Compromise is ALWAYS toward progressive policy

Is compromise truly compromise in today's political climate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyGunSlinger

Conservative Babe
Feb 6, 2011
Is that really compromise or selling out on your convictions? If it were TRUE compromise, would progressives compromise on ANY conservative policy?? Flat tax, abolish wasteful depts., Energy policy that actually creates jobs, balanced budget amendment-- ANYTHING??? They never do.. Compromise is a CODE word for GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME, or I'm taking my football and going home..

Poll is compromise truly compromise?

Yes
No

Just a few years ago Liberals were mad at their representatives for the exact same thing.

When a compromise is first reached it seems like it's lopsided. Then years pass, the legislation is dumbed down by the next few congresses, enforced differently, etc. And a moderate end result comes out of the process.

At least I like to think that's what happens...

If it were TRUE compromise, would progressives compromise on ANY conservative policy?? Flat tax, abolish wasteful depts., Energy policy that actually creates jobs, balanced budget amendment-- ANYTHING???

Just so we're clear. Flat tax is NOT a conservative policy. Flat tax is adamently opposed by all conservatives since it will affect the rich far more than the poor. The wealthy and the corporations, as well as the Republican Party, have been opposed to a flat tax since it was first proposed. Liberals want a flat tax since the poor would pay the least, and the wealthy, the most. Which is, of course, why the wealth oppose it.

And the purpose of energy policy is not to create jobs, but rather to coordinate energy resources and demands, and assist in funding alternative energy research. Making sure that there is a sufficient and strong supply of all energy resources to fuel the economy and the people, is the goal. Jobs have nothing to do with energy policy.

A balanced budget amendment is a dumb idea since governments frequently need to run deficits, especially during wars or recessions. I am fiscally very conservative and don't want any government to run a deficit, but there are times when it's necessary and a balance budget amendment would handcuff future administrations in ways that are not productive or good for the economy.

Last edited:
If it were TRUE compromise, would progressives compromise on ANY conservative policy?? Flat tax, abolish wasteful depts., Energy policy that actually creates jobs, balanced budget amendment-- ANYTHING???

Just so we're clear. Flat tax is NOT a conservative policy. Flat tax is adamently opposed by all conservatives since it will affect the rich far more than the poor. The wealthy and the corporations, as well as the Republican Party, have been opposed to a flat tax since it was first proposed. Liberals want a flat tax since the poor would pay the least, and the wealthy, the most. Which is, of course, why the wealth oppose it.

And the purpose of energy policy is not to create jobs, but rather to coordinate energy resources and demands, and assist in funding alternative energy research. Making sure that there is a sufficient and strong supply of all energy resources to fuel the economy and the people, is the goal. Jobs have nothing to do with energy policy.

A balanced budget amendment is a dumb idea since governments frequently need to run deficits, especially during wars or recessions. I am fiscally very conservative and don't want any government to run a deficit, but there are times when it's necessary and a balance budget amendment would handcuff future administrations in ways that are not productive or good for the economy.
So, you won't compromise on any of this....

I used to wonder why so many libtards wore headphones.

Then I picked up a set that some libtard female set down so she could take a sweater off and listened...

There was a voice that just kept repeating, "Inhale..... Exhale.....Inhale......Exhale"

Half the tax filers in the Country pay NOTHING in Income Taxes. NOTHING.

And I'm a Conservative, and I would be very much in favor of a flat tax.

But libtard scum don't want it because they're sliding by without contributing a nickel to the Country.

Fucking stupid liberals.

Inhale.... Exhale.....

You're a dimwit so who gives a crap about what you do or do not like concerning the Conservative agenda..

Precisely the point of this thread. Progressives give 0-- Big fat GOOSE EGG, they never compromise. Compromise is ONLY at the expense of conservatism..

Precisely the point of this thread. Progressives give 0-- Big fat GOOSE EGG, they never compromise. Compromise is ONLY at the expense of conservatism..

What's your compromise position on abortion?

Is that really compromise or selling out on your convictions? If it were TRUE compromise, would progressives compromise on ANY conservative policy?? Flat tax, abolish wasteful depts., Energy policy that actually creates jobs, balanced budget amendment-- ANYTHING??? They never do.. Compromise is a CODE word for GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME, or I'm taking my football and going home..

Yes
No

Unfortunately, neither side seems to understand what compromise actually is. It's give me a little, and I will give you a little. It's not my way or the highway. When it comes to tax revenue, a compromise would entail increasing taxes slightly and cutting spending slightly. For the most part, Republicans have refused any tax increases, even when they were being offered substantial spending cuts. It truly makes no sense.

As I have been saying, the problem with our government today is that we have a bunch of ideologues running the show, and while there are some from the left, the majority are on the right. This has been the most ineffective Congress in my lifetime and while the Dems deserve some of the blame, the bulk of it does fall on the Republicans in the House.

Actually you just see any compromise to be wrong. and you think anything wrong is progressive.

So compromise = progressive.....in your mind

Yes
No

Liberals have compromised on spending cuts, universal healthcare, tax increases, gun control

What have conservatives compromised on?

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME)

"Brainwashed hater dupes of the greedy idiot rich GOP" (francoHFW)

BTW, you don't know what a flat tax is (idiocy pandering to the rich)

If you count all taxes and fees, the richest pay 17%, the middle class 24%, the poor 12%, Romney 9%. Your "pay no tax" is total BS, like the Dems had control for 2 years (200 Pub filibusters in that time LOL), Hitler and fascists are leftists LOL- you people are a joke in the real world...

Last edited:

What's your compromise position on abortion?

I am PRO CHOICE-- TRUE pro choice.. Give the people the right to choose.. Throw it to the States.. what the people vote, is what they get.. If they choose pro-choice, go for it.. if they choose limited abortion.. their choice..

So are you PRO CHOICE or are you BULLSHIT my way or the highway??

Obama wanted to raise taxes on folks who make $250k or more.

Republicans wanted no tax increases.

So they compromised, by raising taxes on folks making $400k.

Nobody gets exactly what they want in a compromise. Republicans gave in with some tax hikes, Democrats gave in by allowing many wealthy people to not get tax hikes.

Yes
No

Liberals have compromised on spending cuts, universal healthcare, tax increases, gun control

What spending cuts?? What healthcare?? What lowered taxes? No such thing as gun control as spelled out in the Constitution.. CLEARLY SPELLED OUT.

Yes
No

What spending cuts?? What healthcare?? What lowered taxes? No such thing as gun control as spelled out in the Constitution.. CLEARLY SPELLED OUT.

Now you are getting silly.

You claim liberals never compromise and then act stupid when compromises are identified

Tax cuts: Liberals wanted a $250,000 threshold, they COMPROMISED on $400,000
Healthcare: Liberals wanted universal government helthcare like Canada and England, they COMPROMISED on a Government option and then COMPROMISED again for a watered down Obamacare
Spending cuts: Automatic sequester was a COMPROMISE, a stupid one but still a COMPROMISE
Gun control: Liberals COMPROMISED on bans on high capacity magazines then they COMPROMISED on assault rifles then they COMPROMISED on background checks

Last edited:
Conservatives

What part of signing a Grover Norquist "No tax pledge" encourages compromise?

Notice how the progressives won't answer the question in regard to TRUE CHOICE, be it abortion or same sex marriage.. hell any moral issue.. Let the people decide.. Liberals are afraid of the American people.. its why they stack the courts to overturn the will of the American people.

Notice how the progressives won't answer the question in regard to TRUE CHOICE, be it abortion or same sex marriage.. hell any moral issue.. Let the people decide.. Liberals are afraid of the American people.. its why they stack the courts to overturn the will of the American people.

Why should you be allowed to vote on what rights others should be allowed to have?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper

Forum List

Back