Complaint seeks IRS audit of Warnock, church foundation

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Ruh Roh scam church and Warnock in trouble.

A charity arm of Ebenezer Baptist Church should face an IRS audit for allegedly concealing its ownership in an Atlanta apartment building which houses chronically homeless and mentally ill residents, according to a complaint filed by a conservative watchdog group.
U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock, who is seeking reelection to the U.S. Senate, is senior pastor at Ebenezer and the principal officer of the Ebenezer Building Foundation. He is also named in the complaint. That nonprofit foundation once owned the Columbia Tower at MLK Village and has close ties to MLK Village Corp., the for-profit company which purchased it in 2007.

Ebenezer Baptist Church, the Ebenezer Building Foundation and MLK Village Corp. share the same address. The foundation and MLK Village Corp. also have three officers in common, records show,

The foundation failed to disclose those connections on its federal 990 form, as required, the National Legal and Policy Center complaint said.
“It is abundantly clear that Ebenezer Building Foundation, Inc. has violated one or more IRS laws and regulations regarding the operation of a nonprofit charity,” the group said. “The IRS must conduct a full investigation and audit of the Foundation’s finances and transactions and assess appropriate civil and criminal penalties, and revoking their tax-exempt status if warranted. The public interest demands it.”

A charity arm of Ebenezer Baptist Church should face an IRS audit for allegedly concealing its ownership in an Atlanta apartment building which houses chronically homeless and mentally ill residents, according to a complaint filed by a conservative watchdog group.
U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock, who is seeking reelection to the U.S. Senate, is senior pastor at Ebenezer and the principal officer of the Ebenezer Building Foundation. He is also named in the complaint. That nonprofit foundation once owned the Columbia Tower at MLK Village and has close ties to MLK Village Corp., the for-profit company which purchased it in 2007.

Ebenezer Baptist Church, the Ebenezer Building Foundation and MLK Village Corp. share the same address. The foundation and MLK Village Corp. also have three officers in common, records show,

The foundation failed to disclose those connections on its federal 990 form, as required, the National Legal and Policy Center complaint said.
“It is abundantly clear that Ebenezer Building Foundation, Inc. has violated one or more IRS laws and regulations regarding the operation of a nonprofit charity,” the group said. “The IRS must conduct a full investigation and audit of the Foundation’s finances and transactions and assess appropriate civil and criminal penalties, and revoking their tax-exempt status if warranted. The public interest demands it.”
Holding my breath... :eek:

I was watching for him to comment on the story about his church sending out the eviction notices. I'm guessing this is why he has been closed mouth on the subject. Hopefully they nail him.

What a bullshit complaint. This is judicial harassment and it has Tom Fitton's fingerprints all over it.

If you file a complaint with the IRS, the are required by law to investigate this claim. Fitton used this law to push investigations of the Clinton Foundation, all of which found no evidence of the bribery or wrong doing Fitton claimed.

Maybe someone should file an IRS complaint against Judicial Watch.

Black dem politicians are never above board.
and u wonder why the left calls us racist?

I always thought they were deceiving as usual when they did that.. but this kind of comment is just what they are looking for to "prove" conservatives are racist.

Oh, wait.. Maybe i should say Never mind.. When reading your post, I missed the "Dem" part.

carry on

I was watching for him to comment on the story about his church sending out the eviction notices. I'm guessing this is why he has been closed mouth on the subject. Hopefully they nail him.

Why would he comment on a story coming from right wing media? All of their smears have been proven to be based on rumours and lies, and none have held up under scrutiny.

Also, despite the attempts of right wing media to tie Rev. Warnock to these eviction notices, this is further evidence that Warnock was not involved in the running of this housing complex and had nothing to do with the eviction of vulnerable tenants. Proving that the whole story is just another attempt by the right wing media to smear the pastor of Dr. Martin Luther King's church.

It's not too hard to remember how the racists attacked Dr. King's character when he was alive, and ultimately murdered him to stop his fight for rights for black people. This is no different.

Forum List

Back