Confessions of a House Dem: Doesn't Read Bills, Told How to Vote, Reelection Top Priority

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
this is what happens when a government gets too BIG for "the people they supposedly Represent " to have any control over it. just awful but I don't see anyway to get it back under control. that's why they are now Steamrolling over WE the People and laughing all the way to the bank and their next re-elections.

SNIP:
"Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works."
News
Trey Sanchez

A new tell-all book about the inner workings of Congress is set for release
later this month that has Washington D.C. buzzing. It's called The Confessions of Congressman X and it promises "a devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own."

All that is known about the anonymous congressman is that he is a Democrat and sat down with Robert Atkinson, a former staffer for two congressional Dems, who took notes during several meetings and received the blessing to publish the conversations.

The deep-seated corruption that this insider's look reveals isn't all that surprising to most readers weary of a bloated federal government, but it's unsettling nonetheless.

On voting:

Fundraising is so time-consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. I don't even know how they'll be implemented or what they'll cost.

My staff gives me a last-minute briefing before I go to the floor and tells me whether to vote yea or nay. How bad is that?

I sometimes vote "yes" on a motion and "no" on an amendment so I can claim I'm on either side of an issue.

It's the old shell game: if you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em.

On voters:

Voters claim they want substance and detailed position papers, but what they really crave are cutesy cat videos, celebrity gossip, top 10 lists, reality TV shows, tabloid tripe, and the next f***ing Twitter message.

I worry about our country's future when critical issues take a backseat to the inane utterings of illiterate athletes and celebrity twits.

Like most of my colleagues, I promise my constituents a lot of stuff I can never deliver. But what the hell? If it makes them happy hearing it, and they're stupid enough to believe it, shame on them.

On donations, bribes and spending:

ALL of it here:
Confessions of a House Dem: Doesn't Read Bills, Told How to Vote, Reelection Top Priority

Well, he's toast.

The hottest fires in Hell are reserved (by Democrats) for Democrats who commit the ultimate crime: They tell the truth, in public, about what their party is really doing.

Interesting.... No liberals want to touch this one with a ten-foot pole.

The number of subjects the liberals won't discuss, is huge this year. And the election is still six months away!

He admitted something that most already know. Politicians are worthless. They are there for their own careers.

Their job is to read bills before voting. If they don't do that there should be serious consequences, but not enough people are willing to hold their feet to the fire.

Congress members bitch about not getting paid enough to live on and yet most of them become millionaires during their time in Washington.

Shame we let them get away with it as long as they say the right things and promise people shit. Past that, no one keeps track. Same damn promises for the last 50 years and they still get away with it.

this is what happens when a government gets too BIG for "the people they supposedly Represent " to have any control over it. just awful but I don't see anyway to get it back under control. that's why they are now Steamrolling over WE the People and laughing all the way to the bank and their next re-elections.

SNIP:
"Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works."
News
Trey Sanchez

A new tell-all book about the inner workings of Congress is set for release
later this month that has Washington D.C. buzzing. It's called The Confessions of Congressman X and it promises "a devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own."

All that is known about the anonymous congressman is that he is a Democrat and sat down with Robert Atkinson, a former staffer for two congressional Dems, who took notes during several meetings and received the blessing to publish the conversations.

The deep-seated corruption that this insider's look reveals isn't all that surprising to most readers weary of a bloated federal government, but it's unsettling nonetheless.

On voting:

Fundraising is so time-consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. I don't even know how they'll be implemented or what they'll cost.

My staff gives me a last-minute briefing before I go to the floor and tells me whether to vote yea or nay. How bad is that?

I sometimes vote "yes" on a motion and "no" on an amendment so I can claim I'm on either side of an issue.

It's the old shell game: if you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em.

On voters:

Voters claim they want substance and detailed position papers, but what they really crave are cutesy cat videos, celebrity gossip, top 10 lists, reality TV shows, tabloid tripe, and the next f***ing Twitter message.

I worry about our country's future when critical issues take a backseat to the inane utterings of illiterate athletes and celebrity twits.

Like most of my colleagues, I promise my constituents a lot of stuff I can never deliver. But what the hell? If it makes them happy hearing it, and they're stupid enough to believe it, shame on them.

On donations, bribes and spending:

ALL of it here:
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

ALL DEMS ARE LIKE THIS. ALL DEMS ARE LIKE THIS. ALL DEMS ARE LIKE THIS.

except Alan Grayson, Raul Grijalva, Grandapa Bernie, FDR & Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back