CNN ratings plummet to lowest primetime viewership in almost three years

CNN's 24/7 Trump-bashing strategy doesn't seem to be working.
The beleaguered network's primetime hosts Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon celebrated Thanksgiving with the network’s lowest-rated week in primetime viewership in nearly three years.

Fox News averaged 2.2 million viewers during the primetime hours of 9-11 p.m. ET from Nov. 25 through Dec. 1, while MSNBC averaged 1.3 million viewers during the same time period and CNN managed only 643,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in nearly three years and the liberal network’s worst turnout among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 in over five yea
rs.

ME: People see the lies and hate that CNN offers up.

Hate to break this to ya but ratings have zero to do with "lies" or "hate". Actually if you put 'hate' on the air your ratings go up.

Ratings measure attention, not assent. A simple count of how many eyeballs that screen is reaching. And their one, and only, function is to determine how much that network can charge for advertising. That's it, full stop.

In other words if you're not either buying or selling commercials on CNN or anywhere else --------- they mean absolutely nothing.

I don't know what ratings mean in Russia where you are but that's what they mean here. And that's also why this topic is not politics --- if it's anything it's Media. There ain't nothing "political" about how much Chevrolet has to pay CNN to run a car ad.
You are a very stupid man, but somehow, you talk down to us because you think we're even stupider than you.

I have several decades in broadcasting. You?

By all means pilgrim, go ahead --- prove any of it wrong.
I didn't say you were wrong, I just said you were stupid because you tell us obvious facts and assume we don't already know them.

Actually I told the OP. She/he obviously doesn't. It's right there in the post.

But you had to butt in as if I was talking to you. Whelp, I guess we figured out who the stupid one is, huh.
You're not only stupid, but you're rude and obnoxious too. A bad combination.

Hate to break this to ya but ratings have zero to do with "lies" or "hate". Actually if you put 'hate' on the air your ratings go up.

Ratings measure attention, not assent. A simple count of how many eyeballs that screen is reaching. And their one, and only, function is to determine how much that network can charge for advertising. That's it, full stop.

In other words if you're not either buying or selling commercials on CNN or anywhere else --------- they mean absolutely nothing.

I don't know what ratings mean in Russia where you are but that's what they mean here. And that's also why this topic is not politics --- if it's anything it's Media. There ain't nothing "political" about how much Chevrolet has to pay CNN to run a car ad.
You are a very stupid man, but somehow, you talk down to us because you think we're even stupider than you.

I didn't say you were wrong, I just said you were stupid because you tell us obvious facts and assume we don't already know them.

Actually I told the OP. She/he obviously doesn't. It's right there in the posts. Roll it.

Hate to break this to ya but ratings have zero to do with "lies" or "hate".

But you had to butt in as if I was talking to you. Whelp, I guess we figured out who the stupid one is, huh.

You're not only stupid, but you're rude and obnoxious too. A bad combination.

Hey, if you can't read enough to follow what's going on you're not going to navigate a message board. Your issue, not mine.

Last edited:

The beleaguered network's primetime hosts Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon celebrated Thanksgiving with the network’s lowest-rated week in primetime viewership in nearly three years.

Fox News averaged 2.2 million viewers during the primetime hours of 9-11 p.m. ET from Nov. 25 through Dec. 1, while MSNBC averaged 1.3 million viewers during the same time period and CNN managed only 643,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in nearly three years and the liberal network’s worst turnout among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 in over five yea
rs.

I just can't understand how the media can keep getting with this BS over and over.
As fux news promotes republican lies it is best done repeatedly or the lies will be seen.

rs.

Actually I told the OP. She/he obviously doesn't. It's right there in the posts. Roll it.

Hate to break this to ya but ratings have zero to do with "lies" or "hate".

Watch this. I'll do it again.

That, plus if they start telling the truth for a change

Ratings (audience count) is not determined by any kind of "truth". Ever heard of, say, WWE? You think that's "truth"?

Ratings are achieved by milking emotions. Big bad hurricane kill you tomorrow. Poor naked people on island forced to eat bugs. Emmanuel Goldstein gives press conference. None of it needs "truth', that ain't how commercial media works, never has been, never will be.

OP-bot still be all like :lalala: in its own bubble-world of self-delusion.

rs.

I just can't understand how the media can keep getting with this BS over and over.
As fux news promotes republican lies it is best done repeatedly or the lies will be seen.
You're an idiot.

rs.

It's possible you do. Clearly the pundits aren't very smart. You would fit right in.

The facts are the media is losing market share, power, and money because they no longer provide news.

They are now quite obviously the propaganda arm of the dnc

rs.

I saw this and thought, the 2020 election may just be a big let down for Democrats.

1. Take a look at the "crowds" the Democrats get at their rallies and compare them to Trump's rallies.

2. The Liberal stations are just another indicator that people want real news they can trust.

3. Dems scheduled the impeachment hearings around some of the busiest times of the year...Thanksgiving and Christmas. People are too busy to care.

4. It's a forgone conclusion the impeachment will not end up in Trump's removal from office, but may land some Dem reps out on the street if they are in red states.

5. It appears that citizens are not trusting the Democrats as they would want, waiting for November, 2020.

rs.

I saw this and thought, the 2020 election may just be a big let down for Democrats.

1. Take a look at the "crowds" the Democrats get at their rallies and compare them to Trump's rallies.

2. The Liberal stations are just another indicator that people want real news they can trust.

3. Dems scheduled the impeachment hearings around some of the busiest times of the year...Thanksgiving and Christmas. People are too busy to care.

4. It's a forgone conclusion the impeachment will not end up in Trump's removal from office, but may land some Dem reps out on the street if they are in red states.

5. It appears that citizens are not trusting the Democrats as they would want, waiting for November, 2020.

Once AGAIN ---- TV ratings have nothing to do with "what people want" just as they have nothing to do with "what people agree or disagree with". They count how many eyeballs are watching. THAT'S IT. Unless you're either a buyer or seller of commercial time on that channel or station, ratings carry literally no useful information whatsoever.

rs.

Always remember this - Pogo IS a CLOWN, a very brainwashed, STUPID CLOWN. You're welcome.

CNN is down to around half a million prime time viewers. How does the network survive?
It would be very interesting to see how CNN is funded. At 640 thousand viewers they are getting into the range of C-SPAN. Think about it, that's an average of around 12000 viewers per state and does that include airport viewers?

CNN is down to around half a million prime time viewers. How does the network survive?
It would be very interesting to see how CNN is funded. At 640 thousand viewers they are getting into the range of C-SPAN. Think about it, that's an average of around 12000 viewers per state and does that include airport viewers?

CNN is funded exactly the same way any commercial broadcast outlet if funded --- by running commercials. THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR. How can you possibly sit in front of a TV and not notice endless ads for drugs and oversize pickup trucks and ambulance chaser lawyers and fast foods? Commercial broadcasting has been funded this way since literally 1922.

And as already laid out over and over and over and over in this thread, that's what ratings are for --- to count they eyeballs (or in radio the ears) that an advertiser can reach, to analyze who's behind those eyeballs, and thereby determine what that 30 seconds is worth. Obviously the more eyes or ears you reach, the more you can charge for the same amount of time. That's all it is.

Ratings are of interest to advertising, those buying it and those selling it. They have no function for anything else. As also laid out in this thread over and over and over and over, they cannot measure "approval" or "hate" or "veracity" or any other value judgment. They measure ATTENTION, period. The raw cold number of "how many", irrespective of how they got there. In fact if ratings actually were dependent on veracity as some wags seem to suggest here, it would be impossible to sell soap opera, fake wrestling or naked people on an island forced to eat bugs. Couldn't happen.

CNN is funded exactly the same way any commercial broadcast outlet if funded --- by running commercials. THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR. How can you possibly sit in front of a TV and not notice endless ads for drugs and oversize pickup trucks and ambulance chaser lawyers and fast foods? Commercial broadcasting has been funded this way since literally 1922.

And as already laid out over and over and over and over in this thread, that's what ratings are for --- to count they eyeballs (or in radio the ears) that an advertiser can reach, to analyze who's behind those eyeballs, and thereby determine what that 30 seconds is worth. Obviously the more eyes or ears you reach, the more you can charge for the same amount of time. That's all it is.

Ratings are of interest to advertising, those buying it and those selling it. They have no function for anything else. As also laid out in this thread over and over and over and over, they cannot measure "approval" or "hate" or "veracity" or any other value judgment. They measure ATTENTION, period. The raw cold number of "how many", irrespective of how they got there. In fact if ratings actually were dependent on veracity as some wags seem to suggest here, it would be impossible to sell soap opera, fake wrestling or naked people on an island forced to eat bugs. Couldn't happen.

You can click a "funny" on this point all you like. What you can't do is refute it.

And commercial pricing is based on viewers...

DUH! Why else do you think Superbowl ads are so expensive!

Moron.

rs.

CNN needs to do a "face turn", and go overnight from opposing President Trump to honoring the man.

That's really their hope to return to relevancy in this competitive business.

Tell Lemon and Fredo to either start giving the President the kind of coverage he deserves, or to hit the road. I guess Fredo might quit and get a job with his brother in Albany, but what else can Lemon do? I'm sure he would do a 180 over night.

Moron.

You just confirmed and amplified what I laid out with a sterling example, and then signed it "Moron".
You're too hard on yourself; you have it right.

rs.

CNN needs to do a "face turn", and go overnight from opposing President Trump to honoring the man.

That's really their hope to return to relevancy in this competitive business.

Tell Lemon and Fredo to either start giving the President the kind of coverage he deserves, or to hit the road. I guess Fredo might quit and get a job with his brother in Albany, but what else can Lemon do? I'm sure he would do a 180 over night.

Don Lemon?

He could team up with Saul McArtly and write songs.

Moron.

You just confirmed what I laid out with a sterling example, and then signed it "Moron".
You're too hard on yourself; you got it right.

Sure thing moron. You're the one claiming that ratings don't matter.

All you have done is confirm you are a long winded......moron.

rs.

And that matters why?
CNN has been around for 39 years and they still suck.

rs.

And that matters why?
CNN has been around for 39 years and they still suck.

Actually your opinion (or mine) matters not a whit. I read a fake definition of what ratings mean, and I corrected it.
And there's fuck-all any of you can do about that. Y'all wallow around in this dream world of mythology all you want but if you try to hang it up here as some kind of reality, it's gonna get blown up into tiny little pieces, as all bullshit deserves.

Forum List

Back