Comcast fires 10 year employee for being in Proud Boys

In one video, a far-right assailant in a group of at least 15 screams, “Faggot!” as he kicks a person lying curled up on the pavement. In another, the men cheer and gloat as they leave the scene of the mob assault. One yells a Proud Boys motto, “Fuck around, find out!” and says, “Dude, I had one of their fucking heads, and I was just fucking smashing it in the pavement!”

“That son of a bitch!” the man says of his beating victim. “He was a fucking foreigner.”

do you think that guy whose head was in the pavement is a believer?

Their disavowals of bigotry are belied by their actions: rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings...

Proud Boys
Horseshit. There are whites, blacks, Browns, straight and queers in the ranks of Proud Boys.

In one video, a far-right assailant in a group of at least 15 screams, “Faggot!” as he kicks a person lying curled up on the pavement. In another, the men cheer and gloat as they leave the scene of the mob assault. One yells a Proud Boys motto, “Fuck around, find out!” and says, “Dude, I had one of their fucking heads, and I was just fucking smashing it in the pavement!”

“That son of a bitch!” the man says of his beating victim. “He was a fucking foreigner.”
Awesome

I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.
That is Comcasts right in a FREE society. You should be allowed to hire & fire whomever you want whenever you want for any reason you want.
I believe there should be an exception to that rule you want. If an employee is injured and the employer refuses to allow the employee come back to work the employee is supposed to be liable. If employers are allowed to endanger employees and then deny the employee we will be going back into the dark ages not ahead into making sure people are treated with decency. There do need to be certain rules otherwise civilization may as well go into anarchy back to an era of being able to shoot one another for cause or by mob rule.

I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.
You can fire anyone you like IF it’s your company and said employee is a member of a hate group.

proud boys are lame and ignorant as hell...

they bring shame to their country and their employers are not proud to have them.

They should have given him a blanket party in the bathroom before getting him canned.

brought to you by the same PROUD thugs who'd have you believe the magna carta and the geneva conventions are just "PC" run amok

1*6MWVELmkK3tPU9xikHbq6w.jpeg

Forum List

Back