Confederacy... will it return?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by happybattles, Jun 22, 2009.

1. happybattles

happybattles Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Along with many other theories which may occur within the next ten years is the fear that the Confederate States of America will be reborn.

Slavery won't return and the Confederacy isn't likely to declare war on the USA, but what would come of such a thing?

Recent articles have reported that many states, in particular Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Tennesse, Georgia, Arkansas and Florida have all passed legislature that reaffirms their Constitutional 10th Amendment Rights. Here is the 10th Amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

This mainly was invoked to battle the President on his absurd declaration that the States must spend the stimulus money the way he has decided they will spend it. The fact is, the Constitution does not give the Federal government the right or power to dictate how the States will spend any money they receive.

So, while some will say that the States are just "talking smack", the fact remains that we are a union only because we choose, every second of every day, to stay a union. If any of the states in our union decide that they will not spend the money the way the Federal government demands, they will be in violation of a federal offense (though I can't say which one... but one will be invented for just such a thing). Federal troops will be sent into the State to secure it's capital. Once that happens, the war will begin. It probably won't be our elected officials, since these weakling just want to keep their jobs; it will be the people who have more to lose than their politicians. This will be a sad day for America.

What would happen if the dissenting states separated from the Union and formed a Confederacy? What would happen if Chuck Norris actually did run for President of the Confederate States of America?

If you'd be interested in talking in more detail with other interested persons on this topic, please email me at the above address. Also, please note: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! IT'S A QUICK TRIP TO JAIL FOR EVEN TYPING IT! Remember, we're assuming a non-violent split where everyone agrees it's in the best interest of all. Here's some comments I've read so far:

"If Texas splits, Californa's new @#$%^ will be the illegal Texans!"

"No way Texas will keep NAFTA. This would be a chance to start over and run things the right way."

So, if you have a comment, even if it's a mean one to me, go ahead and send it to here. Remember - I asked for this, so say what you need to. I need honest opinions.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    It's not a conceivable possibility, most obviously because of the limited range of acceptable political options in this country.

3. wvulax

wvulax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    all we need is some s'mores schnappes. haha

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The confederate states wouldn't be a viable nation by themselves.

Cotton is no longer king.

Perhaps they might become a state funded by sending their soldiers off to die in other people's wars.

Lord knows that the South creates the sorts of guys who are used to having to go into the military because there's damned all little opportunity to make a living at home.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    they weren't a viable nation by themselves THEN ... because they couldn't manufacture their own munitions.

but why do the loonies keep wanting to refight the war they lost?

i'm not sure Lincoln did us any favors.

6. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    You're not very bright are ya eddy? How's Detroit doing? What are the fabulous Northern States doing that makes them so "viable".

Texas, by itself, refines a majority of the gasoline you clowns use. We also produce most of the natural gas being used in your power plants. Beef, I guess you're not interested in that stuff. Seafood? Yea, you've got lobsters in Maine but what about the rest of the northern states. Tourism, Florida is full of retired assholes from New Yawk, main reason nobody intelligent wants to vacation there. California's fucked like New York is heading, to many non Americans. Oh and cotton, you don't need cotton? Polyester is your choice? Louisiana produces most of the rice, sugar cane, soybean and the rest of the refined oil products. Kentucky has Wild Turkey and Tennessee has Jack Daniels. The South could do very well on it's own.

When it comes down to political ideology, the more successful in the northern states will join us in the south because they know that leftist can't survive on their own and will destroy any state they truly take over. You can have all of the illegals and the uppity blacks though.

7. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Still living in the past Jilli, the South could survive a lot easier today than the north could and if there was a war, we would destroy you. This isn't the 1860s.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I'm not the one living in the past, sitty... that would be the nutters who want the south to rise agin...

9. wvulax

wvulax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It doesn't come down to just supplies and resources though. I've heard theories stating that had general lee not been as aggressive the south would have won. Also there are 50 states now, and no one knows which side the midwest/western states would go. Colorado is one of those could go either way states. Also the federal government would have all the diplomatic agreements, the south would have to make their own friends.

WV, PA, NY have sufficient sources coal and natural gas. Food can be traded/bought even with a recession. gas would be a problem but we would make deals with canada.

this is a fun what if

10. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    You are an idiot and Chuckie has been watching too many Chuck Norris movies. Hey karate guy!...They are only movies!!!!