Cocaine Bear

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
Cocaine Bear is very loosely based on some true events. Those who are bizarre true crime documentary fans will likely recall it because there has been several documentaries made about it over the years.

The storyline goes something like this. A drug cartel is smuggling drugs in an airplane and shit happens. In the morning a family is surprised to find a dead skydiver splatted in their driveway.

Some of the contraband cocaine packages in the plane ended up in a national park and apparently a bear ate it, overdosed and died.

And that's where Cocaine Bear deviates from that story. Instead of just dying the bear goes on a cocaine-fueled violent rage.

I thought it was kinda funny.

Cocaine Bear is very loosely based on some true events. Those who are bizarre true crime documentary fans will likely recall it because there has been several documentaries made about it over the years.

The storyline goes something like this. A drug cartel is smuggling drugs in an airplane and shit happens. In the morning a family is surprised to find a dead skydiver splatted in their driveway.

Some of the contraband cocaine packages in the plane ended up in a national park and apparently a bear ate it, overdosed and died.

And that's where Cocaine Bear deviates from that story. Instead of just dying the bear goes on a cocaine-fueled violent rage.

I thought it was kinda funny.

The movie was overall better than we expected—a throwback to 80's horror schlock, and it was good to see Ray Liotta perform his final movie role. The film was billed as being over the top gory but ended up surprisingly low impact in that regard.

Read a story about this movie, but can't remember where, might have been the WSJ. Supposedly it's actually not too bad. I have a book on the criminal ring of which the dead guy found in a driveway with 30 pounds of cocaine was a member of. Interesting story there, too.

Forum List

Back