Cold feet at bedtime...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I don't understand it. In the winter, when it's cold outside, we keep our house heated well. It will be at least 70 degrees inside and maybe just a little more at times. My wife wears socks, bedroom slippers and dresses warmly inside the house BUT when we go to bed, she always has cold feet and she thinks it is my duty to allow her to put her cold feet on me so they will warm up. What's up with this? Are all wives like this or is mine just defective?:confused:

i am cold blooded.....i have to have warmth....and yea its da mans job to make me warm.....

just like its da mans job to get out of bed when there is noise at night....and go find it

I don't understand it. In the winter, when it's cold outside, we keep our house heated well. It will be at least 70 degrees inside and maybe just a little more at times. My wife wears socks, bedroom slippers and dresses warmly inside the house BUT when we go to bed, she always has cold feet and she thinks it is my duty to allow her to put her cold feet on me so they will warm up. What's up with this? Are all wives like this or is mine just defective?:confused:

No feet fetish for me...keep those feet away..

She wears socks.. :lol:

I don't mind being a bun warmer though..

Last edited:
i am cold blooded.....i have to have warmth....and yea its da mans job to make me warm.....

just like its da mans job to get out of bed when there is noise at night....and go find it

And why is that?

I'm in a deep sleep, and my much better half wakes me up because she heard a quarter second noise. Now it's my job to locate something I didn't hear.

How exactly am I supposed to do that?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
you get your ass out of bed and you find the noise and the reason for it....i couldnt believe when i elbowed him and said...did you hear that...he goes....yea and rolls over and goes back to sleep....
he was all hateful when i elbowed him awake again...you get up....she gets to roll over to the warm spot. simple as that

and with 3 cats and 2 dogs...i am not noise sensitive...but i have fired a .22 and screamed in the yard...(all at the same time) and he didnt wake up...the next mourning he did ask me why the snow was covered in blood...

you get your ass out of bed and you find the noise and the reason for it....i couldnt believe when i elbowed him and said...did you hear that...he goes....yea and rolls over and goes back to sleep....
he was all hateful when i elbowed him awake again...you get up....she gets to roll over to the warm spot. simple as that

and with 3 cats and 2 dogs...i am not noise sensitive...but i have fired a .22 and screamed in the yard...(all at the same time) and he didnt wake up...the next mourning he did ask me why the snow was covered in blood...

OK, we're halfway there. If I really put an effort into it, I can locate the reason for the noise.

But I don't quite understand how I'm supposed to locate the noise itself.

Any ideas?

lol...

noises are odd things....the noise we both heard that took him hours to locate was loud and scarey and from the basement....i dont go into the basement at night...i have locks on the basement door...not just one lock..but locks...

he had boards stored in the rafters ....one of the cats had jumped down on a board and set up this loud noise...which of course could only be discovered by being down there when the cat jumped on the board...

Before I was treated for my thyroid dysfunction my hands and feet were always freezing cold. I mean it could be 80 degree's and they would be cold.

Have her get her thyroid checked. LOL

This brings up an interesting question.

Why is it that in the colder months, wives are always freezing, and turn the furnace up to 76 and put 3 comforters on the bed, yet in summer they turn the thermostat down so low you can hang meat in the living room?

My much better half does this, and it drives me bats. In summer, I have to wear a jacket to bed, and in winter I'm sleeping in my shorts.

What's up with that?

I don't think I have touched the thermostat in my house in over 3 years

I love playing with the cold butter pats in restaurants. I hold them for about 5 seconds...and melt them! I steam up car windows too. Ive always burned hot. So if have cold feet or hands...im in trouble :lol:

Forum List

Back