Confederacy... will it return?

Well that's because the feds have no respect for the Constitution.

Interesting comment! Although I disagree with you. Some violations were definitely made under the Bush administration though.

And now with the Obama administration.

On the contrary! The Obama administration is the one who got it straight with California.

What violations of the constitution do you believe the Obama administration has made? You do realize that he taught constitutional law, right?

Interesting comment! Although I disagree with you. Some violations were definitely made under the Bush administration though.

On the contrary! The Obama administration is the one who got it straight with California.

What violations of the constitution do you believe the Obama administration has made? You do realize that he taught constitutional law, right?

I am well aware. The Stimulus Package comes to mind as unconstitutional, and taking over GM and Chrysler.

The FISA bill that HE voted for after he said he'd filibuster it?

What constitutes a viable nation? [/qupte]

Before we can answer that, we must be able to define the State and also 'viability'

[

The bailouts, the administration's role in choosing who runs private companies... these are powers not given to the fed by the Constitution
You do realize that he taught constitutional law, right?

Lawyers can't break law? Preposterous; rather, they know better how to get away with it ;)

I am well aware. The Stimulus Package comes to mind as unconstitutional, and taking over GM and Chrysler.

However...technically the government hasn't "taken them over". They put up financing, but Obama has made it clear that he doesn't wanna make the daily decisions of running the companies.

Now...I will say that the firing of Rick Wagoner went a tad far! And also congress calling to task the GM bigwigs about the closure of dealerships seemed like stepping over the line a tad.

It remains to be seen just how far the government sticks their noses in the daily business of the two car makers. I think it's too early to make a definitive call on this one.

The confederate states wouldn't be a viable nation by themselves.

Cotton is no longer king.

Perhaps they might become a state funded by sending their soldiers off to die in other people's wars.

Lord knows that the South creates the sorts of guys who are used to having to go into the military because there's damned all little opportunity to make a living at home.

Yeah...you mean like in Detroit? There's tons of guys making a HUGE living there huh? Thanks to Government Motors. What "sort" of guy are you talking about exactly?

However...technically the government hasn't "taken them over". They put up financing, but Obama has made it clear that he doesn't wanna make the daily decisions of running the companies.

Now...I will say that the firing of Rick Wagoner went a tad far! And also congress calling to task the GM bigwigs about the closure of dealerships seemed like stepping over the line a tad.

It remains to be seen just how far the government sticks their noses in the daily business of the two car makers. I think it's too early to make a definitive call on this one.

You should NEVER take any politician at his word. What do you expect him to say? "We're renaming it Government Motors?"

How is that unconstitutional?

Lawyers can't break law? Preposterous; rather, they know better how to get away with it

I didn't say that! My statement was just to point out that Obama is well versed in constitutional law...unlike his predecessor.

Too early? It's clear the government has already gone beyond what the Constitution says it's allowed to do with private businesses, which is nothing.

Lawyers can't break law? Preposterous; rather, they know better how to get away with it

I didn't say that! My statement was just to point out that Obama is well versed in constitutional law...unlike his predecessor.

Politicians lying? That's not unconstitutional. good point.:lol:

Oh great here we go again. Hang another GD halo on his bed post. The man does nothing wrong.

I wonder how many smokes he had today after signing that tobacco legislation?

Politicians lying? That's not unconstitutional. good point.:lol:

FISA itself is unconstitutional, however.

You should NEVER take any politician at his word. What do you expect him to say? "We're renaming it Government Motors?"

Just a tad cynical there, aren't ya? I think the jury is still out on the Obama administration.

Oh great here we go again. Hang another GD halo on his bed post. The man does nothing wrong.

I wonder how many smokes he had today after signing that tobacco legislation?

I could care less how much he smokes. I actually commend him for doing so. It's the one politically incorrect thing he does.

So by your own admission, they ARE indeed "technically" taking over. Right???

It's ok... you can admit they did something wrong. They won't come kill you in your sleep. Not tonight anyway...

Too early? It's clear the government has already gone beyond what the Constitution says it's allowed to do with private businesses, which is nothing.

Pssst! The companies came to the government, not vica versa.

FISA itself is unconstitutional, however.

How so?

Just a tad cynical there, aren't ya? I think the jury is still out on the Obama administration.

Is it? According to whom? He said he'd filibuster FISA and he voted for it. The verdict has been reached right there, Madame.

Forum List

Back