CNN: Pelosi Process "Beyond Sleazy"

Hey, at least the botox bitch will be living up to the transparency thing. It's very clear to see if she does this it's because she can't get enough clowns in her own party to vote in favor.

To do it right though they ought to pass around some of that Jim Jones Kool-Aid afterwards.

Truth And Reconciliation | The New Republic

"Whether reducing or increasing deficits, many of the reconciliation bills made major changes in policy. Health insurance portability (COBRA), nursing home standards, expanded Medicaid eligibility, increases in the earned income tax credit, welfare reform, the state Children’s Health Insurance Program, major tax cuts and student aid reform were all enacted under reconciliation procedures. Health reform 2009 style would be the most ambitious use of reconciliation but it fits a pattern used over three decades by both parties to avoid the strictures of Senate filibusters."

Last edited:
FAIL - you are talking of reconcilation here - not Deem and Pass.

Second, nothing in that link comes close to showing anything remotely comparable in size and scope to the healthcare bill having been previously passed via reconciliation- - to say nothing of deem and pass.

Move along now pard...
____

"Whether reducing or increasing deficits, many of the reconciliation bills made major changes in policy. Health insurance portability (COBRA), nursing home standards, expanded Medicaid eligibility, increases in the earned income tax credit, welfare reform, the state Children’s Health Insurance Program, major tax cuts and student aid reform were all enacted under reconciliation procedures. Health reform 2009 style would be the most ambitious use of reconciliation but it fits a pattern used over three decades by both parties to avoid the strictures of Senate filibusters."

Nice try but you have not shown a single Bill that was "DEEMED PASSED WITHOUT A VOTE."

and notice the fact that the Republicans controlled the Congress for only 8 of those reconciliations....

LOOKS LIKE THE DEMOCRATS ARE FUCKING LIARS AS WELL!!!!! WHO WOULD OF GUESSED THAT!!!!???

Well said.

Nice try but you have not shown a single Bill that was "DEEMED PASSED WITHOUT A VOTE."

and notice the fact that the Republicans controlled the Congress for only 8 of those reconciliations....

LOOKS LIKE THE DEMOCRATS ARE FUCKING LIARS AS WELL!!!!! WHO WOULD OF GUESSED THAT!!!!???

You partisans need to wipe the spittle from your lips. :eusa_hand: I was just posting an interesting article about the use of reconciliation and how it has affected policy on both sides of the fence. I wasn't trying to make anyone's argument for them. Carry on pards. :rolleyes:

You partisans need to wipe the spittle from your lips. :eusa_hand: I was just posting an interesting article about the use of reconciliation and how it has affected policy on both sides of the fence. I wasn't trying to make anyone's argument for them. Carry on pards. :rolleyes:

Actually what you did was shoot down the DNC talking point that the Republicans used reconciliation more than the Democrats.....thank you.

Indeed - and notice how quickly he is now attempting to step away from his stupidity in posting that link which has nothing to do with Pelosi's plan to Deem and Pass...

Actually what you did was shoot down the DNC talking point that the Republicans used reconciliation more than the Democrats.....thank you.

Indeed - and notice how quickly he is now attempting to step away from his stupidity in posting that link which has nothing to do with Pelosi's plan to Deem and Pass...

Are you fucking stoopid? I'm a conservative libertarian. Where in this thread have I supported health care reform, reconciliation, Pelosi or Deem and Pass. I posted an informational article for everyone to look at that gave historical context to how reconciliation was used in the past. A simple thank you would have sufficed instead of your "talk radio" kool aid bullshit. You can go stick your head back up Hannity's ass now. Moron!

Ever get the feeling Nancy is entirely tone deaf to what is happening around her?

In her world anything goes.

She is an abomonation.

Among the most dangerous and ill informed members of an alarmingly inept and ill informed Congress...

I wonder if the Democrats are playing a game of slight of hand with this talk of "deeming a bill has passed". Everybody knows this is bullshit and even Pelosi does too. It's unconstitutional and all the democrats know it. Is this really a distraction for the public while they're up to something else? Look what happened today with Dennis Kucinich announcing he will vote for the health care bill. This talk of "deeming" was just a way to get us talking about them doing something unconstitutional so that we don't bother contacting our CongressAssholes anymore.

I don't know who this John Cafferty is, but when CNN appears to be against the liberal democrat agenda, something's up folks.

AG, it's completely constitutional and legal...that's what makes it even worse. It CAN happen and there's not much that can be done to stop it. They DO however have to vote to allow the process to be used. So, that vote would technically be the vote to pass the bill. If the process is allowed, then those who voted in favor of using the DEEM AND PASS process are the culprits. They know this...so, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Regardless, the phone calls SHOULD continue as a reminder to them that we're not gonna take this lying down and we know who controls the polls. Life after healthcare for the democrats depends on how they vote.

I've called already this morning.
Doesn't Article 1, Section 7 or whateer says the legislative branch must pass the bill before it is sent to the president to sign into law? The House will not be voting for the bill that will be signed by the Kenyan; that's the whole point.

Dont bother them with facts they think the Rs can do anything and that the Dems are are not allowed to do the half of what the Rs do.

We are speaking of Deem and Pass - not reconciliation.

Try to keep up pard...

Dont bother them with facts they think the Rs can do anything and that the Dems are are not allowed to do the half of what the Rs do.

Forum List

Back