CNN Opinion Guy Recommends Democrats agree to Debt Ceiling Deal . . . then Renege on it Later

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

He seems to praise the agreement as an acceptable compromise and then in the next to the last paragraph says:

But to all my fellow Democrats unhappy with this compromise, there is an easy fix: Win back control of the House in 2024 — while retaining the Senate and White House — and they can roll back any parts of the deal they find objectionable.

Sad thing is, I doubt it occurred to him that this might be wrong in any way.

Another poster mentioned this but it bears repeating. Apparently the new increase will specify two years, not a dollar amount. That will come back to haunt us. Dems and Reps will use those two years to pass massive spending, that will dwarf even the massive spending we have seen thus far.

After the Demos stole the election, or Trump tried to steal the election, whichever, it has to become a fair game policy of 'no holds barred' in America now.

After the Demos stole the election, or Trump tried to steal the election, whichever, it has to become a fair game policy of 'no holds barred' in America now.
Thing is Don, you and your ilk to the north of us have bellied up to your authoritarian leadership. Damn funny
Good little minions, you are :laughing0301:

He seems to praise the agreement as an acceptable compromise and then in the next to the last paragraph says:

But to all my fellow Democrats unhappy with this compromise, there is an easy fix: Win back control of the House in 2024 — while retaining the Senate and White House — and they can roll back any parts of the deal they find objectionable.

Sad thing is, I doubt it occurred to him that this might be wrong in any way.

Another poster mentioned this but it bears repeating. Apparently the new increase will specify two years, not a dollar amount. That will come back to haunt us. Dems and Reps will use those two years to pass massive spending, that will dwarf even the massive spending we have seen thus far.
How very Canadian of CNN. Ones word and character means nothing.

Last edited:
Thing is Don, you and your ilk to the north of us have bellied up to your authoritarian leadership. Damn funny
Good little minions, you are :laughing0301:
We've bellied up to government leadership but I would say it's not authoritarian.

Canadians and Americans seem to have widely divergent views on what freedom means. My government upholds my freedom, while an American's perception is that government curtails their freedoms. Respectively, I think we're both right.

There's so much more to say but I'll wait for you to display an interest in learning how much Canada differs ...................

How very Canadian of them. Ones word and character means nothing.
Is it possible that Canada could stray from the Nato fold.

Chretien certainly did and Trudeau is made of the same cloth.

And in both instances the straying would/will turn out to be safe IMO.

Of course not. Canada would never willingky leave NATO. They are pressured to step up though, that's another subject.

Ya leave and depend on free defense from the US cause we have to protect our northern Border, but guess what. we dont have to intervene in any squabbles you create around the world

We've bellied up to government leadership but I would say it's not authoritarian.

Canadians and Americans seem to have widely divergent views on what freedom means. My government upholds my freedom, while an American's perception is that government curtails their freedoms. Respectively, I think we're both right.

There's so much more to say but I'll wait for you to display an interest in learning how much Canada differs ...................
The truckers may disagree with you. :eusa_whistle:

I'm sure the ditch diggers and the garbage collectors will disagree too.

I'm in with the sarcastic sniping too!

I did offer a polite and rational discussion with you first.
Nothing polite about your postings :rolleyes-41: Your country is in worse shape than ours with Trudeau.
You may not think he's authoritarian, but you probably are just too compliant to understand.
Have your bank accounts frozen by your PM and get back to us, okay?

How very Canadian of CNN. Ones word and character means nothing.
Oh, Republicans are going to pretend to care about morals and ethics now?
4i6Ckte.gif

Forum List

Back