Colin Powell Weighs in on The SIDe of Sanity

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Last edited:
Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected

Gates "might have waited a while, come outside, talked to the officer, and that might have been the end of it," said Powell, one of the nation's most prominent African Americans.

"You don't argue with a police officer," Powell said.

You do when you have other motives.

I don't agree with Powell very often lately, but he's right on this issue.

Colin Powell on Gates: “You Don’t Argue With A Police Officer” | TV | Mediaite

"I would say, the first teaching point is when you’re faced with an officer trying to do his job and get to the bottom of something. This is not the time to get in an argument with him. I was taught that as a child. You don’t argue with a police officer. In fact, in our schools today, in order to make sure that we don’t have things escalate out of control and lead to very unfortunate situations, we tell our kids, when you’re being asked something by a police officer, being detained by a police officer, cooperate. If you don’t like what happened, or if you think that you have been exposed to something that’s racist or prejudicial or something that’s wrong, then you make a complaint afterwards and you sue him."

Well said Mr Powell, :clap2:
99.9999% of the people I know feel the same.

Yeah I agree.

Had Gates simply pandered to the cop's conceit this event would never have happened.

And had the cop treated Gate with the respect he expected it wouldn't have happened either.

A couple hardons clashed.

NBD except to those of you seeking to make racist gold out of this hay.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree.

Had Gates simply pandered to the cop's conceit this event would never have happened.

And had the cop treated Gate with the respect he expected it wouldn't have happened either.

Edict dummie dear,, gates was treated respectfully til he started his assholishness!

Yeah I agree.

Edict dummie dear,, gates was treated respectfully til he started his assholishness!

No point telling Editec that, he does not care. He and the rest of the dumb asses have failed miserably on blaming this cop. Won't stop them from trying though. You remember the liberal golden rule " repeat it often enough and people will begin to believe it"

Yeah I agree.

No point telling Editec that, he does not care. He and the rest of the dumb asses have failed miserably on blaming this cop. Won't stop them from trying though. You remember the liberal golden rule " repeat it often enough and people will begin to believe it"
Is there no end to this topic? Gates is a NWA and he is getting tons of miles out of this tirade.

Nice! You guys have found another black man to say what you want him to...and parade him around. It's kind of neat that you all seem to think black men are the experts on racial issues. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice! You guys have found another black man to say what you want him to...and parade him around. It's kind of neat that you all seem to think black men are the experts on racial issues. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::clap2:

You sure do. Or why else would it matter what a BLACK man had to say about the issue to begin with? You think cause a BLACK man in the white house said it was racist that makes it true. Cause a black Governor of Mass. said it was racist makes it true.

YOU are the one that thinks black men are the final word on racism.

You sure do. Or why else would it matter what a BLACK man had to say about the issue to begin with? You think cause a BLACK man in the white house said it was racist that makes it true. Cause a black Governor of Mass. said it was racist makes it true.

It doesn't matter to me...I'm not the one trotting out black men. IMO Crowley abused his power, the race thing is merely a side issue. But it's fun to watch you people talking shit, as always.

well! what a hypocrite you are,, isn't it nice to get the opposite side of your assholishness from a black guy since you don't think whites know anything about being black??? DUmmie! like I said the only thing will make you racists happy is to have black policemen take black tests and respond to black citizens.. then maybe you will stop with your foolishness! but,, then again ...maybe not!

"Powell said that he was the target of racial profiling many times and that he sometimes got angry. On one such occasion, he tried to meet someone at Reagan National Airport “and nobody thought I could be the national security adviser to the president,’’ Powell said. “I was just a black guy.’’

Asked how he dealt with the situation, Powell said: “You just suck it up. . . .

“There is no African American in this country who has not been exposed to this kind of situation,’’ Powell said."

Powell critical of Gates’s response - The Boston Globe

It doesn't matter to me...I'm not the one trotting out black men. IMO Crowley abused his power, the race thing is merely a side issue. But it's fun to watch you people talking shit, as always.

Crowley did his job and the black man acted the race baiter and threw down the race card just to see where it would land, your dumbass racist leader guy stepped right up to his waist in the bullshit and it backfired on both of them.. you don't like what powell said??? why don't you say so??? you disagree with powell? why don't you say so.

well! what a hypocrite you are,, isn't it nice to get the opposite side of your assholishness from a black guy since you don't think whites know anything about being black??? DUmmie! like I said the only thing will make you racists happy is to have black policemen take black tests and respond to black citizens.. then maybe you will stop with your foolishness! but,, then again ...maybe not!
:cuckoo:

Crowley did his job and the black man acted the race baiter and threw down the race card just to see where it would land, your dumbass racist leader guy stepped right up to his waist in the bullshit and it backfired on both of them.. you don't like what powell said??? why don't you say so??? you disagree with powell? why don't you say so.
You're getting rather tumultuous there, Willy.

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo: all you want, that"s why the asshole threw down the race card,, cause he was black and the cop was white.. suck lemons.

So white people are no longer supposed to quote black men? Is this the new rule girls??? how very racist of you. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back