Clinton: Embracing Our Common Humanity

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by nakedemperor, Apr 28, 2005.

1. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Clinton's giving a speech here at Brown tomorrow afternoon, for which I had to stand in line for 5 freakin' hours to get a ticket. The title of the talk is "Embracing Our Common Humanity: Security and Prosperity in the 21st Century".

Great. I'm sure all those dead Rwandans appreciate his genuine concern for common humanity. It appears people have forgotten that Clinton joined the ranks of U.S. presidents who ostencibly ignored or perpatrated crimes against humanity-- Truman, Nixon, GWB, etc. The selective memory of Western Heritage continues to confound me. If there's an open question portion of this talk I'm asking for an apology.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Go for it, I would love to hear how he addresses that issue. What turn of phrase he will attempt to use to explain it away.

3. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Wow, good for you! Rocken' Roll!

4. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    If Clinton is embracing something, he's probably just trying to get a cheap feel anyway.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Truman, Nixon, GWB crimes against humanity? This I have to hear.

You'd be better off to ask for an apology for bombing an aspirin factory and killing innocents on the day of his impeachment vote just in order to take the attention away from himself.

6. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Truman = fire bombings of Tokyo, Dresden.

Nixon = agent orange carpet bombings, ignoring the coming genocide of the Khmer Rouge

GWB = acknowledging but doing nothing about the Darfur genocide

7. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Goddamn right about Truman, saved tens of thousands of American lives...no crime there.

Nixon...again its war....alls fair you know.

GWB....you guys scream about Iraq and imperialism....you'd do the same with Darfur. Its all bullshit.

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Lord Naked...Being a veteran of the Vietnam era and having relatives who served in WWII..what is your problem...Truman...firebombings of Tokyo,dresden...Nixon agent Orange...carpet bombings...well,agent orange was bad, hurt alot of vets's unintentionally...but bombings geez...this is war and that was the tech at the time!...I love it when non vets comment on the atrocities of war...they were not there to see the atrocities the enemy committed...humm...how about the NVA who regulary committed crimes against US troops...like a case when they overran a Special Forces unit...they cut off their private parts and stuffed them down the throats of our guys to make a point!This was not reported in our wonderful news! And what about the atrocities the Japanese and Germans committed against our troops and civilians...try going down that road for a change...would be refreshing to say the least! :mad:

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Now, wait a minute...How TF does one ignore "coming genocide"? Nixon's strategy for stopping the genocide (and history has borne him out) was to aggressively prosecute the war. In this, he was thwarted at every turn by liberals.

Human nature is self-serving - murderously so at times. Tragically, America can't be everywhere, doing everything. Even our resources are finite; we must protect ourselves first.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    he has appologized on national tv several times....and has said that he regrets that he did nothing