Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

I will never break into your home or try and steal your car, and now I have to depend on all of you not to shoot me since you might be having a bad day.

THIS my friends is actual leadership.

Even though Obama was unable to get anything done, he dug deep for a proper response instead of more #ThoughtsAndPrayers.

The final 2/3 of this speech after the Roseburg Oregon shooting was ad libbed and straight from the heart.

Yeah, the spineless faggot could sure intimidate the US citizens, because he had the backing of the government to enforce????

A "real" conversation on gun control means the same thing as a "real" conversation on Race. Liberals never want a conversation. What they really want is to give speeches on their point of view only.
Yeah, poor you. As if you're listening to us, either.

Illegals have killed thousands in this country, you people don't seem concerned with that.

Sure, fuckhead..........lets blame it all on illegals....What a fucking moron.....lol
those deaths dont matter but this is so important? Whats the difference exactly?

Liberals have selective faux rage. They defend and give sanctuary to illegals who kill thousands and its total crickets. Some mentally ill nut job kills 17 and they demand the 2nd amendment be repealed.
No one is asking for the repeal of the Second Amendment.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED how else will you get your gun control laws passed?

when you notice smoke coming from a building you call the fire dept - you dont wait until flames are shooting out of windows 10 feet.

we have neighbor hood watch groups that notify cops when they notice anything shady going on .. we need to have the same damn thing in our schools.

wtf is the worst that could happen- piss someone off?

If you see something say something but don't waste your time saying it to the FBI...they are too busy trying to select the next president...and bringing down Trump...

There is no political solution. Legal gun ownership in America is nothing new, but mass shootings weren't a common occurrence in the 50s. How do you legislate respect for life and basic human decency? So long as the degenerate left dominates our media and educational landscape, redefining what it means to be human, people are only going to become more and more nihilistic and depraved.

Well, congress on both sides have cut mental health so bad that you have to be suicidal to even be assessed in the hospital , pushed out with bullshit meds with no return to the doctor..

Mental health has been FU for years and years..

This seriously needs to be addressed before the fake opiode war because most addicted are either self medicating or have mental health issues..

All of this is cut back by the GOP for these kids to get the help that they need..

Again, there was no mental health epidemic back in the 50s. What's changed since then?

There were mental hospitals in the 1950's that is why..lol

Couldnt have anything at all to do with our culture becoming debased and immoral, nah.

Henceforth I won't be voting for any politician who's taken more than $1000 in blood money from the NRA in any given year. If such a candidate doesn't exist, I'll leave that space blank - and so should you. Sadly, they don't represent sportsmen or simple home defense and recreational target shooting firearms owners such as myself. They're all about manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

Nice column from Richard Wolffe

<snips>

This is no time to talk politics, we’re told by gun-loving conservatives.

This is a time for prayers, we’re told by Donald Trump.

“There really are no words,” we’re told by the local sheriff.

So it’s OK, everyone. We can get back to the latest blather about tax cuts for corporations or billions for a border wall. Those are the things that politics, and presidents, and words, can handle.

But if we can’t talk about saving the lives of our children, if our politics can’t keep our schools safe, if we can’t talk about the mass murder of innocence, then what on earth are we talking about? What’s the point of any politician if they can’t do this one simple thing: protect our youngest citizens?

Donald Trump doesn’t do moral values and he doesn’t do justice. That’s the cost of doing business with a man who wanted the death penalty for five teenagers known as the Central Park Five, and claimed they were guilty even after they were exonerated by DNA evidence.

Enough is enough is enough. If you care about our children, do something to protect them. If you want a politician who talks about our greatest threats, vote for someone who isn’t terrified of the National Rifle Association.

And if you want to make America great again, make our schools safe again.​

Don’t look to Trump for leadership after the Florida school shooting | Richard Wolffe

Sane productive adults don’t reallly look to POTUS for a handholding in any event. We just keep our heads down, going to work and raising our families while Democrats and their constituents continue to fuck shit up all around us.

We need to ask the worthless FBI why they did nothing when this latest shooter was once again reported to them a year ago...
Maybe they were too busy trying to frame Trump to do their job...

Apparently Trump is bitterly complaining about the FBI --- it certainly does seem that they are incapable on pretty much every level. That whole agency needs to be disbanded, probably. And something better formed, maybe out of a revised Homeland Security. I'd like to see that. The FBI is useless and seriously corrupt.

How did an armed shooter walk into the school in the first place? The school security system was obviously deficient to the point of gross negligence and reckless endangerment. It has happened before, so it is foreseeable.

The public school system huddles our children together unprotected, thus making them sitting duck targets. The prey is there, all you need is a predator. Florida got a predator yesterday and he got his prey on the school's platter.

Finger pointing at school personnel is a spin on a horrific event with no effort to offer a solution to mitigate such violence, so typical of a supporter of the NRA's policy of no gun control, not way.

Where is the empathy for all those killed, maimed and their parents, siblings and friends who will live the act of one man with a gun.

The people actually there is spin but an org that had literally NOTHING to do with it, isnt?
You fucking idiot.
People like you are why we cant figure this shit out. Tunnel vision dumbasses.

Your words are a jumble of emotion and calling me a "fucking idiot" may make you feel better about your complicity with yesterdays murders.

You wonder why I claim you are complicit? I'll tell you straight up, those who support the 2nd A. as an absolute right are wrong, and the laws of the nation and in several state need to regulate firearms.

Each time this happens these supporters protect the 2nd A. by pointing fingers at others, other than the killers and the method used in creating carnage. They reject any effort to control the proliferation of guns to individuals who most rational people feel ought not to have access to them.,
Everytime a bully says bad words and a weak child kills themselves, you have blood on your hands because you support constitutional rights :eek:

A rational discussion on gun control is not possible when their goal is banning guns and abolishing the 2nd amendment. No compromise with these people is possible.

Seriously, could we take some measures to try and prevent these school shootings? I think so but the anti gun advocates make such a compromise impossible because for them its a total gun ban or nothing. This forces gun owners to not give an inch. They know the gun control advocates will just keep coming back for more and more restrictions until guns are effectively banned with a twisted hairball of ridiculous gun control laws designed to make it so legally risky and expensive to own a gun that people just give up their 2nd amendment rights voluntarily.
I've not heard one person pushing for a total gun ban. Not one. Not even me.
Lots of suggestions for infringement though. The constitution expressly forbids this...

when you notice smoke coming from a building you call the fire dept - you dont wait until flames are shooting out of windows 10 feet.

we have neighbor hood watch groups that notify cops when they notice anything shady going on .. we need to have the same damn thing in our schools.

wtf is the worst that could happen- piss someone off?
how does your group work--more specifically??thanks for replies

The Second Amendment didn't shoot up a bunch of students. A person did. A person who talked about doing it before he did it. The NRA didn't shot anybody either. The FBI knew about this guy's threats and so did the school.

Tell us, Wry Catcher. How could this lunatic have been stopped from harming others?

It's hard to trust the gun grabbers because they have pushed for it in the past. They have been dishonest in the past.

Gun control does not work and will not work. The gun is not the problem.

Get me some REAL solutions.

Otherwise, arm everyone and be done with it, because THAT is the ONLY solution.

Liberals should just go ahead and call for a Constitutional Convention it would be great seeing their bullshit get slapped down.

What gun control, besides total weapon bans and confiscation would have prevented this?

This kid had train wreck written all over him. Utterly deranged and talked to by the FBI at least a couple of times for stating that "he was going to become a professional school shooter". Red flags all over him - THAT is how more thorough checks would have weeded this dude out from his AR-15 purchase.
Wasn't he talking to the FBI that agency that was looking for dirt on a certain candidate, while covering for the crooked vagina candidate? Spread the FBI so thin that this guy like the Las Vegas shooter slipped through the cracks. Maybe it is time for cutting funding for an agency that is incompetent?

A rational discussion on gun control is not possible when their goal is banning guns and abolishing the 2nd amendment. No compromise with these people is possible.

Seriously, could we take some measures to try and prevent these school shootings? I think so but the anti gun advocates make such a compromise impossible because for them its a total gun ban or nothing. This forces gun owners to not give an inch. They know the gun control advocates will just keep coming back for more and more restrictions until guns are effectively banned with a twisted hairball of ridiculous gun control laws designed to make it so legally risky and expensive to own a gun that people just give up their 2nd amendment rights voluntarily.
Nat said we should ban every gun designed to kill :lol:

When I misbehaved, I got my ass beat. Very effective in my case. It works.
Today, if a child misbehaves, he/she is diagnosed with add and drugged into zombieland.
And you wonder why our kids are shooting up families, friends, and schools?
Could these force-fed, mind-altering drugs have anything to do with these "outbursts"?

Last edited:

Lib please, they are on video advocating for exactly that. Every time we turn around they are yapping about Europe or Australia gun laws. Never mind these restrictions and bans have ZERO effect on criminals or crazy people who have no intention of obeying the law. Gun control advocates know this, they don't care because their true goal is to ban gun ownership period.

Forum List

Back