Come on you dishonest people point the errors in my facts...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm big enough and definitely smart enough to know I make mistakes.

After all I am not like Obama who was called a god by NewsWeek editor.

I generally though provide LINKS for any statements and I truly don't like to waste my time if I"M WRONG!

There are major points I've continued to make here but NO ONE SEEMS TO refute them!

HENCE I'm right and yet NONE of you are man enough to admit it!

Example I. There have never been 46 million Americans that wanted and could not get health insurance! LIE!
1) The Census tells us that when they counted that 46 million included were 10 million non-citizens!
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
That leaves 36 million...

2) The Census agrees that they have made mistakes in the undercounting of people eligible for Medicaid.
"Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current Population Survey (CPS) data,
nearly one-third — almost 14 million — were reachable through existing government health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules!
In the latest Census health insurance report, the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).”

SOURCE: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

Do you understand? BEFORE ACA 14 million need ONLY enroll and they became INSURED! that leaves 22 million not 46 million

3) 18 million people fit into this category..Americans that don't want health insurance.
called "young invincibles" i.e. under 34, therefore DON'T NEED.. these 18 million can afford (make over $50k) but don't want to pay their employers'
health plan fees.

So why were 18 million that don't WANT health insurance still counted as part of the 46 million??
SOURCE: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

That leaves 4 million that truly want and need but couldn't get insurance!
FINE let's insure them with the 10% tax on lawyers $270 billion and that provides a $5,000 policy each year for each of the 4 million truly uninsured!

Example II. The BIGGEST cost of health care is the $850 billion that doctors attest they cause because of fear of lawsuits!

"Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year. This is 26 to 34% of all US healthcare costs.
Up to 92% of US physicians practice defensive medicine.
76% of physicians report that defensive medicine decreases patient access to healthcare.
53% of physicians report delaying new techniques, procedures, and treatments due to fear of lawsuits.
Patients most affected by defensive medicine include those visiting emergency rooms and those requiring surgery.
Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.
89% of physicians support a patient’s right to be compensated fairly for true negligence.

SOURCE: Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

These are two major examples of WHERE I"M RIGHT but all of you seem feckless in proving me wrong!

PLEASE if you can prove either of the two examples are grossly 100% WRONG PROVE IT!!!

Example III...
NOT ONE SINGLE one of you Bush bashers have yet to admit these 4 gigantic earth-shaking events occurred obviously because YOU keep blaming Bush!

Tell me that these events DID NOT have an affect on our economy. On our people's psyche..[remember anthrax attacks!!]?
1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001
Contributed to businesses letting people go...i.e. contributed to UNEMPLOYMENT!!!

2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs
SOURCE:The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

3) A minor event --- 9/11! 800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
SOURCE:The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade
4) And of the 10 Costliest Catastrophes..
SOURCE: 10 Costliest Catastrophes in the U.S. - Slide Show-Kiplinger
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
3. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
GEEZ notice something similar??? All during 2001 to 2008!!! GEEZ think that had ANY affect on people losing their jobs???
400,000 jobs lost due to worst hurricane SEASONS 7 of the top 10 hurricanes occurred during 2001 to 2008!

So if in spite of nearly 3 million jobs lost due to Recession/dot.com/9/11 and worst hurricanes
IF those events hadn't occurred that would have been a total of nearly 10 million more people working at the end of 2008 then at the beginning!

If all the presidents in my life time had the above same events occurred I wonder if their job creation numbers would have also been as affected???

"Example I. There have never been 46 million Americans that wanted and could not get health insurance! LIE!
1) The Census tells us that when they counted that 46 million included were 10 million non-citizens!
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
That leaves 36 million..."

You do know that the previous administration consistently used the same methodology when it arrived at it's uninsured numbers, don't you? I'm sure you do. Awhile back you used a report dated 2004 that pointed how how the uninsured were being identified. This is the same exact method the Obama Administration used, they simply carried on the approach of the previous administration.
Let's please us intellectual honesty.

I AGREE with YOU! This is NOT a GOP/Democrat response.

Even today Rush Limbaugh stupidly uses 30 million uninsured!
Believe ME I agree!
So the point though is AM I INCORRECT?

If I am not then why are you willing to perpetuate the 46 million uninsured myth?

The Myth of the 46 Million | The American Spectator
To be clear, the statistic is not pulled out of thin air. It comes from an annual report by the Census Bureau, which most recently pegged the number of uninsured at 45.7 million for 2007. But the problem lies in the way the statistic is commonly cited and understood.

For starters, the statistic does not mean that there are "46 million uninsured Americans," as the New York Times reported in a recent story on health care, and as is echoed throughout the media. Just a quick look inside the Census Bureau data shows that 9.7 million of the uninsured are not citizens of the United States. Liberals can argue that we still have a moral duty to cover non-citizens, but this doesn't change the fact that as a matter of accuracy, the Census data only tells us that 36 million Americans are uninsured.

In 2003, a BlueCross BlueShield Association study estimated that about 14 million of the uninsured were eligible for Medicaid and SCHIP. These people would be signed up for government insurance if they ever made it to the emergency room.

In addition, some of the 46 million could theoretically afford health coverage, but chose not to purchase any. In 2007, 17.6 million of the uninsured had annual incomes of more than $50,000 and 9.1 million earned more than $75,000. In fact, as Sally Pipes notes in the Top Ten Myths of American Health Care: A Citizen's Guide, those making more than $75,000 per year are part of the fastest growing segment of the uninsured population.

dear, it is your analysis that is faulty, which has been shown to you over and over.

You, hm, no longer get a "just once more" card. You are busted at the logic table.

Believe ME I agree!

If I am not then why are you willing to perpetuate the 46 million uninsured myth?

You're wrong because despite the fact that you add qualifiers to WHY certain people were among the 46 million uninsured,

that doesn't change the fact that a person was uninsured.

If I'm uninsured because I choose to be uninsured, I'm still counted as uninsured.

If I'm uninsured but eligible for Medicaid that I have not signed up for, I'm still counted as uninsured.

Etc.

"Example I. There have never been 46 million Americans that wanted and could not get health insurance! LIE!

You do know that the previous administration consistently used the same methodology when it arrived at it's uninsured numbers, don't you? I'm sure you do. Awhile back you used a report dated 2004 that pointed how how the uninsured were being identified. This is the same exact method the Obama Administration used, they simply carried on the approach of the previous administration.

You understand that doesnt negate his argument, right?

Believe ME I agree!

You're wrong because despite the fact that you add qualifiers to WHY certain people were among the 46 million uninsured,

If I'm uninsured because I choose to be uninsured, I'm still counted as uninsured.

If I'm uninsured but eligible for Medicaid that I have not signed up for, I'm still counted as uninsured.

Etc.
Yes, but the person who chooses to be uninsured is not the government's problem.
The person who is eligible for insurance and doesnt know it is not helped by a massive trillion dollar program that screws up everything else.

Believe ME I agree!

Etc.
Yes, but the person who chooses to be uninsured is not the government's problem.
The person who is eligible for insurance and doesnt know it is not helped by a massive trillion dollar program that screws up everything else.

So who pays for the healthcare for poor kids if Medicaid is abolished? Or do they just go without and that makes America a better place?

Etc.

So who pays for the healthcare for poor kids if Medicaid is abolished? Or do they just go without and that makes America a better place?

Why do you want to jail poor kids?

dear, it is your analysis that is faulty, which has been shown to you over and over.

You, hm, no longer get a "just once more" card. You are busted at the logic table.

What a stupid comment!

My "analysis" of WHAT? Which example has "faulty analysis"?

What a childish retort. Grow up and respond like an intelligent adult.

Believe ME I agree!

Etc.

You are right!
From now on I'm using the phrase "there are NOT 46 million Americans,eligible for Medicaid and want health insurance".

How's that? Does that roll off your tongue?
Better yet how about "4 million truly uninsured"?

the paid shill is a compulsive liar.

the paid shill is a compulsive liar.
Ironic, "counselor".

Etc.

So who was suggesting abolishing Medicaid?

Why was another screwed up massive government program i.e. ACA necessary when 14 million people didn't know they qualified for Medicaid?
Fix what is wrong not create another massive government program to screw up 1/6th of the economy.

But see that was never Obama's intention to fix.. but to destroy.
He told us he preferred that the 1,300 companies that employ 400,000 people and pay over $100 billion a year in taxes go out of business.
How does that help when 400,000 more people are unemployed and $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local and property taxes is gone?

I am waiting for someone to prove me wrong!

This candidate solemnly pledged on June 5, 2008: “In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.”
Unfortunately, the experts working for Medicare’s actuary have (yet again[1]) reported that in its first 10 years, Obamacare will boost health spending by “roughly $621 billion” above the amounts Americans would have spent without this misguided law[/I]
Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four - Forbes

Obama said there were.."“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today.
CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care ? to insure 4.2 million people? - Washington Times

There never were 46 million Americans that were unable to be covered THAT wanted to be covered!
1) Obama's Census told us 10 million of the 46 million were not CITIZENS... Leaves 36 million...
2) Obama's failures at getting 14 million people at the poverty level BEFORE ACA covered under Medicaid.. Leaves 22 million!
3) 18 million people under 34 don't need, but can afford at $50k per year refuse employers' plans... They don't want! Leaves 4 million!!

4 million that truly need and wanted coverage and all that would be needed would be to charge lawyers 10% of their $270 billion a year in fees
to provide each and every one of the 4 million a $5,000/year premium!

That's how simple it would be!

Instead Obama prefers 1,300 insurance companies that employ 400,000 and that pay $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local and property taxes
go out of business because in his OWN words:
"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program" Obama speaking to the Illinois AFL-CIO, June 30, 2003.

Forum List

Back