Closed Border Causing True Hardships for the People of Gaza

Well... it would seem that Jose, for one, is.

Are you under the delusion that he's the only one who thinks this way, or are you ready to face that some people ALWAYS blame Israel?

I've never claimed that there aren't some people who ALWAYS blame Israel, just as there are some people who ALWAYS exonerate Israel.:cool:

I don't know anyone who always exonerates Israel. :confused:

OMG-----you are funny funny funny. :lmao: Hang around a bit and listen to the super Zionists.

I don't know anyone who always exonerates Israel. :confused:

Think about what is posted here :)

No. The problem is that when one sides gives a bit, then the other side goes in for the kill and discussion is over.

That's why there's such a demarcation. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think that is it at all.

The problem is that, with some people, there can be no common ground.

There are some people who think that Israel should not exist at all. What would be the point of conceding an error on Israel's part to a person like that? Such a gesture would not have the effect of bringing two sides closer to a mid-point where a compromise could result. Rather, it would only add fuel to the fire of those who seek to eliminate Israel in its entirety.

No. The problem is that when one sides gives a bit, then the other side goes in for the kill and discussion is over.

There are some people who think that Israel should not exist at all. What would be the point of conceding an error on Israel's part to a person like that? Such a gesture would not have the effect of bringing two sides closer to a mid-point where a compromise could result. Rather, it would only add fuel to the fire of those who seek to eliminate Israel in its entirety.

This is a discussion forum. You're overdecorating (drama) the issue as it pertains to discussion forums. You're not the only one.

Those who seek to destroy Israel from a discussion forum are not a worry of mine.

:)

This is a discussion forum. You're overdecorating (drama) the issue as it pertains to discussion forums. You're not the only one.

Those who seek to destroy Israel from a discussion forum are not a worry of mine.

I don't worry about those types either. But I will give voice to the truth to drown out their lies.

I don't worry about those types either. But I will give voice to the truth to drown out their lies.

Nod

And the truth is also out there.

If you show it and others deny it, then they are denying the truth and that part of the discussion is over.

I mean the truth will so often be harder to find than diatribe/Wikipedia, extremist sites and doctrines but it's out there.

Those who deny the truth because of the messenger of the truth are lost to their cause.

I stick to the message. Here.

In the flame zone less. In the Badlands? Even less.

However - that's all we can judge you on and, for that manner what you can judge others on here.

I don't really care what your judgment of me is, though. I post facts and opinions based upon those facts. How people react is up to them.

So you are here to support the Pro-Israeli/anti-Palestinian propaganda machine then?:eusa_eh:

Yes and no. In the purest sense and most basic definition of the word, I suppose my posts could be called "propaganda." However, the term has taken on a pejorative meaning, and is understood to be the promotion of a viewpoint through lies, distortions and half-truths. In this respect, I do not engage in propaganda, though I do combat it.

I think your inability to admit when Israel is wrong is in itself promoting distortions and propoganda.

Yet you are quick to label others, no? :dunno:

Well, in some cases, the labels are self-evident. People who use terms like "Nazi," "Apartheid," "racist," or "ethinic cleansing" in reference to Israel, Zionists and Jews in general are pretty easy to "label."

I disagree. You label when convenient to your own bias. For example, there are pro-Israeli's on this site who use the Nazi slurs against Palestinians, Muslims, and their supporters as well as "anti-semite". Sometimes the comparisons can be accurate when somone supplies content - other times it just shows an abysmal ignorance of real history (such as Nazi comparisons).

I think with most people there can be some sort of common ground - but the tone of a discussion often forces people into an extreme position from which it is difficult to back down and they find themselves in a "your either with us or against us" scenario as the wagons circle and each sides pack joins in to attack rather than discuss.

A discussion needn't be war and neither Israel nor the Palestinians will crumble away because of anything said here.

I think your inability to admit when Israel is wrong is in itself promoting distortions and propoganda.

I am not unable to admit when Israel is wrong? Have you actually read anything I wrote in this thread?

I disagree. You label when convenient to your own bias. For example, there are pro-Israeli's on this site who use the Nazi slurs against Palestinians, Muslims, and their supporters as well as "anti-semite".

Well, that was a pretty big non sequitur. First you say that I label when convenient to my own bias. Then, rather than providing an example of something I've done, you make a general comment about "pro-Israelis" in general.

Let's be perfectly clear here.

I have never called anyone here a Nazi. In fact, if you are going to accuse me of such a thing, you'd better be prepared to cite an example. I find it offensive to use the term "Nazi" in a haphazard manner. I have too much of a personal connection to the Holocaust to do so myself.

I have never made a slur against Muslims. Again, if you are going to accuse me of doing so, you'd best come with an example.

I have questioned the use of the term "Palestinian," as I believe it is a mere political/strategic distinction.

I have concluded that some people who post here are anti-Semites, and I have not hesitated to say so.

I think with most people there can be some sort of common ground - but the tone of a discussion often forces people into an extreme position from which it is difficult to back down and they find themselves in a "your either with us or against us" scenario as the wagons circle and each sides pack joins in to attack rather than discuss.

A discussion needn't be war and neither Israel nor the Palestinians will crumble away because of anything said here.

As you might recall, one of the first threads I posted here consisted of a list of questions regarding people's viewpoints on the conflict. I posted this because the answers revealed to me who is potentially worth talking to, and who is a completely lost cause.

While the majority of people who responded indicated that they favor the search for common ground, the extremely vocal minority here seems to feel otherwise.

Perhaps I would be better off simply ignoring the lost causes. Thankfully, many of them have already been silenced by the powers that be 'round these parts.

I am not unable to admit when Israel is wrong? Have you actually read anything I wrote in this thread?

I disagree. You label when convenient to your own bias. For example, there are pro-Israeli's on this site who use the Nazi slurs against Palestinians, Muslims, and their supporters as well as "anti-semite".

Well, that was a pretty big non sequitur. First you say that I label when convenient to my own bias. Then, rather than providing an example of something I've done, you make a general comment about "pro-Israelis" in general.

Let's be perfectly clear here.

I have never called anyone here a Nazi. In fact, if you are going to accuse me of such a thing, you'd better be prepared to cite an example. I find it offensive to use the term "Nazi" in a haphazard manner. I have too much of a personal connection to the Holocaust to do so myself.

I have never made a slur against Muslims. Again, if you are going to accuse me of doing so, you'd best come with an example.

I have questioned the use of the term "Palestinian," as I believe it is a mere political/strategic distinction.

I have concluded that some people who post here are anti-Semites, and I have not hesitated to say so.

I remember you when you first came here because you reminded me of myself and your willingness to accept both sides of the issue.

It's a tough place here because there are those who create threads that are intended to poke Jews and Muslims and there are those who come into this forum to poke Jews & Muslims.

I don't care to quantify it. But there's not much use in talking with those guys either.

They simply attack with bias/prejudice and hate and then leave until the next time.

Now and then I'll quote how clear their bias/prejudice and hate proves out to be and at this time, it's clearly more one sided since I've come back.

The baby killer stuff. The I/P stuff posted in the Politics, etc. sections. I don't read enough in this forum to say if it's the same in here, but clearly the extremist side of Sherri/George and there supporters would not stand up against that.

I stood up against JStone and Marc39.

I've not seen a return of that to PF (Spam and discussion obfuscation) or to George or to Sherri.

So, I don't come in here all that much. One side is not willing to look at their guys and stand to them and hasn't been willing since I first came here. (to my knowledge)

The only thing that is dishonest is the suggestion that the plight of the people of Gaza falls on Israel's shoulders. Despite the strong need for security-based restrictions on the types of products and materials that enter Gaza, there is a constant flow of necessary supplies from Israel into Gaza. The Arabs nonetheless will cry that Israel is causing poverty in Gaza, while their own border with the territory (through Egypt) remains closed.

". . .Despite the strong need for security-based restrictions on the types of products and materials that enter Gaza, there is a constant flow of necessary supplies from Israel into Gaza."

PT Fibmore...

I love how you enjoy turning and twisting stuff...

this is BAD, ain't it ? the: "constant flow of necessary supplies from Israel into Gaza"

Forum List

Back