College destroys books after digitization, sparking fears of 1984 style censorship

California universities were caught removing and even destroying library books after digitizing them, a process critics warn leads to 1984-style censorship in which only “corrected” copies of books remain.

UC Berkeley in particular recently removed 135,000 books from its school library, claiming that by digitizing the books, library space can be reused for meeting rooms and “nap pods.”

But libraries have existed since the Middle Ages as vaults of knowledge ..........................

College Destroys Books After Digitization, Sparking Fears of 1984-Style Censorship
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another area of forced by choice the illusion of choice. What people dont grasp is the push to make everything digital it enables those in high places to change digtial books and what they say.
Then take power companies like Google, etc who can tap right into a digital book and change what it says.

People are sooooo not grasping the INFORMATION WARS going on right in front of them .

Authoers have already come out and warned how things said in their books isn't what was written.

This is what HITLER DID IN GERMANY!

Censorship was rampant throughout Nazi Germany. Censorship ensured that Germans could only see what the Nazi hierarchy wanted people to see, hear what they wanted them to hear and read only what the Nazis deemed acceptable. The Nazi police dealt with anyone who went outside of these boundaries. Censorship dominated the lives of the ordinary citizen in Nazi Germany.

Censorship in Nazi Germany - History Learning Site
They're like the secular version of muzzies.

One of best post ever on this site. Beware liberals rewriting history! I do not trust online books. Keep the hard copy version of our literature both liberal, conservative, controversial,...so be it. Nazi's burned books...then they burned people!

California universities were caught removing and even destroying library books after digitizing them, a process critics warn leads to 1984-style censorship in which only “corrected” copies of books remain.

UC Berkeley in particular recently removed 135,000 books from its school library, claiming that by digitizing the books, library space can be reused for meeting rooms and “nap pods.”

But libraries have existed since the Middle Ages as vaults of knowledge ..........................

College Destroys Books After Digitization, Sparking Fears of 1984-Style Censorship
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another area of forced by choice the illusion of choice. What people dont grasp is the push to make everything digital it enables those in high places to change digtial books and what they say.
Then take power companies like Google, etc who can tap right into a digital book and change what it says.

People are sooooo not grasping the INFORMATION WARS going on right in front of them .

Authoers have already come out and warned how things said in their books isn't what was written.

Censorship was rampant throughout Nazi Germany. Censorship ensured that Germans could only see what the Nazi hierarchy wanted people to see, hear what they wanted them to hear and read only what the Nazis deemed acceptable. The Nazi police dealt with anyone who went outside of these boundaries. Censorship dominated the lives of the ordinary citizen in Nazi Germany.

Universities redesign libraries for the 21st century: fewer books, more space
Great. Didgitizing...equals burning. How stupid are these fucking kids to blindly trust this? Is their narcissisim so bad that they think everything techno is their world? You really want to trust who scans the books? How stupid are you? Hey lazy bastard college student...pick up the fucking book and read it you mentally lazy asshole. Totalitarianism will spring from your ignorance of you civil liberties.

A digital book is still a book
Library's went fifty years ago to no longer keep newspapers. They were stored in photographic form
Now, it is all digital

I can go online and find a book from 150 years ago

You can go online and find a book the point you miss is liberal REJECTS can change what those books say to fit the Liberal agenda " ONLY"

These idiots want to turn the space into a " NAP POD" wtf are these assholes going to do if they actually have to work. Tell the boss they need a gawd dam NAP POD... these college kids are fkn panzies these stupid sob won't make it a week in the real world when nobody coddles these pathetic sissies.
A pdf file copies a book exactly and cannot be modified

You can copy an entire Library full of books and store it in a space the size of a suitcase

It can also be available to everyone on earth

Liar. Even MS word can edit a PDF these days.

I work with PDF's pretty extensively so I use something with more capability. Corel PDF Fusion - "an all-in-one PDF creator that lets you view files, plus assemble, edit and create PDFs."

Edit and rearrange content
  • Just select a phrase or sentence and start typing to make changes
  • Edit or add text anywhere in a document
  • Easily add bookmarks and comments
  • Mark up documents using highlighting and sticky notes
  • Redact sensitive information and save securely
  • Add watermarks
  • Insert hyperlinks to other pages in your document, other files or websites
  • Rearrange, rotate or crop page

Semi-related memory - When I was like 10 or something, we went down south (toward Kenai I think) and we stopped at a library that had been flooded after the 69 quake upped the sea level. My family had donated the land/building/books to the public) and I recall I wanted to save those books so bad that I scaled the bookshelves and monkeyed myself across the building to rescue some that were in a flooded section. My mom was screaming her head off in the doorway and uncle Dan was laughing his ass off over her shoulder. Then uncle Ben hollered at me to "get yer ass outta that there death trap before yer mama drowns in her tears out 'ere." (Uncle Ben had a Southern accent heh) GO GO ADD!

Anyway, I think I still have them on one of my book cases though I can't remember their names anymore, I think they were children's books... One looks to be about lions, has a golden hard cover with no title and almost hand painted looking illustrations. The other is red with black print on the spine that I can't read from it's angle, the black and white illustrations look almost... I think it's German looking... Hmmm... Maybe I'll see if I can find them to refresh my images; it's been almost 20 years since we moved in here and my memory only keeps the pictures for so long heh

I'll take any books they want to get rid of, I love books and since I got a place of my own I can have as many books as I want it's glorious! My father used to limit me so much, I was only allowed on bookshelf and I had to donate all my books before I could go buy another batch. It was like having my friends ripped from my hands :/ Now I can keep all of them :) Fuck crazy cat ladies, I'm gonna be a crazy librarian :p

Sounds like the shit is going down man, thanks so much for keeping us up to date.

We'll add it to the MindWars Doom-Tracker (tm).

1. Flu pandemic
2. Financial collapse
3. War with Korea
4. Artificial intelligence run amok
5. Mass extinctions
6. Heavily armed Muslims in the US
7. Russian Bombers
8. Wild fires out of control with some secret reason they started
9. Nuclear war wipes out everyone
10. Massive power outage with boilerplate FEMA reference
11. FEMA Operation Gotham false flag
12. Cell phones causing brain cancer
13. Coronal hole from giant fissure on the sun
14. Popocatépetl volcano
15. Facial recognition not really for illegals
16. Cyber attack on power grid
17. Nuclear missile hitting California
18. Deadly fungus "catastrophic threat" to US
19. Global debt explosion
20. American debt bomb
21. Scientists warn of apocalypse
22. Europe taken over by Islam
23. Earthquakes off Alaska
24. 1984 style censorship

Library's went fifty years ago to no longer keep newspapers. They were stored in photographic form
Now, it is all digital

Manipulated ....

Do you see where the OP is going here?

Now, it is all digital

You can go online and find a book the point you miss is liberal REJECTS can change what those books say to fit the Liberal agenda " ONLY"

These idiots want to turn the space into a " NAP POD" wtf are these assholes going to do if they actually have to work. Tell the boss they need a gawd dam NAP POD... these college kids are fkn panzies these stupid sob won't make it a week in the real world when nobody coddles these pathetic sissies.
A pdf file copies a book exactly and cannot be modified

You can copy an entire Library full of books and store it in a space the size of a suitcase

It can also be available to everyone on earth

Much like Hillarys emails couldn't be hacked either I suppose

I visited our local library a few weeks ago....it was depressing

The library used to be so full of life. People wandering the stacks looking for a book. Kids doing homework. Lines to check out a book

Nobody was wandering the stacks. There were no best sellers or recent books. Most seemed very , very old

Most of the people there were on the internet

My local library is always busy. Not subway station at rush hour busy, but busy enough to have to wait in lines to check out.

If we're talking about books like Obama's or Hillary's, then yes, they're a definite waste of space, as are sociology type propaganda. If we're talking old histories, newspapers, etc., then this a travesty. Most libraries will preserve older books, but this being Berkeley and it being a Loon Magnet even in its state overseers, staff, and dept. heads, somebody should certainly issue a cease and desist order and send in some adults.

You know what's funny? You conservatives want to stop any other thought besides traditional ways of living....Think about it! You don't want people to be gay, trans or even dare question your narrow belief system but you have the nerve to point fingers at the left? lol.

The college isn't destroying knowledge or ideas here. This isn't 1984! What you want is as you want a lot of this stuff banned or stopped all together by the force of the government.

Last edited:

Universities redesign libraries for the 21st century: fewer books, more space
Great. Didgitizing...equals burning. How stupid are these fucking kids to blindly trust this? Is their narcissisim so bad that they think everything techno is their world? You really want to trust who scans the books? How stupid are you? Hey lazy bastard college student...pick up the fucking book and read it you mentally lazy asshole. Totalitarianism will spring from your ignorance of you civil liberties.
We don't have film or video tape anymore either
Storing the knowledge of mankind requires massive amounts of space and is not an efficient way to share knowledge. A rare book may be stored a thousand miles away in some obscure library. A digitized version is only a click away

I totally think we should put books online, but destroying the hard copies is not right. Send them to a library or a museum or just offer them up for collectors like me... There is just something about the smell (or in my case a taste) of a good book that cannot be equaled by a flat screen.

I totally think we should put books online, but destroying the hard copies is not right. Send them to a library or a museum or just offer them up for collectors like me... There is just something about the smell (or in my case a taste) of a good book that cannot be equaled by a flat screen.

I prefer real books as well. They don't need batteries, and are portable. Plus, they are usually more detailed, which reminds me that many old books are valuable for their bibliographies alone, especially when looking for sources contemporary to a given time period. It can turn into a 'treasure hunt' in some cases, an obscure reference here, one there, and so on.

I'm all for the digitization projects, especially at archive.org, and Gutenburg, don't know if Google Free Ebooks is still doing it, probably not. It's an immense amount of work, especially to make decent quality scans, and too many times they just hand the job over to some 'work-study' students who don't give a crap if they screw up a few pages.

One project that may not be well known is the one at Cornell; it has the unappealing categories of 'Agriculture' and 'Home Economics', so most would avoid it, but it has all kinds of little gems in there for those who like to research food and housing prices, the economics of hotels, greenhouses, wages, cost of living stuff, etc., particularly from the 'Progressive Era', along with 'how to' books that would still be useful today. You can also find periodicals there, the 'Psychology' ones are pretty interesting. HEARTH is the main title of the project there.

Sounds like the shit is going down man, thanks so much for keeping us up to date.

We'll add it to the MindWars Doom-Tracker (tm).

1. Flu pandemic
2. Financial collapse
3. War with Korea
4. Artificial intelligence run amok
5. Mass extinctions
6. Heavily armed Muslims in the US
7. Russian Bombers
8. Wild fires out of control with some secret reason they started
9. Nuclear war wipes out everyone
10. Massive power outage with boilerplate FEMA reference
11. FEMA Operation Gotham false flag
12. Cell phones causing brain cancer
13. Coronal hole from giant fissure on the sun
14. Popocatépetl volcano
15. Facial recognition not really for illegals
16. Cyber attack on power grid
17. Nuclear missile hitting California
18. Deadly fungus "catastrophic threat" to US
19. Global debt explosion
20. American debt bomb
21. Scientists warn of apocalypse
22. Europe taken over by Islam
23. Earthquakes off Alaska
24. 1984 style censorship
, you forgot tick disease that will kill us all.

Forum List

Back