coloradomtnman....meet tiff lol

we shall see....baby fuzz....well she still is a baby..she is just so much bigger now...of course she couldnt have gotten any smaller....wont matter...baby fuzz and all ...she is tiff

ahhhhhhhhhh back from the vet.....she is negative...she is good to go...she only weights 2 and 1/4 lbs....vet says that is fine...i am freaking she is such a runt....roland was wormy...hunter cats always are...roland has to take a pill...pill pocket aint working...both arms and hands are bleeding....right arm looks like it went into a meat grinder....he got a talon stuck in left hand...could tear it out...i still have the pill....too...

still looks plugged in but i can kinda wipe her down with lanolin wipes and it looks less...who am i kidding the plugged in look is the tiff look.

her hair looks that way cause when she grows up she is going to be a very fluffy fluffy cat.

well yesterday i wasnt paying attention and left the slider open...when a friend comes over and goes...where's tiff? ...we begin to look....we can hear her...

IMG_1011.jpg

see her way up in the tree...about 25 ft up....

IMG_1013.jpg

man is making comments about never seeing a cat skeleton in a tree....i am making comments about the vet bill for broken bones.....he hauled out a huge ass extension ladder and got her down...he said he would only do it that once....right.

Cats are such little trouble makers! Artemis, my 7 month old, kills bugs on the screen windows which, of course, tears up the screens.

Chloe, the year old, claws the chair, but when we tell her "No!" she acts as though she was just climbing it (and I can't punish them for climbing, feels too hypocritical to me and I feel a certain fatherly-pride seeing them climb).

Yesterday Chloe, who hates other animals and runs and hides from them - but loves people, chased a stray cat out of our yard. I was so surprised that I didn't even feel shocked; I chased her down before she ran into a street or a neighboring fenced yard and then I felt surprised (the cats stay harnessed and leashed when outside alone, but get to roam free when I'm out watching them - I'm too fearful of city streets and assholes who try to run cats over with their cars. Such an occurrence would devastate me.) Artemis, who hates strange people, on the other hand makes friends with the neighborhood strays and since she reacts to distemper vaccinations, she hasn't had her 3rd booster.

The knock my books off the shelves chasing flies and moths, Artemis plays with her water bowl which results in sloshed water all over the kitchen floor, Chloe won't eat anything but tuna and one brand of dry food, they attack our feet under the blankets while we're sleeping, Artemis plays with the toilet water and leaves dirty paw prints all over the seat, the love to sprint around the house in the middle of the night, Chloe won't go to the bathroom unless its in a litterbox (which is both good and bad since I want her to go outside while we're hiking), Artemis likes the idea of going outside but really only wants to have the front door open to guard against trespassing flies, Artemis also thinks every speck on the wall is an insect/prey, on and on and on. Still, I don't regret adopting them at all and my life is better because of them.

tiff is 3 months and one week today...she weighs....drum roll please.....3 lbs...

she is no longer consider at risk...has had all her shots..worming etc...and will be going to be noodled soon....next month when she weights in at a whooping 4 lbs.

(noodled is what my son said when he was 5 or so...instead of neutered)

tiff is 3 months and one week today...she weighs....drum roll please.....3 lbs...

she is no longer consider at risk...has had all her shots..worming etc...and will be going to be noodled soon....next month when she weights in at a whooping 4 lbs.

(noodled is what my son said when he was 5 or so...instead of neutered)
Let him know that for a female, the term usually used is, "spayed."

And woo-hoo! Congrats on getting Tiff outta da woods and on the road to a full life!

he was 5 ...mm....he knows that stuff now....
Minnit is a little over 4 lbs now.... I'm waiting at least another month or so though before having her anesthetized and put under the knife. I really really hate having to do that to kitties but the long-term benefits far outweigh the short term trauma and risk of death.

Here's Minnit, yesterday:

Minnit.jpeg

o how pretty....well the vet is saying end of next month ...tiff is good to go under the knife...they have a clinic going in september...i am not worried about that...she gives me a good deal...plus she is a low volume vet...you dont have a room full of people waiting..

me you and echo all have varing shades of tabbies....i like tabbies..the cheschire cat was a tabbie

you are pushing it with not doing it before 6 months....and she is looking good...normally it wont set them back but a day or so

you are pushing it with not doing it before 6 months....and she is looking good...normally it wont set them back but a day or so
She'll be right at 7 months old by the middle of next month. Her near starvation as an infant really stumped her growth a little bit, her sibling who still lives outside is quite a bit larger. I want to make sure she's strong and caught up a little. Normally I would do it right at 6 mos of age.

She'll be about the 1,500th cat I've had this done to.... Not my first rodeo but it IS hers.

o how pretty....well the vet is saying end of next month ...tiff is good to go under the knife...they have a clinic going in september...i am not worried about that...she gives me a good deal...plus she is a low volume vet...you dont have a room full of people waiting..

me you and echo all have varing shades of tabbies....i like tabbies..the cheschire cat was a tabbie

Here's my baby taking a nap:

nightkitten.jpg

Here's my baby taking a nap:

nightkitten.jpg
Aww!

i didnt realize she was that old...she is a small one....tiff is long...like a halloween cat...she is starting to perk up from the shots today...

Forum List

Back