Confirmed: Captain Marvel "Big Feminist Movie"...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her to make Captain Marvel a “big feminist movie.”

Speaking with Entertainment Tonight during a set visit last May, Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her about making Captain Marvel a feminist movie.

"I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Brie Larson Confirms Marvel Wants to Make Captain Marvel a "Big Feminist Movie" - Bounding Into Comics

If you want to pay to watch SJW Hollywood NPCs preach to you for two hours, more power to ya. I'll wait it out and watch this one on Netflix.

Every female superhero in the past 50 years has been kind of a feminist figure, and it's better that way. The other day I was reading this old Fantastic Four comic where Reed's in his lab trying to figure out how to save the world, and Sue's complaining that he's not taking her out to dinner. It was just bizarre to read compared to the way they write female characters nowadays.

"I'm trying to save the world, woman. Make yourself useful, and clean my underwear."

Every female superhero in the past 50 years has been kind of a feminist figure, and it's better that way. The other day I was reading this old Fantastic Four comic where Reed's in his lab trying to figure out how to save the world, and Sue's complaining that he's not taking her out to dinner. It was just bizarre to read compared to the way they write female characters nowadays.

"I'm trying to save the world, woman. Make yourself useful, and clean my underwear."
I remember Sandra Bullock who played tough guy FBI agent in Miss Congeniality. The part showed her as some tough bitch who had to ACT like a good girl, so she could be in a beauty pageant, and near the end she showed everyone the SING, concept on disabling a rapist. See video below. But when a stalker broke into her house, the "tough" girl turned into every other typical liberal female, a sniveling , whiny bitch praying the MEN in blue would get there soon enough. I am tired of Hollywood, trying to show how tough women can be, then gets proved wrong time and again. Acting , anything can be written in, but reality is a great smackdown.

Sandra Bullock's desperate 911 call from closet after stalker with love letter breaks in
A petrified Sandra Bullock made a desperate 911 call from inside a cupboard after a stalker broke into her mansion with a love letter.

The Hollywood actress had to flee into a closet with a “safe door” after Joshua Corbett, 39, broke in on 8 June last year.

I remember Sandra Bullock who played tough guy FBI agent in Miss Congeniality. The part showed her as some tough bitch who had to ACT like a good girl, so she could be in a beauty pageant, and near the end she showed everyone the SING, concept on disabling a rapist. See video below. But when a stalker broke into her house, the "tough" girl turned into every other typical liberal female, a sniveling , whiny bitch praying the MEN in blue would get there soon enough. I am tired of Hollywood, trying to show how tough women can be, then gets proved wrong time and again. Acting , anything can be written in, but reality is a great smackdown.

Sandra Bullock's desperate 911 call from closet after stalker with love letter breaks in
A petrified Sandra Bullock made a desperate 911 call from inside a cupboard after a stalker broke into her mansion with a love letter.

The Hollywood actress had to flee into a closet with a “safe door” after Joshua Corbett, 39, broke in on 8 June last year.

I'm not sure you understand the difference between a fictional character with superpowers, and Sandra Bullock. :eusa_think:

Wonder Woman was a great movie. Hunger Games- great series.

Terminator 2...Linda Hamilton was a bad ass Sarah Connors.

I loved Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider and Mr & Mrs Smith.

I own all those movies.

We're not talking about strong female characters...or strong lead female characters...I'm all for that.

Like HereWeGoAgain once entertainment becomes propaganda, I'm out.

Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her to make Captain Marvel a “big feminist movie.”

Speaking with Entertainment Tonight during a set visit last May, Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her about making Captain Marvel a feminist movie.

"I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Brie Larson Confirms Marvel Wants to Make Captain Marvel a "Big Feminist Movie" - Bounding Into Comics

If you want to pay to watch SJW Hollywood NPCs preach to you for two hours, more power to ya. I'll wait it out and watch this one on Netflix.

Thank Jim Cameron. This all started with Linda Hamilton THE TERMINATOR and Sigourney Weaver ALIENS.

Hard-assed women gunslinging like SEAL TEAM SIX graduates. The difference though was that they were typical human females placed in positions where they had no choice. They could fight or die.

Nowadays, the deal is simply to show that women are superior to men by way of fictional super abilities. Wonder Woman was a fine example, with her doing what the Allies and Captain Kirk could not do.

It's being used to teach a very dangerous lesson to the schoolgirls of today.

It's doubtful I will watch it streamed either, but my wife might. :auiqs.jpg:

My wife isn't into the superhero thing. Can hardly get her to watch action or sci-fi. She's a hardcore horror girl.

My wife isn't into the superhero thing. Can hardly get her to watch action or sci-fi. She's a hardcore horror girl.

Has she seen The VVitch?

Has she seen The VVitch?

Oh yeah...I think she owns it.

Has she seen The VVitch?

Oh yeah...I think she owns it.

Nicely paced and creepy. Will put you off goats.

Thank Jim Cameron. This all started with Linda Hamilton THE TERMINATOR and Sigourney Weaver ALIENS.

Hard-assed women gunslinging like SEAL TEAM SIX graduates. The difference though was that they were typical human females placed in positions where they had no choice. They could fight or die.

Nowadays, the deal is simply to show that women are superior to men by way of fictional super abilities. Wonder Woman was a fine example, with her doing what the Allies and Captain Kirk could not do.

It's being used to teach a very dangerous lesson to the schoolgirls of today.

Linda Hamilton was a badass in the second Terminator. Sigourney Weaver was just a badass all around. Some movies just suck at making convincing badass chicks.

When movies have a strong female lead you can always tell when they came prepared for the role. Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver looked like they had spent months eating raw eggs, and punching meat in a freezer before their roles. :lol:

Forum List

Back