CNN is so full of sh*t.... can it get any worse?

Money talks....

The NRA was Trump's largest backer that he had in his campaign....

BUT if anyone can stand up to the gun manufacturer lobby, and not be afraid of them running a primary candidate against him and not be afraid of losing his followers..... it is President Trump....

I think he is more equipped than any other President, to be able to get something done on this.

Oh blah blah blah blah.

The NRA does not support shooting high schoolers.
sure...

What kind of a plan is any President Republican or Democrat supposed to come up with to stop evil people from doing evil things? I really wish there was some magic plan that could stop people from doing this type of stuff but there isn’t.
We already have a background check system, but they cut it off at the kneecaps.
Cant reasonably expect them to take any action when they're all bought and paid for by the NRA.
h9nrr1ghddg01.jpg

A coworker here was watching the President's address via CNN.
Immediately following CNN - "really, the President giving his condolences, it doesn't sound like he has a plan to prevent these things from happening".

REALLY??????....it's been what, 21 hours and he is supposed to come up with a magical plan to prevent this from happening again????
These people are so freaking biased and dumb.
So the problem with mass shootings started 21 hours ago? It's not a new problem. Neither is this shooting the deadliest since he took office. So please, can you explain to me, why is it biased to mention POTUS doesn't have a plan?

really? that is your point?
What plan did Obama have?
What plan did Bush have?
What plan could any President have?
Please state a plan that a President could put in place that would guarantee this never happen again.

As usual the media goes straight to the political hot buttons instead of any depth of discussion as to what is different in the past 10-15 years that this repeatedly happens. What conditions have changed that opens the door to psychopaths to carry out their fantasies?

The only PLAN decent people can have against EVIL people is to do battle with them. We're never going to prevent evil-sick people from doing violence in a free society (and totalitarian societies do the violence themselves, so let's not go there). What we should not do is to use the actions of freaks as a justification to control law-abiding decent folks.
A society has a right to use laws to protect it's people. Are you against a law that forces you to wear a seatbelt. Are you against laws forbidding drinking and driving. Numerous laws are designed to put restrictions on what people can do. Simply because it saves lives.This is perfectly valid.

Reading comprehension challenged much?

I said "use the actions of freaks" to control law-abiding people.

Your strawmen are burning.

I'll also note that the very best incentive to wear a seatbelt is a better car insurance rate for pledging to do so. When I bought my first car, the insurance company had such a program. It was cancelled when not wearing seat belts was made into a random tax for state and local governments.

The REAL questions of the day.....

There were many-many warning signs about this kid. Including numerous online photos of himself with knives and guns, he apparently bragged about wanting to kill people, students in that school have said "we predicted this, we said so and yet here we are".

He was reported to the FBI.... silence.
He was reported to local law enforcement........silence.
He apparently received mental health treatment for anger issues.....
He was expelled for violence in the school.
When he was a student, the school singled this kid out saying he could not carry any bags etc. to school.....now...WTF????

Yet. Here we are.
And you bet, you have to answer the question...with all of this, how did he buy an assault rifle.
so are you for a mental exam requirement or banning for those seeking mental health care?

Are you for extensive back ground checks and paying for them?

There were many-many warning signs about this kid. Including numerous online photos of himself with knives and guns, he apparently bragged about wanting to kill people, students in that school have said "we predicted this, we said so and yet here we are".

When he was a student, the school singled this kid out saying he could not carry any bags etc. to school.....now...WTF????

Yet. Here we are.
And you bet, you have to answer the question...with all of this, how did he buy an assault rifle.

What had he done against the law to remove his 2nd amendment right? Should we take away the 2nd amendment rights of everyone expelled from school? Should we take away the 2nd amendment rights of everyone that talks shit on the internet?

There were a lot of signs, but were there any real actions that would merit taking away his 2nd amendment rights, or should we do that just based on signs?

Immediately following CNN - "really, the President giving his condolences, it doesn't sound like he has a plan to prevent these things from happening".

REALLY??????....it's been what, 21 hours and he is supposed to come up with a magical plan to prevent this from happening again????

Ban something.

CNN is the enemy of America....and freedom....
What can the president do about this, exactly?
They want a massive disarming of the American people. The democrats can't move forward with white genocide if the people are armed.

Just automatic and even semi automatics. If you need a semi automatic for hunting spend time at the rifle range.

Need a semi auto because I want one. Deal with it.

Obama had 8 years to prevent this from happening, did CNN mention that?

And he did shit about it.

Just like Trump will.

Just like Bush II did.

Nobody is going to do shit about it because nobody really cares anymore.

This story will be out of the news cycle by the weekend.

We as a society have just accepted that this is part of the price for freedom.

Why does everybody keep looking at DC to do something? That problem isn't guns, it's the moral decay of American society. Until people want to address that there's no point in having these discussions.

Just like Trump will.

Just like Bush II did.

Why does everybody keep looking at DC to do something? That problem isn't guns, it's the moral decay of American society. Until people want to address that there's no point in having these discussions.

And this too.

Just like Trump will.

Just like Bush II did.

Trust me, the last place I look to is DC to do anything.

So how long do you think it will be before Trump has a plan to address this issue?

How long will it be before obummer, your hero, has a plan?

Yet. Here we are.
so are you for a mental exam requirement or banning for those seeking mental health care?

Areas of the country that have the highest murder rates are areas that have some of the toughest gun laws.
Just sayin.
It is much deeper than this.

Though it's certainly not my place, I can't help but feel embarresed for them.

So the problem with mass shootings started 21 hours ago? It's not a new problem. Neither is this shooting the deadliest since he took office. So please, can you explain to me, why is it biased to mention POTUS doesn't have a plan?

What plan did Bush have?
Please state a plan that a President could put in place that would guarantee this never happen again.

As usual the media goes straight to the political hot buttons instead of any depth of discussion as to what is different in the past 10-15 years that this repeatedly happens. What conditions have changed that opens the door to psychopaths to carry out their fantasies?

The only PLAN decent people can have against EVIL people is to do battle with them. We're never going to prevent evil-sick people from doing violence in a free society (and totalitarian societies do the violence themselves, so let's not go there). What we should not do is to use the actions of freaks as a justification to control law-abiding decent folks.
A society has a right to use laws to protect it's people. Are you against a law that forces you to wear a seatbelt. Are you against laws forbidding drinking and driving. Numerous laws are designed to put restrictions on what people can do. Simply because it saves lives.This is perfectly valid.

I'll also note that the very best incentive to wear a seatbelt is a better car insurance rate for pledging to do so. When I bought my first car, the insurance company had such a program. It was cancelled when not wearing seat belts was made into a random tax for state and local governments.
There are people who can drink and stop in time to be able to drive responsible. There are people who never get into an accident.So no it's not a strawman.It's the illustration that laws are often used to protect it's citizens. In so doing it restricts the actions of it's citizenry. There are probably people who would be able to own an fully armed Abrams tank and not do anything untoward with it, I suspect you wouldn't applaud making doing so legal. If so you are also for restrictions.

Last edited:

Yet. Here we are.

Are you still stuck on mental exams? Lol.

Yet. Here we are.

What had he done against the law to remove his 2nd amendment right? Should we take away the 2nd amendment rights of everyone expelled from school? Should we take away the 2nd amendment rights of everyone that talks shit on the internet?

There were a lot of signs, but were there any real actions that would merit taking away his 2nd amendment rights, or should we do that just based on signs?
Exactly if you have a rough day at work and go home and rant about it on Facebook does that make you dangerous? If you buy a gun and post a pic of it on social media should you be put under surveillance for that? Pretty much all of us get angry and frustrated with people and things very few actually go on a rampage over it though.

What plan did Bush have?

There are people who can drink and stop in time to be able to drive responsible. There are people who never get into an accident.So no it's not a strawman.It's the illustration that laws are often used to protect it's citizens. In so doing it restricts the actions of it's citizenry. There are probably people who would be able to own an Abrams tank and not do anything untoward with it, I suspect you wouldn't applaud making doing so legal. If so you are also for restrictions.
Tanks are legal to own

Forum List

Back