still a racist since I voted for McCain. :rolleyes:
But in keeping with the theme of this thread: I was stationed in Korea.

Do you like to eat "kimchi"?
No. Kimchi is cabbage and spices buried underground for months while it ferments. The whole country reeks of it. Add to that the smell of open benjo ditches (sewers) and it can be almost unbearable. Especially in the summer when the sun warms up those benjo ditches.
Korea is the "Land of the Morning Calm" but we always refered to it as "Land of the Morning Stench".
My wife likes Kimchee but she's Japanese so go figure.

No. Kimchi is cabbage and spices buried underground for months while it ferments. The whole country reeks of it. Add to that the smell of open benjo ditches (sewers) and it can be almost unbearable. Especially in the summer when the sun warms up those benjo ditches.
Korea is the "Land of the Morning Calm" but we always refered to it as "Land of the Morning Stench".
My wife likes Kimchee but she's Japanese so go figure.
Kimchi is like liver. You either hate it or love it!!

As an Army brat, I grew up around army bases. So I had many friends with Korean mothers. I learned to like kimchi at their houses.

But I have to admitt, kimchi does smell strong, really strong.

Old fermented kimchi will make your eyes water!! :eek:

Last edited:
Behalf of the people of Korea, I wanted to deliver this congratulatory remark to 44th president of United States, Barack Obama. This year's election was hotter than ever to grab interests of people all around the World. Whether this year's president will be the first african-american or the oldest president was amongst our interests but what everyone wanted was a prominent leader who can save the World from this financial crisis. Also, through this election, people of U.S transcended racism and announced to the World that United States is a great country enough to stand on the top of the World. As a member of Republic of Korea, I expect many great things from new resident and one of them is more secured relationship between U.S and Korea. I also wish that we and U.S continue to work each other to solve conflicts such as nuclear problem in North Korea. Once again we celebrate the birth of new leader and hope to the World.

You're the spokesman for the people of Korea? Cool. :lol:

You're an idiot who should never be allowed out in public, but your idiocy is not gonna ruin my day. YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

He might not, but I will if you display your usual classless behavior. Give it a rest, huh? You act like something's going to change. Figured you were old enough to know better than that by now.

You Republicans/conservatives stop whining. Geez. That's not going to go over any more than gloating is.

The DNC may have stolen the primary for Obama, but he won the election. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back