Columbus Day abolished

9 cities abolish Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day in many cites.
They are replacing it with Indigenous People's Day.
They are saying that Columbus came to America to murder the natives.
Columbus came to the western hemisphere by accident.
He didn't come here to commit genocide.
We need to be honest about this.
The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
If they want to ADD an Indigenous People's holiday that is fine.
Add the holiday in the spring when there are very few holidays.
Holidays are good for our economy.

And thus we see that multi-culturalism and diversity are lies.

They're not claims. Ergo they cannot be "lies".

The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
Nine cities out of how many are there in our nation?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's nine new cities that are mentioned in the article.

Here's an article from last year mentioning 56 others. See also post 4 mentioning a list of states and other places.

There's nothing new about this. I was writing about it 30-40 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Right now though the 56 plus 9 are still outnumbered by the rest on our nation's population, so the big mystery is will that number continue to grow and grow big enough to make the hoped for difference?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

And thus we see that multi-culturalism and diversity are lies.

They're not claims. Ergo they cannot be "lies".

The ideas of multiculturalism and diversity, is that we all respect each other's cultures, and then we live in peace and harmony.

BUt now we see that other cultures, instead, as they grow in power, are attempting to drive our traditional American culture and heritage from the public square.

That is not living in peace and harmony. That shows that the Multicultural and Diversity movements, were always lies.

This is not about us all living in peace. This is Culture War.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Here's an article from last year mentioning 56 others. See also post 4 mentioning a list of states and other places.

Thank you for the information. Right now though the 56 plus 9 are still outnumbered by the rest on our nation's population, so the big mystery is will that number continue to grow and grow big enough to make the hoped for difference?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It isn't a scoreboard. I have no idea how many communities or states have done away with Columbus Day but it's been happening continuously as Columbus' real activities come to light. That is the real point. Any time sanitized ethnocentric history is exposed to the light so that we might see the real story ---- that's a good thing.

"How many do" or "how many don't" really isn't relevant.

From the OP link:

>> “Then there is a large population of Italian Americans who for some reason align themselves with this idea of Columbus being an Italian American,” said Matias. “He never made it out of the Caribbean, and was sent back to face charges. So even then Columbus was seen as a criminal who filled his ships with rapists, murders and thieves. We are hoping to generate some interest that Columbus is not a great representative. I always say they should have Frank Sinatra Day.” <<​

I've noticed this too, the bizarre contrivance that "b-but but Columbus was Italian" as if it had something to do with the price of eggs in Genoa --- in spite of the fact that he was working for Spain, not Italy, which didn't even exist at the time, so he had literally nothing to do with Italianism.

The choice of Frank Sinatra at the end is equally bizarro. I'm sure Galileo and DaVinci are most amuserated by that.
Abolishing Columbus Day is not really about hating Columbus, it is about hating white people.
Interesting....there was a time when, in this country, Columbus would not have been considered a white person....he would have just been another dago.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It isn't a scoreboard. I have no idea how many communities or states have done away with Columbus Day but it's been happening continuously as Columbus' real activities come to light. That is the real point. Any time sanitized ethnocentric history is exposed to the light so that we might see the real story ---- that's a good thing.

When is the last time this happened to a beloved icon of the vile left?

Here's a guy who wants to play "she was asking for it".

SMGDFH

He's right.

The history of the world is one people conquering another. The natives did that to the other natives.

Encyclopedia of the Great Plains | INTERTRIBAL WARFARE

He's right about history; he's not right that might makes right.

We don't celebrate Hitler conquering Poland or Japan taking over Korea, do we? It's factual history but it's not a fucking virtue.
To some it is.

We should absolutely replace Columbus day with a brown person day ....

Hoist A Glass!

Graphic Image removed

Che got nine bullets in his sorry @$$,
and all I got was this rockin' meme! Salud, bitch.
Forgive the lapse, but as Boat Guy reminded me in Comments, today is the anniversary of the date in 1967 when sociopath commie bastard mass murderer (but I repeat myself) Ernesto "Che" Guevara performed his highest duty to mankind, by volunteering as a target for a detachment of the glorious forces of freedom in Bolivia, where he was wounded, captured, and later executed summarily. Dulce et decorum est.

A toast, boys and girls, to the outstanding marksmanship of Las Fuerzas Armadas de Bolivia, and their virtuous achievement of making another Good Communist, in a hail of gunfire. Nice shooting, amigos. Viva Libertad!

And be of good cheer, fellow diehards: today means we're another year closer to Dead Hanoi Jane Day. Whenever that day comes, it cannot be too soon.

POSTED BY AESOP AT 11:40 AM

Raconteur Report: Hoist A Glass!

Killdozer day and dead che should be national holidays

Last edited by a moderator:
you forgot your "but" statment at the end. You are implying genocide in the general situation of colonization, I am calling your implication bullshit.

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

My points stand, untouched.

You can't even admit to your own backhanded attempt to equate colonization with genocide.

Once AGAIN, AGAIN ----- NOWHERE did I bring up "genocide". That's the OP's strawman.

NOWHERE did I either bring up "race". That too is the OP's hangup. NOWHERE did I suggest Columbus did what he did on account of his race or that of his victims. On the contrary I proffered from the beginning that his motives were greed, material gain and ingratiating himself to the Spanish crown and the Church. NOTHING in that implies any "race" in any context.

What I DID post was a summary of his activities once he landed, lost at sea. ZERO posters have disputed any of those activities, thus we must agree that they are accurate history.

All we are left with then is the moral question. The question of whether "might makes right", as Frogman's Googly Image ass-serts.

If we are to answer this in the affirmative, that means I can go outside and overpower my neighbor, take his food, rape his daughter, and send his sons out to look for gold in the woods and cut their hands off when they can't find it.

But that food is finite, so I'll go into town to the bank because they have money and I want it. So all I need to do is take enough guns and gunslingers to overpower them and I can have that money because I was better at brutality than they were.

That's about it isn't it? Please confirm because I still have time to change my afternoon plans.

Your statement implied genocide. Stop trying to hide that fact behind walls of text.

Columbus' actions may imply genocide. The OP came right out and said it. Then he admitted it, desperately trying to blame those actions on "the left", "Democrats" and "whites" because he can't face it.

I didn't need to "imply" jack shit. That was all done before I got here.

No stop trying to hide behind not answering the actual statement, you feckless coward.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

How many do or don't might matter. In my opinion, getting rid of a holiday or keeping it is no different than any other issue that people agree or disagree with. It all depends on how important any issue is to a person. Always remember that a third group of people will be out there too and it will consist of those who don't care one way or another. How many people out there want our current leader to be impeached? How many want him to be left alone? How many don't care what is or isn't done to him?

God bless you and our leader always!!!

Holly

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

My points stand, untouched.

You can't even admit to your own backhanded attempt to equate colonization with genocide.

Once AGAIN, AGAIN ----- NOWHERE did I bring up "genocide". That's the OP's strawman.

NOWHERE did I either bring up "race". That too is the OP's hangup. NOWHERE did I suggest Columbus did what he did on account of his race or that of his victims. On the contrary I proffered from the beginning that his motives were greed, material gain and ingratiating himself to the Spanish crown and the Church. NOTHING in that implies any "race" in any context.

What I DID post was a summary of his activities once he landed, lost at sea. ZERO posters have disputed any of those activities, thus we must agree that they are accurate history.

All we are left with then is the moral question. The question of whether "might makes right", as Frogman's Googly Image ass-serts.

If we are to answer this in the affirmative, that means I can go outside and overpower my neighbor, take his food, rape his daughter, and send his sons out to look for gold in the woods and cut their hands off when they can't find it.

But that food is finite, so I'll go into town to the bank because they have money and I want it. So all I need to do is take enough guns and gunslingers to overpower them and I can have that money because I was better at brutality than they were.

That's about it isn't it? Please confirm because I still have time to change my afternoon plans.

Your statement implied genocide. Stop trying to hide that fact behind walls of text.

Columbus' actions may imply genocide. The OP came right out and said it. Then he admitted it, desperately trying to blame those actions on "the left", "Democrats" and "whites" because he can't face it.

No stop trying to hide behind not answering the actual statement, you feckless coward.

Actually I was literally the first one in here to acknowledge the OP's strawman and then spill his basket of fallacies out, with details that have yet to be challenged at all. You came along later whining and sniveling about shit I didn't even post in the first place.

You are rhetorically unarmed, have yet to make a point, and your existence here continues to be irrelevant.

Actually I was literally the first one in here to acknowledge the OP's strawman and then spill his basket of fallacies out, with details that have yet to be challenged at all. You came along later whining and sniveling about shit I didn't even post in the first place.

You are rhetorically unarmed, have yet to make a point, and your existence here continues to be irrelevant.

The second part of your statement implies you agree with the whole genocide thing. Does it or doesn't it?

The second part of your statement implies you agree with the whole genocide thing. Does it or doesn't it?

The second part of my post points out that you came here emptyhanded. Don't know how much more simply I can put that.

The genocide thing, as I told you 78 times, was the OP's strawman. Nobody brought it up but him. Then you came waddling in trying to breathe life into it. Get one.

The second part of my post points out that you came here emptyhanded. Don't know how much more simply I can put that.

The genocide thing, as I told you 78 times, was the OP's strawman. Nobody brought it up but him. Then you came waddling in trying to breathe life into it. Get one.

Lets cut to the chase. Was what the colonizers did to the natives in the Americas Genocide or not?

Lets cut to the chase. Was what the colonizers did to the natives in the Americas Genocide or not?

Once AGAIN you'll need to ask the OP. He's the only one who introduced that premise.

I can see right through what you think you're trying to do and it's doomed to failure.

Once AGAIN you'll need to ask the OP. He's the only one who introduced that premise.

I can see right through what you think you're trying to do and it's doomed to failure.

Why won't you answer the question? Your response to the OP indicates you think it is, even in a backhanded way.

Why won't you answer the question? Your response to the OP indicates you think it is, even in a backhanded way.

I don't NEED to answer the question. I didn't bring it up.

Who the fuck died and appointed you the Emperor of what I have to post about?

We should absolutely replace Columbus day with a brown person day ....

Hoist A Glass!

Graphic Image removed

Che got nine bullets in his sorry @$$,
and all I got was this rockin' meme! Salud, bitch.
Forgive the lapse, but as Boat Guy reminded me in Comments, today is the anniversary of the date in 1967 when sociopath commie bastard mass murderer (but I repeat myself) Ernesto "Che" Guevara performed his highest duty to mankind, by volunteering as a target for a detachment of the glorious forces of freedom in Bolivia, where he was wounded, captured, and later executed summarily. Dulce et decorum est.

A toast, boys and girls, to the outstanding marksmanship of Las Fuerzas Armadas de Bolivia, and their virtuous achievement of making another Good Communist, in a hail of gunfire. Nice shooting, amigos. Viva Libertad!

And be of good cheer, fellow diehards: today means we're another year closer to Dead Hanoi Jane Day. Whenever that day comes, it cannot be too soon.

POSTED BY AESOP AT 11:40 AM

Raconteur Report: Hoist A Glass!

Killdozer day and dead che should be national holidays

And I was just saying what a great site usmb was for free speech
Dead che is all over the web ....sigh no historic gore

Probably a triggered prog ratted me out ...
2lnbgda5qor31.jpg

Stasi pukes

The dead che was less graphic :10::04:

Although as a rag man gotta admire the world's greatest tShirt salesman

I don't NEED to answer the question. I didn't bring it up.

Who the fuck died and appointed you the Emperor of what I have to post about?

Wow, getting defensive there eh?

Answer the question.

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

Say, I wonder if Amherst Massachusetts has a Columbus Day... :eusa_think:

You are a fool and a moron.....

Forum List

Back