College Football - off season chatter

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I saw the news that the 2015 season will open with a game between Alabama and Wisconsin in Cowboy Stadium.

Should be a great game. The Badgers typically have a very physical team.

Going to be interesting to see if the new Badgers coach can match The last two Wisconsin head coaches. He's got big shoes to fill. Can't be the easiest coaching job that far North.

So, every year we hear how great one team is, or how one team overachieves while another team underachieves.

I've been wondering if anyone has ever done a rating of the STATES that have historically overachieved, and what STATES have underachieved. Not based solely on the number of championships, but on the number of championships based on population.

To explain, it seems to me that a state like Oklahoma might well be the biggest over achieving College Football state in the union. It has a fairly small population, with three division one colleges and quite a few national championships (all OU), but on a per capita basis, they might actually be the greatest State for footbal based on champioships per capita.

While California, the largest populated state, with quite a few division one schools, might be one of the most underachieving College Football States.

Other overachieving States might be Alabama (actually might be the most overachieving), Nebraska and Louisiana.

Other underachieving States might be Texas, Florida, Georgia?

Does anyone know if a stitistical study like this has ever been done?

The greatest football state might actually be a surprise to many.

So, every year we hear how great one team is, or how one team overachieves while another team underachieves.

I've been wondering if anyone has ever done a rating of the STATES that have historically overachieved, and what STATES have underachieved. Not based solely on the number of championships, but on the number of championships based on population.

To explain, it seems to me that a state like Oklahoma might well be the biggest over achieving College Football state in the union. It has a fairly small population, with three division one colleges and quite a few national championships (all OU), but on a per capita basis, they might actually be the greatest State for footbal based on champioships per capita.

While California, the largest populated state, with quite a few division one schools, might be one of the most underachieving College Football States.

Other overachieving States might be Alabama (actually might be the most overachieving), Nebraska and Louisiana.

Other underachieving States might be Texas, Florida, Georgia?

Does anyone know if a stitistical study like this has ever been done?

The greatest football state might actually be a surprise to many.

At least in the BCS era Alabama would have to be one of the most overachieving states. 4 years in a row the crystal football has gone there.

Forum List

Back