Clinton Lead Up to 12 Points Today Reuters/Ipsos

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
The ship is sailing like a hydroplane at Lake Havasu VROOM I guess the right should find something besides health and emails to try and knock her down.

"Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leads Republican rival Donald Trump by 12 percentage points among likely voters, her strongest showing this month, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday.

The Aug. 18-22 poll showed that 45 percent of voters supported Clinton, while 33 percent backed Trump ahead of the Nov. 8 election.

Clinton, the former U.S. secretary of state, has led Trump, a New York businessman, throughout most of the 2016 campaign. But her latest lead represents a stronger level of support than polls indicated over the past few weeks. Earlier in August, Clinton's lead over Trump ranged from 3 to 9 percentage points in the poll.

The poll also found that about 22 percent of likely voters would not pick either candidate. That lack of support is high compared with how people responded to the poll during the 2012 presidential election between Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney.

"Those who are wavering right now are just as likely to be thinking about supporting a third-party candidate instead, and not between Clinton and Trump," said Tom Smith, who directs the Center for the Study of Politics and Society at the University of Chicago." Clinton leads Trump by 12 points in Reuters/Ipsos poll

Juan,

This looks promising for Clinton... It is just one poll... The Poll has a rating of A-, but I would rather it with me than against me...

The LA Times which is looking to be consistently about 6-7% out (in favour of Trump)... So I say the real number is around the 7% with LA Times having it tied at the moment...

But he major factor is the Clinton ground game in the swing states... She is locking in some big states and has a 'leaning' winning margin...

Still a lot to play for and elections aren't in August, but rather be Clinton than Trump right now... The Irish bookies have it at the moment

Clinton 1/5

Trump 4/1

Juan,

This looks promising for Clinton... It is just one poll... The Poll has a rating of A-, but I would rather it with me than against me...

The LA Times which is looking to be consistently about 6-7% out (in favour of Trump)... So I say the real number is around the 7% with LA Times having it tied at the moment...

But he major factor is the Clinton ground game in the swing states... She is locking in some big states and has a 'leaning' winning margin...

Still a lot to play for and elections aren't in August, but rather be Clinton than Trump right now... The Irish bookies have it at the moment

Clinton 1/5

Trump 4/1
It's a mixed bag at this point and I think the real numbers show after the debates. Here is Nate Silver's opinion of the L.A. Times poll actually a interesting read.

And then

UPI/CVoter poll: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump hold steady in virtual tie

There will be so many lies that an outcome will be impossible to predict.

Honestly read your own poll:

Because the poll is conducted online and individuals self-select to participate, a margin of error cannot be calculated. The poll has a credibility interval of 3 percentage points. This seven-day span includes data collected from Aug. 15-21, when 1,795 individuals were surveyed. Of them, 1,259 identified themselves as likely voters.

Nate gives it a C+...

It isn't a great poll... In the last month it has swung Trump from 6 ahead to 6 behind.... If you are relying on this you are delusional, you best get the reality and accept he is behind... Now what are you going to do about that.

Texas is in play for Clinton....
Clinton making a play for Utah....

Can the Trumpsters feel the beat down of historic epic colossal proportions?....

Texas is in play for Clinton....
Clinton making a play for Utah....

Can the Trumpsters feel the beat down of historic epic colossal proportions?....

Texas could be a bit much, as it could be wasteful...

It is better to get House, Senate and State races if that was on the cards...

Juan,

Clinton 1/5

Trump 4/1
Which book? Paddy Power has only 2/9 and 1/3.

It is just a matter of time before people realize that they are being completely lied to about the economy. How long can we sustain this rate of unemployment in this country without people noticing that something is wrong. I'm kind of hope that hillary does win so that we will see what this would be like for another 4-8 years. Eventually people will just snap and quite the democratic party all together and, judging by the number of people who identify as democrat, I suspect that is already happening in this country.

Juan,

Clinton 1/5

Trump 4/1

Sorry Paddy Power...
Has it 1.22 which is 2/9
and my mistake on Trump it is 3/1....

Saying that Betfair is 4.8 on Trump... Clinton 1.3...

And then

UPI/CVoter poll: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump hold steady in virtual tie

There will be so many lies that an outcome will be impossible to predict.
UPI/CVoter has no track record whatsoever. One cannot even figure out whether they are accurate or not because they have no history.

It doesn't matter the record when you judge there method of polling:
Because the poll is conducted online and individuals self-select to participate, a margin of error cannot be calculated.

Juan,

Clinton 1/5

Trump 4/1

Sorry Paddy Power...
Has it 1.22 which is 2/9
and my mistake on Trump it is 3/1....

Saying that Betfair is 4.8 on Trump... Clinton 1.3...
My mistake, too. I meant to say Trump 3/1.

I'll start to really look at the polls after Labor Day. My feel right now is Clinton is up around 5 points nationally. But as we all know...that can change in a heartbeat.

Forum List

Back