Coke and Pepsi switched from sucrose to high fructose corn syrup in 1984.

If you really want to drink Coke, the Mexican version can be found in a lot of places in the US. It's made with sugar, no HFCS. It's only sold in glass bottles.
The classic glass bottles at that.
My wife has food sensitivities to corn so Mexican Coke with sugar is the only kind she can have. A bit pricey so she indulges sparingly.

Anyone who prefers sugar and doesn't mind plastic, go to a supermarket in a reasonably large community and, in about 2 weeks, look for Coke with a yellow cap.

If you really want to drink Coke, the Mexican version can be found in a lot of places in the US. It's made with sugar, no HFCS. It's only sold in glass bottles.

Costco sells it by the case. I usually get one a year. Twenty-four bottles over fifty-two weeks, I don't feel guilty.

Most of the rest of the world doesn't use HFCS. This is the power of the Ag lobby in America. Killing us.

Example - Heinz Ketchup ingredients in Canada
TOMATO PASTE (MADE FROM FRESH RIPE TOMATOES), LIQUID SUGAR, WHITE VINEGAR, SALT, ONION POWDER, SPICES.

Heinz Ketchup ingredients in the U.S.
TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

You can buy sugar free stuff, I do or make yer own

The season for sugar-based Coke is upon us. Just look for the bottles with the yellow cap.

Forum List

Back