Colo. Marijuana Businesses Embrace New Drug at Center of DEA Crackdown in Calif.

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Colo. Marijuana Businesses Embrace New Drug at Center of DEA Crackdown in Calif.

Making the drug is risky. Butane, a substance so flammable that any spark can set off an explosion, is used to strip out the THC, the chemical in marijuana that gets a person high. But law enforcement says the process of making wax is not the only thing dangerous about it.

“We have seen people have an onset of psychosis and even brain damage from that exposure to that high concentration of THC,” said Gary Hill, assistant special agent in charge at the DEA's San Diego office. “Our concern is that this is going to spread before we get it under control.”

But a thousand miles away, in Colorado, wax is legal. Anyone over 21 can walk into a recreational marijuana dispensary and buy it right off the shelf. There’s even a three-day contest, named the X-Cup, held in broad daylight in Denver, to see who can make the most potent batch of the same drug upon which DEA agents are cracking down in California

Colorado Marijuana Businesses Embrace New Drug at Center of DEA Crackdown in California - ABC News

Wax, never heard of it. Perhaps I am behind the times. Sounds dangerous . Should it be legal even though dangerous to make and may be dangerous for the person consuming it or should pot be limited to its 'natural form' for the lack of a better word?

Heard earlier than Colorado will make about $1BILLION!! in the first year.

Other states will be climbing on this bandwagon.

I've said for years that the biggest reason MJ hasn't been legal is that the gumt couldn't figure out how to exact their pound of flesh of something that you can grow in your backyard.

I've said for years that the biggest reason MJ hasn't been legal is that the gumt couldn't figure out how to exact their pound of flesh of something that you can grow in your backyard.

What do you think about the OP tho? Using butane and other chemicals to make something like this to be distributed legally?

These kitchen chemists who make wax use long tubes packed full of marijuana leaves. They then shoot compressed butane through the tube. The butane apparently leeches the THC from the vegetation and as it flows out in a greenish muck into a pan.

The only issue I have with the legalization of Pot, is according to the American Lung Association its more dangerous than tobacco. Why legislate something when trying to stop the use of tobacco products for the very same danger?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5JUIX9yuhv34Q4Zd1fpy50g&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU

CaféAuLait;8690767 said:

What do you think about the OP tho? Using butane and other chemicals to make something like this to be distributed legally?

These kitchen chemists who make wax use long tubes packed full of marijuana leaves. They then shoot compressed butane through the tube. The butane apparently leeches the THC from the vegetation and as it flows out in a greenish muck into a pan.

The only issue I have with the legalization of Pot, is according to the American Lung Association its more dangerous than tobacco. Why legislate something when trying to stop the use of tobacco products for the very same danger?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5JUIX9yuhv34Q4Zd1fpy50g&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU

I know a guy who uses isopropyl alcohol to extract the THC. The butane method has been around for a few years now...

I will not sell wax or BHO in my store. I will sell bubble and dry extracted hash as well as tinctures.
If you would like to ask questions I will answer as best i can. i am a medical marijuana professional, I currently operate a legal dispensary in Arizona. (psst! I serve gay patients, I only refuse service based on behavior)
Anyway....mmj pro, well versed in all infusion and growing methods as well as creating concentrates.
The one thing I will say is that personally I will not make, sell or use BHO or wax. I have concerns about the petroleum residues left behind in what is supposed to be medicine.

CaféAuLait;8690767 said:

Okay let's debunk!

Marijuana is more dangerous than tobacco?

- people smoke upwards of 2 packs of cigarettes a day! Everyday!!! 3 joints would be considered a LOOOOOT of joints in one day! And a joint is most often shared between several people! 20 puffs of marijuana in a single day is a remarkable amount! How many puffs do you get from one cigarette? Not to mention 20 puffs of marijuana a day is unsustainable and responsible users would never come close to approaching that.

- Adding on to the above marijuana cigarettes are filter-less because it's illegal so no company can make them with filters! Are hundreds of filtered cigarette puffs in one day worse than a 5 - 10 average for a mj smoker? (and that would be amongst the heaviest mj smokers around)

- Marijuana can be consumed in edible form causing zero damage to the lungs! When was the last time you heard about tobacco brownies?

- Finally vaporized marijuana is considered by many to be the best way to smoke it! Imagine if e-cigarettes were satisfying? Because to marijuana smokers they absolutely are!

Any more questions?

Last edited:
using isopropyl alchohol to dissolve the trichomes and make hash creates a product known as "black mamby"
The alcohol can be tasted if it is not created properly. The reason it turns black is because the alcohol causes the terpines in the plant matter to oxidize. The infused alcohol can also be ingested as is, and is called a tincture.

I will not sell wax or BHO in my store. I will sell bubble and dry extracted hash as well as tinctures.
If you would like to ask questions I will answer as best i can. i am a medical marijuana professional, I currently operate a legal dispensary in Arizona. (psst! I serve gay patients, I only refuse service based on behavior)
Anyway....mmj pro, well versed in all infusion and growing methods as well as creating concentrates.
The one thing I will say is that personally I will not make, sell or use BHO or wax. I have concerns about the petroleum residues left behind in what is supposed to be medicine.

From High Times:

...Pure n-butane (C4H10) is medical or laboratory-grade butane, which is available at 99.9 percent purity. It evaporates completely at a low temperature (-0.5oC), so the chances of residue are slim, and such residue would be pretty much tasteless and harmless...

It's a very good article:

To Dab Or Not To Dab? | High Times

But you're right, the average dipshit is going to bother getting good butane.

Cannabis smoke is NOT good for you. However, most reliable research shows that it is not as harmful as tobbaco smoke because there is less tars in cannabis smoke.
The harm from smoking can be somewhat reduced by using a vaporizer, however, the effects are not the same as smoking it.
Smoke of any kind, including wood smoke from your stove, is not good for you.
One redeeming property of cannabis smoke is the reduction in inflammation of the bronchial tubes, yet before this takes place, inflamation occurs.
In other words, an asthamatic can smoke marijuana for relief IN SMALL QUANITIES. Upon smoking it, for the first twnety or thirty minutes, the breathing is more difficult, then the inflamation is reduced, breathing greatly improves. The improvements can last for 12-24 hours.

You need a new best friend? ;)

Welcome to the board.

From High Times:

...Pure n-butane (C4H10) is medical or laboratory-grade butane, which is available at 99.9 percent purity. It evaporates completely at a low temperature (-0.5oC), so the chances of residue are slim, and such residue would be pretty much tasteless and harmless...

It's a very good article:

But you're right, the average dipshit is going to bother getting good butane.

yes, i read high times too. I understand the arguments, and the different butane products.
I won't use it, so I won't sell it. Give me some good full bubble anyday...nothing used in that process but water.

The harm from smoking can be somewhat reduced by using a vaporizer, however, the effects are not the same as smoking it.

Ever tried a "Volcano" vaporizer or one of those hash oil vape cigarettes? The effects are pretty damn strong. But you're right it's not completely safe.

Hundreds of times safer than being addicted to cigarettes however.

Btw I know I'm coming off as a complete stoner here but I haven't touched the stuff since the year after College. I can't wait until the day it's legalized.

You need a new best friend? ;)

Welcome to the board.

Ignore Luddly. Rumor has it he works for the DEA...

Just a tip for my new buddy...

yes i have a volcano...cost 650 bucks. I like the volcano as while vaping it goes straight to the head for a real cerebral effect. The material from the cup on the volcano can be used again to create a less intoxicating but high CBD tincture that is as effective as the stuff Rick Simpson sells.(despite what the vape manufacturers tell you)
I sell vape sticks, and the glycerine tincture to fill them. that is yet another form of cannabis concentrate.

Forum List

Back