Clinton Lead Up to 12 Points Today Reuters/Ipsos

I'll start to really look at the polls after Labor Day. My feel right now is Clinton is up around 5 points nationally. But as we all know...that can change in a heartbeat.
But the change may last only a heartbeat. When you've been ahead this long, it would take a sustained fundamental gamechanger to affect the outcome we all expect, whether we like it or not.

I'll start to really look at the polls after Labor Day. My feel right now is Clinton is up around 5 points nationally. But as we all know...that can change in a heartbeat.
But the change may last only a heartbeat. When you've been ahead this long, it would take a sustained fundamental gamechanger to affect the outcome we all expect, whether we like it or not.

With the Clinton Foundation and the thousands of emails that Hillary destroyed that are now coming to light......well, anything is possible. :D

Julian Assange with wikileaks says he has emails that would in normal circumstances put the Clintons in prison for years. Those will be released in two batches. One batch a week before the first debate...the second batch right before the election.

All of you Hillary boosters.....hold on to your hats.

Texas is in play for Clinton....
Clinton making a play for Utah....

Can the Trumpsters feel the beat down of historic epic colossal proportions?....

Yeah, Trump campaigning in Texas is something, but if you think about it, it's not too surprising.

There are a lot of Hispanics in Texas and some Republican heavy hitters aren't supporting him.

The ship is sailing like a hydroplane at Lake Havasu VROOM I guess the right should find something besides health and emails to try and knock her down.

"Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leads Republican rival Donald Trump by 12 percentage points among likely voters, her strongest showing this month, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday.

The Aug. 18-22 poll showed that 45 percent of voters supported Clinton, while 33 percent backed Trump ahead of the Nov. 8 election.

Clinton, the former U.S. secretary of state, has led Trump, a New York businessman, throughout most of the 2016 campaign. But her latest lead represents a stronger level of support than polls indicated over the past few weeks. Earlier in August, Clinton's lead over Trump ranged from 3 to 9 percentage points in the poll.

The poll also found that about 22 percent of likely voters would not pick either candidate. That lack of support is high compared with how people responded to the poll during the 2012 presidential election between Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney.

"Those who are wavering right now are just as likely to be thinking about supporting a third-party candidate instead, and not between Clinton and Trump," said Tom Smith, who directs the Center for the Study of Politics and Society at the University of Chicago." Clinton leads Trump by 12 points in Reuters/Ipsos poll

The dirty little secret is that you have to oversample Democrats to have Hillary in the lead. Sounds a little desperate to me.
Reuters-Ipsos polling more Democrats, fewer Republicans now than it was two months ago. Nearly half of those who participated in the latest formal Reuters-Ipsos presidential preference poll are Democrats while just one-third are Republicans.

The dirty little secret is that you have to oversample Democrats to have Hillary in the lead. Sounds a little desperate to me.
Reuters-Ipsos polling more Democrats, fewer Republicans now than it was two months ago. Nearly half of those who participated in the latest formal Reuters-Ipsos presidential preference poll are Democrats while just one-third are Republicans.
It's not a secret. It's random sampling. Sample the same universe numerous times and you're going to show a pattern of more Democrats sampled than Republicans because...

(you'd better sit down for this)

... more Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans.

If you decided to take a sample of 33 Dems, 33 Republicans and 33 Independents, you'd get an artificially engineered result. If you sampled 99 registered voters, you get a sample of the American sentiment. That's in Hillary's favor not only because there are more Democrats in this country, but because Donald Trump is the most detested candidate in the race.

It's not a secret. It's random sampling. Sample the same universe numerous times and you're going to show a pattern of more Democrats sampled than Republicans because...

(you'd better sit down for this)

... more Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans.

If you decided to take a sample of 33 Dems, 33 Republicans and 33 Independents, you'd get an artificially engineered result. If you sampled 99 registered voters, you get a sample of the American sentiment. That's in Hillary's favor not only because there are more Democrats in this country, but because Donald Trump is the most detested candidate in the race.

Did you wake up this morning and think to yourself, today I am going to teach 101 statistics to the ignorant....
Your heart is in the right place, I some how think your student here might be a bit difficult...

:desk:

Forum List

Back