People who Smoke who say "I can't Afford Health Insurance"...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Do you Know any?...

I do...

I am Certain their Rates would be Higher because of their Entirely Pointless, Annoying and Life Shortening Habit...

But at Hundreds of Dollars a Month, MeThinks that they could have Afforded Insurance in place of Cigs had they Never Started.

I Think there should be a Cutoff at some Point for New Smokers who are that Fucking Stupid to Start in the Modern Day.

You Smoke... Either you Pay for your own Healthcare or your Rot in a Gutter because the American Taxpayers shouldn't Foot the Bill for your Ignorant Habit.

Hell, even Lincoln's Adminstration had an Estimate that Smoking would take 5 years off of your Life.

Seriously... There shouldn't be ANY "New Smokers" in the First World.

There is nearly nothing as Pointless and Stupid as that Habit.

:)

peace...

well then, I suppose we should not have to pay for those that eat a lot of fatty foods, or those who are at high risk for hang gliding accidents, or those who have bad genes that pass on breast cancer generation to generation to generation....they should be sterilized, or those who drink alcohol, we shouldn't pay for those people either, or those in car accidents, they should be left for dead if they didn't take out health insurance, and so on and so forth.....right?

well then, I suppose we should not have to pay for those that eat a lot of fatty foods, or those who are at high risk for hang gliding accidents, or those who have bad genes that pass on breast cancer generation to generation to generation....they should be sterilized, or those who drink alcohol, we shouldn't pay for those people either, or those in car accidents, they should be left for dead if they didn't take out health insurance, and so on and so forth.....right?

Yes, a government that would take sugared drinks from food stamp recipients would do any of those things.

Seriously... Smoking in 2010?...

There should be a Cutoff for this Level of Stupidity.

I Understand those who have done it since it was a Bad thing and it was Hip for just about anyone to do, but TODAY?...

It's Universally Stupid to Start Smoking.

Pointless, Annoying and Deadly.

peace...

All those are coming, unless 'we' stop them. Really.

Fatty foods are worse than smokes.

But I don't suffer when I am downwind of a bacon cheeseburger and double fries.

I Understand those who have done it since it was a Bad thing and it was Hip for just about anyone to do, but TODAY?...

peace...

so shouldn't we just ban tobacco sales altogether and have a prohibition on ciggies etc and put people in jail if they break the law, and ban fatty foods, and candy while we are at it, and drive all of those entities out of business via BIG GVT'S LAW?

What is freedom to you Mal?

peace...

so shouldn't we just ban tobacco sales altogether and have a prohibition on ciggies etc and put people in jail if they break the law, and ban fatty foods, and candy while we are at it, and drive all of those entities out of business via BIG GVT'S LAW?

Tobacco taxes pay for health care, remember?

Do you Know any?...

I do...

I am Certain their Rates would be Higher because of their Entirely Pointless, Annoying and Life Shortening Habit...

But at Hundreds of Dollars a Month, MeThinks that they could have Afforded Insurance in place of Cigs had they Never Started.

I Think there should be a Cutoff at some Point for New Smokers who are that Fucking Stupid to Start in the Modern Day.

You Smoke... Either you Pay for your own Healthcare or your Rot in a Gutter because the American Taxpayers shouldn't Foot the Bill for your Ignorant Habit.

Hell, even Lincoln's Adminstration had an Estimate that Smoking would take 5 years off of your Life.

peace...

You know what is hilarious about your statement? In my state, the majority of state taxes on cigarettes go to health care for low income people or children. I am sure it is the same in most states.
I pay $7.54 for a pack of cigarettes so people can health insurance and a few other things.
So, your statement about them paying for their own health insurance is kind of pointless. If they smoke and are getting state health insurance, they are pretty much paying for their own health insurance.

The taxes on cigarettes is what is making me vote to keep taxes on candy and pop this election. I figure if us smokers can pay probably around $4.00 extra in taxes, you can pay a little on candy.

peace...

Tobacco taxes pay for health care, remember?

Yes, they do. In the State of Maine, just the State taxes are $2 bucks a pac, and federal is nearing a dollar, I believe?

all supposedly, for health care.....not their own health care, but health care for someone else's kids, or their own kids, if they are poor and qualify for CHIPS etc...

Smokers pay for social programs through their cigarette purchases. I would suggest you start buying cartons of cigarettes if you like those programs.

My grandfather smoked and lived to almost 80. My wifes' grandfather smoked and lived to his 90's. My aunt Marilyn didn't smoke yet she died of lung cancer.

Go figger.

Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

Lincoln smoked?
I guess it did not matter in his case.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

Pretty stupid post you have going here, mal. While you may not personally approve of smoking, and you might find it a disgusting habit, it is however "legal". Smoking pot is not legal but I don't hear you railing on about people who smoke pot. Smoke is smoke... How come you are getting all up in the air about smokers and health insurance? Uncle Asshole, I mean Owe Bama, is going to provide us all with free health insurance if you can't afford to buy it yourself. Now, go stand down wind from a smoker and be happy you live in America.

Last edited:
Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

Well, let's see. What's wrong with this post?

First, I smoke, and pay for my own health insurance. Kind of wrecks your argument that the taxpayers are footing the bill for my habit.

Second, who would cover the taxes that we smokers pay if we were all to quit tomorrow? Would you have a problem if the tax on bicycles or jogging shoes skyrocketed to cover the shortfall in tax receipts?

If we're as ignorant as you claim we are, you should stop funding all of your programs on our backs.

Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

You know what is hilarious about your statement? In my state, the majority of state taxes on cigarettes go to health care for low income people or children. I am sure it is the same in most states.
I pay $7.54 for a pack of cigarettes so people can health insurance and a few other things.
So, your statement about them paying for their own health insurance is kind of pointless. If they smoke and are getting state health insurance, they are pretty much paying for their own health insurance.

The taxes on cigarettes is what is making me vote to keep taxes on candy and pop this election. I figure if us smokers can pay probably around $4.00 extra in taxes, you can pay a little on candy.

And this is how the Evolution Continues...

Liberals are Crafty.

peace...

Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

Lincoln smoked?
I guess it did not matter in his case.

Do you Know any?...

I do...

peace...

Pretty stupid post you have going here, mal. While you may not personally approve of smoking, and you might find it a disgusting habit, it is however "legal". Smoking pot is not legal but I don't hear you railing on about people who smoke pot. Smoke is smoke... How come you are getting all up in the air about smokers and health insurance? Uncle Asshole, I mean Owe Bama, is going to provide us all with free health insurance if you can't afford to buy it yourself. Now, go stand down wind from a smoker and be happy you live in America.

Smoke is Smoke... But as you said, Legality is one thing... Quantity is another.

Cigs are usually Consumed at a FAR Higher Rate than Pot... WAY Higher.

Also, I am not for Banning them...

Just Expecting NOT to Pay for them after they "couldn't afford Insurance" all of those Years... ;)

I have Insurace.

peace...

Your premise is people should stop smoking and use the money to pay for their own healthcare?

You obviously haven't read the priority list. Additional cell phones, more premium cable channels, and a new PlayStation are much higher on the list.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

New Topics

Forum List

Back