CNN: audit of 700 VA facilities tens of thousands waiting to be scheduled

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Washington (CNN) -- An audit of hundreds of Veterans Affairs facilities released Monday found that more than 63,000 veterans were waiting to be scheduled for care nationwide, and the Department of Veterans Affairs announced it was scrapping performance bonuses for all senior management in 2014 as part of its response to the review.

Reasons for the chronic problems include the increasing number of veterans returning from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a bonus system that rewarded managers for meeting treatment goals.

So this issue is not isolated and some have been waiting for years and can't get in.

And.......since you posted it here first.......you demonstrate your outrage. Let me ask you......am I allowed to be outraged too? Or...would that blow a hole in your bullshit politicizing of this issue?

And.......since you posted it here first.......you demonstrate your outrage. Let me ask you......am I allowed to be outraged too? Or...would that blow a hole in your bullshit politicizing of this issue?

Good your outraged. The more the better to get something done.

More:

VA Audit Finds 100,000 Veterans Waiting for Health Care

According to the audit, schedulers at 90 clinics “provided responses indicating they had altered desired dates that had been entered.” It also found that “in virtually all cases, they indicated they were instructed by supervisors, but many believed the policy of altering dates was coming from facility leadership.”

In a statement, VA Acting Secretary Sloan Gibson said today the audit “shows the extent of the systemic problems we face, problems that demand immediate actions.”

“It is our duty and our privilege to provide Veterans the care they have earned through their service and sacrifice,” said Gibson. “As the President has said, as Secretary Shinseki said, and as I stated plainly last week, we must work together to fix the unacceptable, systemic problems in accessing VA healthcare.”

The VA has contacted 50,000 veterans nationwide to get them off of wait lists and into clinics,

VA Audit Finds 100,000 Veterans Waiting for Health Care - ABC News

WHEW!!! What a mess! The government run VA is overrun with patients, and not enough doctors and facilities!

Thank goodness we have NOT, repeat, NOT had any political movement that has advocated for big wars.......and then pushed for smaller government and less government spending and funding!!!!

That would suck, right!

Imagine how many doctors The VA could have if the regime just drafted America's bumper crop of Underwater Basket Weaving degree candidates and frog-marched them to medical school. Entirely, of course, government paid with housing, Obamaphones and unlimited food stamps.

But....if you were a veteran....would you really want to be seen by one?

CaféAuLait;9236369 said:

Everyone is outraged.

Great, then why ask me if you can be outraged? You can pretend that if this were under a different administration it would not be highlighted, but you and I both know you would be wrong.

And let me tell you why its even more infuriating. This was known from IG reports in 2012. That would be the allegations of death in the Phoenix office. That same director of the Phoenix office was moved many times, prior to arriving in Phoenix with allegations of misconduct at four different facilities. She was moved like Catholic Priests to new hospitals to hide her ineptness. Or was she moved to ensure each clinic was taught how to lie about appointments as she was found to be lying in WA state about suicide numbers.

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-14-02603-178.pdf

Nothing was done.

WHEW!!! What a mess! The government run VA is overrun with patients, and not enough doctors and facilities!

Thank goodness we have NOT, repeat, NOT had any political movement that has advocated for big wars.......and then pushed for smaller government and less government spending and funding!!!!

That would suck, right!

I'm sorry ,who voted for the wars and then tell me who was it that ramped up the war in Afghanistan? More Vets were killed and injured under Obama than Bush for that war.

Obama's War: How Afghan Conflict Has Ramped Up In Last Two Years

Obama's War: How Afghan Conflict Has Ramped Up In Last Two Years

73% of casualties were under this administration.

You can sit here and try to blame one party or the other, it was a Bipartisan vote which got us here. Not something pushed through congress with maneuvering, backroom deals, etc.

That would suck, right!
Your guy before he was president promised to fix it, instead he destroyed our heath system, made our economy worse, got free birth control, and gay marriage. Liberal priorities are well known. Oh, and don't blame republicans, because for Obama's first two years he had full reign.

That would suck, right!
Your guy before he was president promised to fix it, instead he destroyed our heath system, made our economy worse, got free birth control, and gay marriage. Liberal priorities are well known. Oh, and don't blame republicans, because for Obama's first two years he had full reign.

Those are His bright spots.

Now tell us about the downside.....

That would suck, right!

Oh freaking bite me :lol: Get up to speed.

They have run budget surpluses for 5 years. The scandal isn't about funding. It is about VA management committing fraud for bonuses and promotions.

That would suck, right!

Those are His bright spots.

Now tell us about the downside.....

I would, but I don't have all night.

Time to do as you promised boys, and pay up. The cannon fodder that made it home deserves it right?

Oh they have been paying up. You can file this under what I learned on the internet today from a conservative.

Nickel and diming Vets to death but giving themselves bonuses should earn people jail freaking time.

The Obama administration’s Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) expects to have more money for medical care than it can spend for the fifth fiscal year in a row, The Daily Caller has learned.

VA expects to carry over $450 million in medical-care funding from fiscal year 2014 to fiscal year 2015. VA received its full requested medical care appropriation of $54.6 billion this fiscal year, which is more than $10 billion more than it received four years ago.

This is part of an ongoing trend.

VA carried over $1.449 billion in medical-care funding from fiscal year 2010 to 2011, $1.163 billion from fiscal year 2011 to fiscal year 2012, $637 million from fiscal year 2012 to 2013, and $543 million from fiscal year 2013 to 2014.

VA Nickel and Dimed Vets to Death While Running a Surplus for 5 Years | FrontPage Magazine[/QUOTE][/B]

CaféAuLait;9235185 said:
Washington (CNN) -- An audit of hundreds of Veterans Affairs facilities released Monday found that more than 63,000 veterans were waiting to be scheduled for care nationwide, and the Department of Veterans Affairs announced it was scrapping performance bonuses for all senior management in 2014 as part of its response to the review.

Good, that comes out to about 90 patients per VA.

Let's get them scheduled.

CaféAuLait;9236441 said:
CaféAuLait;9236369 said:

Everyone is outraged.

Great, then why ask me if you can be outraged? You can pretend that if this were under a different administration it would not be highlighted, but you and I both know you would be wrong.

And let me tell you why its even more infuriating. This was known from IG reports in 2012. That would be the allegations of death in the Phoenix office. That same director of the Phoenix office was moved many times, prior to arriving in Phoenix with allegations of misconduct at four different facilities. She was moved like Catholic Priests to new hospitals to hide her ineptness. Or was she moved to ensure each clinic was taught how to lie about appointments as she was found to be lying in WA state about suicide numbers.

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-14-02603-178.pdf

Nothing was done.

I asked because nutters often jump on an issue......politicize it....make it about something other than the actual issue....and then assume ownership of the outrage. In doing so, you make it so someone who is genuinely outraged....but not for the same political reasons as you.....has to wade through your bullshit before getting to the solution.

Get it?

I am outraged by this. I am not aiming my outrage at the president. I am not using my outrage to further an agenda. I just want the problem solved.

Is that what you want?

Be honest.

Forum List

Back