Clinton loss in West Virginia signals trouble in Rust Belt

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Good news. America may be stupid enough to elect Obama twice, and hopefully, not stupid enough to elect 'Her Thighness' Clinton once.

-Geaux
================

U.S. Democratic White House candidate Hillary Clinton lost a nominating contest to Bernie Sanders in economically struggling West Virginia on Tuesday, a setback that could signal trouble for her in industrial states in the November general election.

The defeat slows Clinton's march to the nomination, but she is still heavily favored to become the Democratic candidate in the Nov. 8 election.

Still, her failure to win over voters deeply skeptical about the direction of the economy underscored the work she will need to do to court working-class voters in the Rust Belt, which includes key states such as Ohio and Pennsylvania. West Virginia has one of the highest unemployment rates in country.

Sanders, who has vowed to take his campaign all the way to the Democrats' July 25-28 convention in Philadelphia, said he is the stronger candidate to beat presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump in November.

Clinton loss in West Virginia signals trouble in Rust Belt

Another state that doesn't matter.

They were too stupid to realize coal was over and refused to learn a new trade. Now we will be providing them welfare for generations.

They were too stupid to realize coal was over and refused to learn a new trade. Now we will be providing them welfare for generations.

I don't think it will turn out that way. Coal is not over, which is why the democrat will pay in other areas of industry they are destroying

-Geaux

Well they weren't to stupid to realize Clintons back tracking apology trying to cover for her remarks were just more lies

-Geaux

More takes on WV

-Geaux
======

West Virginia is no longer Clinton country

West Virginia is shaping up to be a terrible state for Hillary Clinton.

Polling shows Bernie Sanders with a sizable lead in there, meaning its Democratic primary on Tuesday is likely to extend a presidential nominating contest Clinton had hoped to wrap up by now.

Clinton has been hurt by her March promise to put coal miners out of work with her environmental policies. She apologized for her choice of words, but they still threaten to drag down her support across coal country.
In a general election match-up against presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump — who has seized on the coal comments — Clinton will be an underdog in West Virginia, which has voted for Republican presidential candidates since 2000.

But she hasn't given up on West Virginia. She campaigned in the state this week but also offered a realistic assessment: “I know my chances are pretty difficult, to be honest,” she said at a Monday event in Williamson, W.Va.

“I’m here because I want you to know, whether people vote for me or not, whether they yell at me, or not, it’s not going to affect what I’m going to try to do to help, because I feel like that’s a moral obligation.”

West Virginia used to be Clinton country.

Hillary’s husband Bill easily won the state in both 1992 and 1996. When Hillary Clinton was on the ballot during the Democratic presidential primary in 2008, she bested then-Sen. Barack Obama by 41 percentage points in West Virginia, one of her best results of the campaign.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/278736-west-virginia-is-no-longer-clinton-country

A moral obligation she says?.

Hillary has no fuckin morals only a disgraced pervert of a husband she enables

-Geaux

Stop the presses

-Geaux
==========

A new Quinnipiac poll tells the inconvenient truth. Trump and Hillary Clinton are tied in each of the three key swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida.

The breakdown in Florida reveals how truly close the race is. As Politico puts it, Clinton has a 13-point advantage among women, 48 percent to 35 percent, while Trump’s lead among men is also 13 points, 49 percent to 36 percent. Each gets 39 percent of independent voters, while Trump wins big among whites, and Clinton wins big among nonwhites. The candidates have identical net negative approvals of minus 20 points, 37 percent to 57 percent.

With the poll showing Bernie Sanders doing better against Trump than Clinton (and Sanders winning the West Virginia primary on Tuesday), I myself am growing concerned about the “unraveling” of the Democratic Party!

Big Media’s fixation on the defections of Big-Name Republicans is the latest proof that both groups remain stubbornly disconnected from real Americans. If Trump had been dependent on the support of Mitt Romney or Sen. Lindsey Graham or assorted pundits and donors, he never would have gotten 10 million primary votes.

Modal Trigger
front4.jpg

He launched a rocket-fueled revolution, defeated 16 rivals and became the presumptive nominee by running against the entire national establishment, not to mention conventional wisdom and both political parties.

Now he’s doomed if Romney doesn’t back him? Nonsense.

Yet each day, the drum beats louder about a new and greater threat to GOP harmony. The current one is the insistence from everybody on the left, and a few on the right, that Trump is toast if he can’t get House Speaker Paul Ryan to endorse him.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/hillary-clinton-is-unraveling-quickly/

Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are huge coal States that also happen to be swing States. Rut-row. :( The Hildabeast actually told the truth and admitted she wants to put all the coal miners and businesses out of work.

Then she said she was going after oil and natural gas folks.

Question: Why would anyone vote for this evil bitch? :lol:

52885378.jpg

Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are huge coal States that also happen to be swing States. Rut-row. :( The Hildabeast actually told the truth and admitted she wants to put all the coal miners and businesses out of work.

Question: Why would anyone vote for this evil bitch? :lol:

52885378.jpg

They vote democrat because they hate America red white and blue

-Geaux

Coal is over?

According to who?

Learn a new trade?

Such as?
Most of the easy to reach coal has been dug up. If you go to an area and start removing something on a large scale over hundreds of years, eventually, what ever you have been removing begins to run out. That's just common sense. Not sure why it had to be explained.

in any case, I AM AMAZED-------Hillary strikes me as a GOOD OLE REDNECK
CRACKER

Question: Why would anyone vote for this evil bitch?

Because she can actually run the Country, as opposed to your guy, who can only run a fake TV game show.

Question: Why would anyone vote for this evil bitch?

Because she can actually run the Country, as opposed to your guy, who can only run a fake TV game show.

c'mon joe-------She does not know how to make a decent chocolate chip cookie

Coal is over?

According to who?

Learn a new trade?

Such as?
Most of the easy to reach coal has been dug up. If you go to an area and start removing something on a large scale over hundreds of years, eventually, what ever you have been removing begins to run out. That's just common sense. Not sure why it had to be explained.

Not true. Let the people mine and leave them alone

-Geaux

Coal is over?

According to who?

Learn a new trade?

Such as?

It ran out?

When did that happen?

c'mon joe-------She does not know how to make a decent chocolate chip cookie

I wasn't aware that was a job requirement for the presidency.

Has anyone asked Obama or Dubya Bush about their made baking skills?

Or his HIllary supposed to know how to bake cookies because she has a vagina?

I think you are young-----and do not remember that one of Hillary's FIRST
ACTS as a "FIRST LADY"------was publication of her putatively VERY OWN---
recipe for CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I think you are young-----and do not remember that one of Hillary's FIRST
ACTS as a "FIRST LADY"------was publication of her putatively VERY OWN---
recipe for CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

so your complaint is that you couldn't follow a recipe? That's probably because you were mixing your meds into the batter and seeing imaginary Nazis in New England.

Coal is over?

According to who?

Learn a new trade?

Such as?

It ran out?

When did that happen?

Of course....it hasn't
America enjoys the resources to be the world’s top oil producer, the world’s top natural gas producer, the world’s top coal producer, and the world’s top producer of nuclear energy. The problem is that our own government has stood perversely in the way, preventing America from using its own resources to produce a reliable supply of low-cost energy. Historically, nations have gone to war to ensure their access to essential energy supplies, most notably the Japanese in World War II.
Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” p. 238-239.

Forum List

Back