College destroys books after digitization, sparking fears of 1984 style censorship

They say those who learn nothing from history are doomed to repeat it, but then again, sometimes repeating history is exactly the point, as longtime anti-gun Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s new “assault weapons ban” planned legislation for early next year proves.

Yes, Hitler Really Did Take the Guns Before Throwing Jews into Concentration Camps (or Gas Chambers)
One college dumping the library does not mean that all books in,the world or even the nation is destroyed.
They should be giving them away not trashing them.

lots of books end up in "TAKE" piles-------and stay there. I have
an extensive library of "taken" books I TAKE only one or two at
a time
Have they even tried?

Denying the Holocaust is a form of censorship and falls under the laws against hate speach that tries to prevent Holocausts.
So censorship of censorship is a double negative=ok, otherwise the person would be arguing against themself who thinks they are rightfully censoring censorship.
Illegal speach censorship is OK.
In breeding with your siblings to post on a forum complaining about your rights to insight hate is not OK. Loosing your one good tooth throwing your phone against the wall and having it bounce back at your face, because you got toasted by a Jew
=just dessert.

I get a kick how the OP web-article attempted to dictate my emotion through use of "destroys", "sparks fear", "1984 style censorship", "caught removing". Based on the comments here it did manage success with some which is also worth a hoot or two.

Here are more articles on the subject to keep the shivers running up your spine.

Even University Libraries Aren’t Keeping Hard Copy Books (from 2015)

No Room for Books (2011)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/14/e...es-set-aside-books-in-a-digital-age.html?_r=0 (2005)

I get a kick how the OP web-article attempted to dictate my emotion through use of "destroys", "sparks fear", "1984 style censorship", "caught removing". Based on the comments here it did manage success with some which is also worth a hoot or two.

Here are more articles on the subject to keep the shivers running up your spine.

No Room for Books (2011)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/14/e...es-set-aside-books-in-a-digital-age.html?_r=0 (2005)

I get a kick and a reality check at stupid people on the left really are... so does everyone else not in the class of dumbasses.

upload_2017-5-9_16-31-28.png

A digital book is still a book
Library's went fifty years ago to no longer keep newspapers. They were stored in photographic form
Now, it is all digital

I can go online and find a book from 150 years ago

Library's went fifty years ago to no longer keep newspapers. They were stored in photographic form
Now, it is all digital

You can go online and find a book the point you miss is liberal REJECTS can change what those books say to fit the Liberal agenda " ONLY"

These idiots want to turn the space into a " NAP POD" wtf are these assholes going to do if they actually have to work. Tell the boss they need a gawd dam NAP POD... these college kids are fkn panzies these stupid sob won't make it a week in the real world when nobody coddles these pathetic sissies.

Handheld technological devices including tablets are associated with a range of health problems. Handhelds contribute to Computer Vision Syndrome, which causes eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision, and dry eyes, according to the American Optometric Association. [20] People who use mobile devices more often have a higher incidence of musculoskeletal disorders associated with repetitive strain on muscles, including carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain ("text neck"), shoulder pain, and fibromyalgia. [21] [22]

Many textbooks are not available in digital format or on the specific tablet used by a school. As of 2012, only 30% of textbook titles are available electronically. There are many different companies that manufacture tablets, and most contract with one specific e-book seller. This means that some textbooks may not be sold across all tablets. [32] [33] [34]

Tablets vs. Textbooks - ProCon.org

Oh but it's a conspiracy, esp to those who don't know how to research a gawd dam thing.

No Room for Books (2011)

I get a kick and a reality check at stupid people on the left really are... so does everyone else not in the class of dumbasses.

View attachment 125823

I see a lot of similarity between the OP article and the list you presented. My initial reply hit right on with it not knowing the facts and its reliance on emotional argument. Its taking offense of digitized and removing books is very similar to liberals making mountains out of what aren't even mole hills.

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC and so I can't say about that case and the article didn't get into those smart enough to spot fake news when they see it.

No Room for Books (2011)

View attachment 125823

I see a lot of similarity between the OP article and the list you presented. My initial reply hit right on with it not knowing the facts and its reliance on emotional argument. Its taking offense of digitized and removing books is very similar to liberals making mountains out of what aren't even mole hills.

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC and so I can't say about that case and the article didn't get into those smart enough to spot fake news when they see it.

Pure dumb ass loser of society .

No Room for Books (2011)

View attachment 125823

upload_2017-5-9_18-2-5.png

Most stuff is way, way beyond your ability to comprehend, that's why you are a leftist fake liberal democrat and love Governmental powers to dictate for you. Your all a bit to stupid to think for yourselves. .....

How is this different than putting printed material on microfiche, or DVDs. Holly shit the old saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" applies here.

Dopes in a panic, the reason book burning is so odious is because the nefarious nutjobs of the past burned books to destroy them, all of them, so the ideas would not be read and absorbed by anyone else. Putting books into digital storage is the exact opposite. It puts the books in one place where everyone can access them any time they like and read them.

The books themselves then occupy space that could be used for other things. Now I myself don't like to see any book thrown away, but these are not the only copies of these books and they have been preserved by the library for the soul purpose of saving them and making them available to read. I also find it sad that libraries are falling fallow and closing. But, the books are safe and easily available via computer.

'dafuq is wrong with you derps.

Most stuff is way, way beyond your ability to comprehend, that's why you are a leftist fake liberal democrat and love Governmental powers to dictate for you. Your all a bit to stupid to think for yourselves. .....

If it is your point that I'm the one not able to comprehend things and think for myself why is it that all you can post in rebuttal are meme's having nothing at all to do with the subject matter?

Now, it is all digital

You can go online and find a book the point you miss is liberal REJECTS can change what those books say to fit the Liberal agenda " ONLY"

These idiots want to turn the space into a " NAP POD" wtf are these assholes going to do if they actually have to work. Tell the boss they need a gawd dam NAP POD... these college kids are fkn panzies these stupid sob won't make it a week in the real world when nobody coddles these pathetic sissies.
A pdf file copies a book exactly and cannot be modified

You can copy an entire Library full of books and store it in a space the size of a suitcase

It can also be available to everyone on earth

I think that books should be preserved somewhere just not with me. I have about 200 books. I can access any of them on my phone. I enjoy my tablet because I can change the font or size of the type to make it easier to see. That's something I cannot do with a book.

I wish my textbooks in law school had been digitized. It would have made lugging 50 pounds of books unnecessary and note taking a breeze.

Forum List

Back