Parent Consent Abortion Bill

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I hope this bill can get throught the Senate. Allready passed the House. I have always found it incredibly hard to believe that a minor can have an abortion without parents consent,yet cannot have their ears pierced without a parent. There is something seriously wrong with that thinking. On top of all that,to think someone could take your child across state lines WITHOUT parent's consent to have an abortion is atrocious and stamps all over parent's rights. I believe it is a parents job and a parents job only to make medical decisions for their child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154894,00.html

This is the fourth or fifth bill that has potential to lower abortions in the U.S. since Bush has become Pres. He is getting things done in this area.

Ah, but on a matter like this, the Senate should need a nine-tenths majority cause....well, CAUSE!

I believe it is a parents job and a parents job only to make medical decisions for their child.
So if this does pass...How will that affect the folks that Don't provide medical
care to their children due to religious belief? Will the "state" still be allowed to step in
and over-rule the parents?

Mr. P said:
So if this does pass...How will that affect the folks that Don't provide medical
care to their children due to religious belief? Will the "state" still be allowed to step in

To be honest,I don't know. It may only specifically adress abortions. Not sure. I do know that it is very,very wrong IMO for someone who is not the kids parent to help with an abortion. I don't care if it's grandma and grandpa.

Mr. P said:

If they are doing this to circumvent state laws on the issue, there already are provision in the states to allow for a judge to allow an abortion when necessary as those are the only parental consent laws that have passed constitutional muster. Therefore, yes, there would be an ability when necessary for the "state" to allow for an abortion. This particular law also exempts them when the life of the mother is at stake.

Forum List

Back