Cnn: Petraeus to testify he knew libya was terrorism 'almost immediately'

CNN: PETRAEUS TO TESTIFY HE KNEW LIBYA WAS TERRORISM 'ALMOST IMMEDIATELY'
Breitbart ^
CNN: Petraeus To Testify He Knew Libya Was Terrorism 'Almost Immediately'

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING KNEW AND OBAMA SENT RICE OUT TO LIE to the world. CRAPPING ON OUR FIRST AMENDMENT.

Wow, that's rocket science!!! An attack on our Consulate, Embassy, and personnel, ARE act of terrorism. The Administration just didn't initially provide the correct reason for those terrorist attacks. What I see and hear are a bunch of right wing assholes using this tragedy as a political football and attack. Who cares if they attacked us because of some stupid movie or because of political reasons. The fact is, that they attacked us and we need to bring those attackers to justice.

The Syrian attacks on Israel....that's because of the video too, amiright?

I don't know if you are right or wrong. What specific attacks are you referring to?

Supposedly he was convinced he could keep his job despite his highers knowing he had compromised himself ala adultery etc.

I guess I'm not understanding the issue here.

Why would the white house lie about the attack being spontaneous vs planned? I don't understand what the running theory is for why they would lie.

Because it blows a hole in his FP stances ala the Arab spring, our enhanced standing in the Arab world, the whole Libyan involvement. AQ is dead along Osama etc etc , plus something else, that has not yet revealed itself, IMHO.

Oh gosh.

Talk about thin hackery.

You almost gotta laugh about Hussein's claim that his administration would be "the most open in history". True to form the administration uses Holder's "justice dept" to dig up blackmail dirt on the Military in order to coerce them into complying with criminal activity.

Supposedly he was convinced he could keep his job despite his highers knowing he had compromised himself ala adultery etc.

Why would the white house lie about the attack being spontaneous vs planned? I don't understand what the running theory is for why they would lie.

Because it blows a hole in his FP stances ala the Arab spring, our enhanced standing in the Arab world, the whole Libyan involvement. AQ is dead along Osama etc etc , plus something else, that has not yet revealed itself, IMHO.

I suppose that's possible.

I just find it a bit of a stretch. He could have scored more political points by coming out and stating it was a terrorist attack. If he lied for any of those reasons, he's more foolish than I thought.

What were their "political purposes" for lying?

Osama is dead! Was the meme repeated by Obama.
War on terror is over!
Benghazi contradicts that!

Osama is dead.

And Obama NEVER said that our problems with terrorism were at an end.

In fact, after Osama was done, the drone attacks continued. And Gaddafi was offed (another terrorist)

And you folks criticize almost each and every victory...and conflate every set back.

Where were you peeps during Iraq?

Oh yeah..

"Stay the course".

:lol:

If he testifies that he knew it was terrorism does that mean he will then say he told the white house it was terrorism?

What would be the big deal if they stated that; "Initial reports stated that the reason for the attack was that movie, but upon further investigation we found that it was an orchestrated attack against Our assets on the ground."?

I don't think that their reason for the attack is the important issue. I think that their response or lack thereof should be investigated. To have the Ambassador and staff in a country that just finished having a bloody civil war, is a high risk assignment..................

Good point, so where the heck is Hillary?

Hillary Clinton and Leon Panneta are both conveniently out of country right now. But there are e-mails to Hillary Clinton notifying her that they had continually asked for more security--even to the point of the day before Chris Stevens had requested more security--and talked about the Al Queda operatives in the area.

So her behind is still on the burner on this one--as she too blamed it on the youtube video.

6a00d8341c60fd53ef017d3cc19285970c-800wi

They may be all dripping buckets of sweat right now about the Petraeus testimony tomorrow. We'll see.

CBS News has obtained the CIA talking points given to U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice on Sept. 15 regarding the fatal attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, four days earlier. CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan says the talking points, which were also given to members of the House intelligence committee, make no reference to terrorism being a likely factor in the assault, which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead.
CIA talking points for Susan Rice called Benghazi attack "spontaneously inspired" by protests - CBS News

All of that BS was just blown out of the water at today's hearings. It seems that the information about a terrorist attack was removed by the White House when Rice's original talking points were reviewed by the White House. It is looking like Obama himself approved the false changes to the documents.

War on terror is over!

Osama is dead.

In fact, after Osama was done, the drone attacks continued. And Gaddafi was offed (another terrorist)

And you folks criticize almost each and every victory...and conflate every set back.

Oh yeah..

"Stay the course".

You don't seem to get it--it's not necessarily what happened--it's the COVERUP after it happened.

Do a little reading on the Watergate scandal that took down a President over a simple non violent break in of a campaign office and then compare that to 4 Americans--including military security officials at this compound that continually begged for more security--were attacked on two occasions--told this administration about the Al Queda operatives in the area--were continually denied security--and finally we have dead 4 Americans--and THEN we were lied to about what happened by several top level administration officials--directly in front of a national election. We want to know why we were lied to. Who came up with this ridiculous story that it was over some remote youtube video--why was security denied--and who made that decision not to help--when they were begging for help over a 8 hour long battle. Who made those decisions and why?

Last edited:
Of course he did!! This is bigger than Watergate and if we had a legit media in this country Obama would never have been reelected!! Would never have been elected in the 1st place!

LOL! What's wrong with Foxnews, Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Savage and the rest of those jerk offs? They sure got their bogus messages out there. The fact is, that your party lost the race for POTUS because of a coalition of various groups of people voting against the people and agenda of your party.

Actually, most of the country voted for Romney.....obama "won" because people in large cities voted for him, not to mention all the Somalis being bused in...the dead people voting....the people who voted multiple times because voter ID laws were squashed by obama administration. Go look at an election map where every county is shown for the entire country......it's mostly red except for places like Chicago, Detroit, etc... So.....who was actually robbed??? The conservatives. Once again.

War on terror is over!

Osama is dead.

Oh yeah..

"Stay the course".

Broad brushes are meant for paint, not people. There are people like me out here who never voted for Bush and didn't support the invasion of Iraq, and we're just as pissed that Obama is playing the same games with the truth that Bush did.

He said he'd do better.

He lied.

Why do YOU think they lied about it for 2 weeks?

IMO, the white house was out of the loop. Im certain intelligence officials knew( at least sooner than 2 weeks later) but somewhere along the way there was a serious break down in communication.

Not according to the congressmen who were at the hearings today. They said that there was testimony that the intelligence services knew that it was terrorists attacking and that their reports were changed after they were presented to the White House.

Why do YOU think they lied about it for 2 weeks?

IMO, the white house was out of the loop. Im certain intelligence officials knew( at least sooner than 2 weeks later) but somewhere along the way there was a serious break down in communication.

Not according to the congressmen who were at the hearings today. They said that there was testimony that the intelligence services knew that it was terrorists attacking and that their reports were changed after they were presented to the White House.

It just, doesn't make sense to me. It's such a stupid thing to lie about, and its obvious that it would come out fairly soon.

I just can't see anyone whose smart enough to work in the white house being stupid enough to think "let's boldly lie to Americans about this huge international terrorist attack, I'm sure the truth won't come out".

I admit, it's possible, but if it happened, it's one of the stupidest things I think a politician has ever been caught lying about.

Of course he did!! This is bigger than Watergate and if we had a legit media in this country Obama would never have been reelected!! Would never have been elected in the 1st place!

LOL! What's wrong with Foxnews, Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Savage and the rest of those jerk offs? They sure got their bogus messages out there. The fact is, that your party lost the race for POTUS because of a coalition of various groups of people voting against the people and agenda of your party.

Actually, most of the country voted for Romney.....obama "won" because people in large cities voted for him, not to mention all the Somalis being bused in...the dead people voting....the people who voted multiple times because voter ID laws were squashed by obama administration. Go look at an election map where every county is shown for the entire country......it's mostly red except for places like Chicago, Detroit, etc... So.....who was actually robbed??? The conservatives. Once again.

How mamy times do you conservatives have to be reminded that land doesn't vote? Why should people in densely populated cities be punished because there are more of them than people in other parts of a state? I'm sure you can also provide legitimate sources for your claims of voter fraud.

No it's not.

Your so full of it, if obama said he killed those americans. You would say no he didn't. Your creditbility is gone. Go on know an ride the sinking obama boat. Lol

No..that's what you guys have been saying. That he killed those guys.

Of course you didn't say the same thing when 3000 Americans died in NYC. In fact, you didn't give a fuck.

You guys just wanted to stomp on some ass in another country..and you were looking for a reason to do it.

So please..don't tell me about credibility after almost a decade of monumental fuck ups that cost hundreds of thousands of lives world wide.
Yes- swallow I remember exactly what I was doing on 9/11/01. I also remember liberals were patriotic for about a week after. Then you went back to hating america again. I also remember we didn't get attacked after that one. I also see how all of obama's problems are still bushes fault after 4 years, but 911 had nothing to do with clinton, just after 9 montths. Yeah your not bias. Lol heck you didn't blink your eye over 4 americans dying and your master lying about it.

CNN: PETRAEUS TO TESTIFY HE KNEW LIBYA WAS TERRORISM 'ALMOST IMMEDIATELY'
Breitbart ^
CNN: Petraeus To Testify He Knew Libya Was Terrorism 'Almost Immediately'

Just a few minutes ago on CNN, Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr reported that a high-placed source informed her that former CIA Chief David Petraeus will use his upcoming testimony to amend his previous testimony. According to this source, Petraeus will tell the closed door congressional hearing that he knew "almost immediately" that the September 11 anniversary attack on our Libyan consulate was a terrorist attack committed by the al-Qaeda-linked militia Ansar Al Sharia.

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING KNEW AND OBAMA SENT RICE OUT TO LIE to the world. CRAPPING ON OUR FIRST AMENDMENT.

There is no excuse for anyone in the administration not knowing. The 9/11 attack on Benghazi was just the latest in a string of attacks in the area over a six month period. There were more than a dozen threats and 4 attacks. I would hope after all that time, there was good intel. The 9/11 attack was predicatable. The consulate had already been attacked before and a large hole blown in the surrounding wall, likely in preparation for further attacks.

I am weary of some in the administration acting like the 9/11 attack on the consulate was a surprise in light of what was going on in the region. The repeated requests for more security was also a giant clue, so they can quit pretending we were blindsided. The writing was on the wall in huge letters.

Now, after more than two months after the last attack, they are still acting like they know little. Even if we didn't know who the attackers were, there is still no excuse for not allowing those on the ground to defend themselves. The marine gave his position away when he painted the target for the drones flying overhead. It cost him his life. It's clear he and the others expected assistance while under attack and no satisfactory answer has been given as to why our military was told to stand down. A general was fired for attempting to disobey orders and the guy who arrested him was appointed by Obama as his replacement. The replacement general knew how to play ball with the administration. There are so many things that clearly indicate a cover up.

If Petraeus says anything other than it was known to be a terrorist attack, he'll be as big of a liar as the rest of them.

The decision to tell our military to stand down in the face of an expected terrorist attack is chilling. Why didn't Obama want to stop them? Is it because he didn't want to offend the radical Muslims or is it because he didn't want to admit that al Qaeda is still alive and well? Either way, politics got in the way of people doing the right thing and a lot of people need to answer for this, starting with Obama.

I suppose that's possible.

I just find it a bit of a stretch. He could have scored more political points by coming out and stating it was a terrorist attack. If he lied for any of those reasons, he's more foolish than I thought.

Agreed--but he didn't. Yesterday during Obama's press conference he actually admitted that 'he' sent out Susan Rice to 5 different talk shows to talk about this remote--unknown utube video has being the source for 4 dead Americans. She did this 4 days after the attack. Now we have the assistant CIA chief stating they knew it was a terrorist attack within two hours. Obama then admits she had nothing to do with Bengazi. She didn't--she worked at the UN but he sent her out there anyway--and then has the audacity to complain about someone attacking her credibility when all testimony from others to-date states the exact opposite of what she was saying on those 5 talk shows.

BENGHAZI+COVER+UP+1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back