Condoleezza Testimony

I listened to the full testimony on the radio, and all I have to say is...CONDI RICE FOR PRESIDENT 2008.

Condi has more spine than the entire 9/11 commission put together. I'd rather be debating Chris Matthews than Condi Rice. She showed a lot of strength on the stand.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Its NOT a holy war, except for the bastards using their religion to manipulate the populace for their terrorist activities.

And that populace is either ignorant to that fact, or they are letting themselves be manipulated.

We've seen what happens when partial statements or descriptions are given as reasons to half of the ignorant states of america, right?

Yes, we saw that today when the commission attempted to limit Condi to partial statements. They claimed they wanted "full public testimony under oath" and then they proceed to limit her answers. The best part was, she still kicked their asses!

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Terrorism started on Americans because we had troops in their "holy land," (to protect Kuwait from Iraq) we support Israel (the only democracy in the region which is attacked by terrorists weekly) and we are a free people, living in a capitalist, freedom of religion nation, and that pisses off the likes of people like Ayman al-Zawahiri.

That's why we were attacked.

And ya know what... we're not changing.

:bsflag:

It's perpetuating the myth that terrorists attacked us because 'they hate our freedoms', a statement that came out of our presidents mouth days after 9/11.

I believe that statement is 100% accurate. They hate freedom and everything it represents. We would like to see other countries enjoy the freedoms that we do, and they don't share that desire.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Yes, we saw that today when the commission attempted to limit Condi to partial statements. They claimed they wanted "full public testimony under oath" and then they proceed to limit her answers. The best part was, she still kicked their asses!

yes she did, who was the asshole that kept raising his voice and cutting her off? bob kerry?

I believe that statement is 100% accurate. They hate freedom and everything it represents. We would like to see other countries enjoy the freedoms that we do, and they don't share that desire.

so all the mideast violence that was supported by us in the last 70 years had zilch to do with terrorism?

yes she did, who was the asshole that kept raising his voice and cutting her off? bob kerry?

Nah, Richard Ben-Veniste. He made an ass out of himself, in my opinion.

:bsflag:

Let me ask you something, then... why were we attacked? If what I said was BS, why were we attacked? Or were you referring to when I said we're not changing? If we change, we appease barbarism instead of standing up for the human dignities that have won over 120 nations since WWI.

so all the mideast violence that was supported by us in the last 70 years had zilch to do with terrorism?

I didn't say that. I was just stating that the statements about them being 'freedom-hating' was extremely accurate.

Let me ask you something, then... why were we attacked? If what I said was BS, why were we attacked? Or were you referring to when I said we're not changing? If we change, we appease barbarism instead of standing up for the human dignities that have won over 120 nations since WWI.

read the history books of the last 50 years of our mid east involvement. that should give you a healthy clue.

I was not saying BS to your reference of not changing.

I didn't say that. I was just stating that the statements about them being 'freedom-hating' was extremely accurate.

I have an extremely difficult time believing that. Maybe they hate the religious freedom part, but groups of radicals don't cross oceans and spend years planning to kill people based on that alone. Their HAS to be other incendiary factors and omitting them is being dishonest to the american people.

Our support of Israel? First of all, I stated that as one of our reasons. Secondly, I am getting sick and tired of this anti-Israeli feeling.

I'm Christian. I have nothing against the Jewish people. But I'll admit, for some reason the Jews in America are 99% liberal, and the Jews in Israel are 99% hawks.

Why is that?

Our support for Israel is nothing ... nothing to be ashamed over. Imagine sending your children to school everyday, not knowing if their bus will be attacked by Hamas...

Hamas is to Israel what al-Qaeda is to us. Must Israel change in some ways? Yes. But they are not the problem of terrorism. Terrorists are the problem of terrorism.

Jewish Israel in comparison to the Arab Middle East is the size of Rhode Island in comparison to the United States and Canada, yet the Arabs want them pushed out into the sea. The funny part is, if we lift our finger off of Israel, they could wipe all of their Arab enemies off the map.

I have an extremely difficult time believing that. Maybe they hate the religious freedom part, but groups of radicals don't cross oceans and spend years planning to kill people based on that alone. Their HAS to be other incendiary factors and omitting them is being dishonest to the american people.

I'm not saying there weren't a myriad of other reasons as to why they attacked us. I am certain that the 'freedom-hating' part was accurate though. It's impossible to narrow it down to just 1 or 2 reasons. This was obviously many years and many reasons in the making.

I'll agree with you that the reasoning could and should be expanded, but that doesn't make the statement made a lie.

Our support of Israel? First of all, I stated that as one of our reasons. Secondly, I am getting sick and tired of this anti-Israeli feeling.

I'm Christian. I have nothing against the Jewish people. But I'll admit, for some reason the Jews in America are 99% liberal, and the Jews in Israel are 99% hawks.

Why is that?

Our support for Israel is nothing ... nothing to be ashamed over. Imagine sending your children to school everyday, not knowing if their bus will be attacked by Hamas...

Hamas is to Israel what al-Qaeda is to us. Must Israel change in some ways? Yes. But they are not the problem of terrorism. Terrorists are the problem of terrorism.

Jewish Israel in comparison to the Arab Middle East is the size of Rhode Island in comparison to the United States and Canada, yet the Arabs want them pushed out into the sea. The funny part is, if we lift our finger off of Israel, they could wipe all of their Arab enemies off the map.

do you see anywhere, in this entire thread at all, where I mentioned Israel? even one tiny bit?

Well then what the hell is your answer? Why did we get attacked? I could think of three reasons. I've addressed them all and you called it bullshit. Why don't you stop playing this game, and tell me where you stand, so I can discredit it?

I'm not saying there weren't a myriad of other reasons as to why they attacked us. I am certain that the 'freedom-hating' part was accurate though. It's impossible to narrow it down to just 1 or 2 reasons. This was obviously many years and many reasons in the making.

I'll agree with you that the reasoning could and should be expanded, but that doesn't make the statement made a lie.

If included with the other reasons, I would agree. Like I said, leaving the reasons as 'hating our freedoms' perpetuates the myth. Perpetuation of myths is what led 70 percent of americans to believe that saddam was directly responsible for 9/11

Well then what the hell is your answer? Why did we get attacked? I could think of three reasons. I've addressed them all and you called it bullshit. Why don't you stop playing this game, and tell me where you stand, so I can discredit it?

and I told you to read the history books, or is that beyond your ability?

why don't YOU stop playing the game of being ignorant of our past in the middle east?

Oh, ok... so you want me to go read history books and then answer? Shall I go read some now, as in like... right now, so I will have the authority to talk to someone of your worldly knowledge?

You are not addressing why you believe we were attacked. I've stated our support for Israel. I've stated our soldiers on Saudi soil. I've stated our democratic and capitalist way of life. The three major reasons. And I stated we aren't changing.

You called it bullshit.

Now, rather than proving why it is bullshit, you tell me to go read history books. I think I deserve more than that after being told what I said, (something the majority of this planet, including the terrorists, will agree with) is bullshit.

Oh, ok... so you want me to go read history books and then answer? Shall I go read some now, as in like... right now, so I will have the authority to talk to someone of your worldly knowledge?

You are not addressing why you believe we were attacked. I've stated our support for Israel. I've stated our soldiers on Saudi soil. I've stated our democratic and capitalist way of life. The three major reasons. And I stated we aren't changing.

You called it bullshit.

Now, rather than proving why it is bullshit, you tell me to go read history books. I think I deserve more than that after being told what I said, (something the majority of this planet, including the terrorists, will agree with) is bullshit.

that would just make you full of shit. While those three reasons are included in it, its not the ONLY 3 reasons. Like I said before, disavowing or refusal to acknowledge 50 years of using them as pawns in the cold war is only perpetuating the myth that the US has zero culpability in why terrorism against the US exists.

You, sir, are helping to perpetuate that myth or you're just plain stupid about it. now which is it?

Forum List

Back