This Just Really Ticks Me OFF

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
1. Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence

On June 3, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Agents arrested Cheyenne Cherry, a 17-year-old resident of the Bronx, for allegedly killing a two-month-old kitten by burning her to death in an oven. In addition to cruelty to animals, Cherry was charged with multiple counts of burglary, arson and criminal mischief. Under New York State law, Cherry is considered an adult and faces more than 10 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Cherry admits that she broke into the home of an ex-roommate on May 6 with the intent to "play a joke and mess up her apartment." Cherry and an accomplice allegedly threw bleach on the walls of the apartment, slashed furniture and stole various items. Before leaving, the pair put the victim's kitten, Tiger Lily, into the hot oven.

When police arrived at the Bronx apartment to investigate smoke complaints, Tiger Lily was found dead. Her remains were taken to ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, where veterinarians had to perform a necropsy to determine the sex of the badly burned kitten.

According to Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, Cherry's explanation for placing the kitten in the oven was simply: "I hate cats."

June 12, 2009

On June 3, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Agents arrested Cheyenne Cherry, a 17-year-old resident of the Bronx, for allegedly killing a two-month-old kitten by burning her to death in an oven. In addition to cruelty to animals, Cherry was charged with multiple counts of burglary, arson and criminal mischief. Under New York State law, Cherry is considered an adult and faces more than 10 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Cherry admits that she broke into the home of an ex-roommate on May 6 with the intent to "play a joke and mess up her apartment." Cherry and an accomplice allegedly threw bleach on the walls of the apartment, slashed furniture and stole various items. Before leaving, the pair put the victim's kitten, Tiger Lily, into the hot oven.

When police arrived at the Bronx apartment to investigate smoke complaints, Tiger Lily was found dead. Her remains were taken to ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, where veterinarians had to perform a necropsy to determine the sex of the badly burned kitten.

According to Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, Cherry's explanation for placing the kitten in the oven was simply: "I hate cats."

June 12, 2009

What exactly ticks you off, that a 17 year old tortured and killed a cat, or that the 17 year old will spend many years in prison for killing a cat?

Neither seems quite right to me.

June 12, 2009

What exactly ticks you off, that a 17 year old tortured and killed a cat, or that the 17 year old will spend many years in prison for killing a cat?

Neither seems quite right to me.

you are pure genius! pure assholic genius!

I agree with the sentencing 100 percent. Call it the system "playing a joke" on him.

I laughed so hard when I heard this, because you know - it sounded like something from The Onion.

I can imagine the headline now...

"Teenager cat serial killer sentenced to life in prison for apparently baking 'cat cakes.' Vietnamese 'dog cake' chefs go underground."

Honestly, 10 years is to much... Likely get parole after a year or so.

I laughed so hard when I heard this, because you know - it sounded like something from The Onion.

"Teenager cat serial killer sentenced to life in prison for apparently baking 'cat cakes.' Vietnamese 'dog cake' chefs go underground."

agreed----10 years is insane---how about an ass whupping ?

how about both?

how about both?

you dont even get 10 years for killing people in some states, for God's sake !

Last edited:
animals are just way cooler than we evil humans are.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Willow : )

June 12, 2009

it is said most serial killers tortured or killed animals in their youth. Animal cruelity is a very serious thing and should not be taken lightly. I don't know about ten years but she should serve some jail time and be made to seek professional help because obviously this girl as some problems.

Forum List

Back