Zone1 Confirmed …. by a religious ceremony?

I am ….

• a confirmed Protestant

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • a confirmed Catholic

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • did some other rite of passage

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • nothing

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
i am asking, as this often happens in this time of year

i am Catholic

i am Catholic
confimation at about 12 or 13 years? maybe.

this might turn out to be more prevalent in sects that baptize infants?

more nearb16 years
young adults confirming the promises made for them by their godparents as infants.

if i'd have been 16 i was already past religion and on to hell, so it must be younger ...... .

i am Catholic
In This Terminal Era, They Don't Want Us to Grow Up

For American Catholics, it has become a meaningless ritual. It ought to be an acceptance that the confirmed has reached young adulthood. For example, if he has been called by a kid's name like "Bobby," his parents ought to start calling him "Bob."

Bar/Bat Mitzvah?

At 13 or 14, you were presumed to be an adult and expected to act like it. You probably dropped out of school and started working on the family farm. Maybe the family business or an apprentice in some trade. If a girl, you were formally getting ready to be a wife and mother. If you were a boy and really lucky, they sent you off to a University. A typical Harvard "freshman" was about that age in 1800.

The stage of life that we call "adolescence" is a very recent invention. It is a period when you are physically an adult, but not expected to assume adult responsibilities. A hundred years ago, it didn't exist.

Now it lasts until you are 40. Apparently.

True Christians are "confirmed" by God with the gift of the Holy Spirit at baptism. Catholics do worship their organization

Bar/Bat Mitzvah?

At 13 or 14, you were presumed to be an adult and expected to act like it. You probably dropped out of school and started working on the family farm. Maybe the family business or an apprentice in some trade. If a girl, you were formally getting ready to be a wife and mother. If you were a boy and really lucky, they sent you off to a University. A typical Harvard "freshman" was about that age in 1800.

The stage of life that we call "adolescence" is a very recent invention. It is a period when you are physically an adult, but not expected to assume adult responsibilities. A hundred years ago, it didn't exist.

Now it lasts until you are 40. Apparently.
Outside of the Preppies, College Is for Teenagers Who Are Afraid to Grow Up

The reward is not worth the emasculating sacrifice commanded by Wall Street in order to get it.

i am Catholic
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Gospel has been restored to it's proper ways of doctrine, commandments and ordinances. Baptism before the age of accountability (8 years of age) is unnecessary because baptism is for one purpose only, for remission of sins after one repents. Up until the age of 8 or accountability, a child cannot sin. They do not understand sin or the consequences eternally of sin. You are sticking your finger in the Lord's eyes when you baptize too early.

Confirmation comes after one is baptized. This is basically when a person is confirmed a member of the Church by one who has authority (Priesthood Authority of the Melchizedek Order) and then is given the gift of the Holy Ghost. Catholics messed it up somewhere along the line. Most likely when they made up their own orders of the Priesthood. Protestants are just plain lost. They say that there is only one person with the Priesthood, Jesus Christ and that for men to share in that Priesthood is unnecessary. Yet, years after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, Paul was still teaching about the need for the Priesthood. Specifically in Hebrews, the Melchizedek Order and the Aaronic Order. So, how do Protestants justify this? Therefore, their confirmations are of no value in the eternities.

Forum List

Back