Clinton (D) vs. Cruz (R) polling: National, key battlegrounds

Of the 283 polls and 1025 matchups to-date, Hillary vs. various specific GOP contenders, I have sorted out the Hillary vs. Cruz matchups, nationally and in Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida and simply made screenshots:

View attachment 38300 View attachment 38301 View attachment 38302

Nationally, that makes for 22 Hillary-Cruz match-ups to date and Cruz has never gotten closer than being 10 points behind Hillary. He is losing to Hillary nationally by a massive landslide margin.

In Florida:

View attachment 38303

In Florida, out of 19 polls, 6 Hillary-Cruz match-ups - in a state with a sizable Cuban-latino population- , the closest he has come has been 11 points behind Hillary. In fact, in 3 of those 6 polls, he is behind by 20 points or more. In all of my life, I have not witnessed a Democrat polling 26 points ahead of a Republican in Florida, ever. It has been a narrow single-digit win state now for 6 full cycles. The latest poll has him 23 points behind Hillary. This are unusual numbers for Republicans to have to look at...

In North Carolina:

View attachment 38304

In North Carolina, out of 19 polls, there have been 7 Hillary-Cruz matchups, and the closest he has come has been 4 points behind Hillary. That makes the state competitive, but Hillary is doing decidedly better here than Obama did in polling in either 2008 or 2012. Alone the fact that no GOPer can "put away" North Carolina is a very bad sign for them.

In Ohio, the QUINTESSENTIAL battleground state, the state that no GOPer since Lincoln has lost and yet, still won the national election:

View attachment 38305
9 Ohio polls, three Hillary-vs-Cruz matchups and the closest Cruz comes is -14 behind Hillary. Now, those polls are somewhat old, so I suspect that after his announcement, we will see some heaving polling in all four of the battlegrounds I am presenting in this thread, esp. Ohio.

In Virginia, where Ted Cruz is announcing his candidacy TODAY:

View attachment 38306

17 Virginia polls, 3 Clinton vs. Cruz matchups, and the closest that Cruz comes to Hillary is from 10 points behind, just like in Florida, just like nationally. Just as in the case of Ohio, these polls are all somewhat old, so I expect fresh battleground polling very shortly.

But the long and short of it is that in ALL national matchups, all Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia matchups, Cruz is behind Clinton, and considerably at that. He has his work cut out for him.

Now, for those who want to naysay this, I say: here, now you have a baseline. If polling in the next weeks shows the results to be much closer or even shows Cruz winning some, then you can hoop and holler, because you have a baseline to compare it with, thanks to me. :D

But if after his announcement, nothing changes, then I would submit to you that Cruz has a real problem on his hands.

Don't worry, I will be reporting future polls just as energetically as these.

Why those four battleground states? Well, because without them, you cannot win the White House these days. These days, you need at least two of the four to win, and if you are winning, you are likely to win at least three of the four.

In 2000 and 2004, Bush won all four of them, currently worth 75 electoral votes. In 2008, Obama won all four of them. In 2012, he won 3 of 4 of them and North Carolina, which Romney picked-up for the GOP, was the second closest race of the night.

So, it's no surprise to me that Cruz has picked Virginia to be his launch-point for 2016. Were he to get the GOP nomination, he will need Virginia solidily in his column to be able to combat the so-called "blue wall".

AceRothstein Derideo_Te Mertex Luddly Neddite Grandma guno

Anyone who wants on the electoral polling call-list, just hit me up in convo...

Honestly, I'm not sure that Cruz would be Hillary in Texas.

There have only been four polls of TEXAS to date, and they are all a little old now, but Cruz was pitted against Clinton in three of them and won by +3, +5 and +7 in a state that is supposed to be a double-digit GOP state.

Put Julian Castro on the ticket with Hillary and she probably wins Texas. It would at least become extremely competitive forcing Cruz or any Republican candidate to spend a great deal of time and money just trying to hold a state that should easily be Republican.

Julian Castro is being groomed....he may very well be Hillary's VP choice.

75% of women will vote to see the first woman potus.

So you don't think very much of women, do you

Why dont you have one credible woman to nominate? You guys clearly think very little of women.
Hillary Clinton is not a credible woman, but she is likely to win the democrat nomination anyway.

She's very credible and strong, too. She no namby pamby woman letting men dictate to her.

Why dont you have one credible woman to nominate? You guys clearly think very little of women.
Hillary Clinton is not a credible woman, but she is likely to win the democrat nomination anyway.

She's very credible and strong, too. She no namby pamby woman letting men dictate to her.
Unless his name is Bill.

LOL shes good at destroying the women her husband skewed around with, yeah shes strong alright:eusa_eh:

Hillary will never be President. She is a shrill, angry, old bitch. She is a horrible candidate. Her support has dropped 15% among Dems over the last few weeks. She needs to run against here failed turn as Secretary of State, and she'll have to defend Obama's failure's since she was very much part of his administration.

Plus....right now this is the only poll that matters. Good luck Hildabeast. :lol:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Of the 283 polls and 1025 matchups to-date, Hillary vs. various specific GOP contenders, I have sorted out the Hillary vs. Cruz matchups, nationally and in Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida and simply made screenshots:
You figured out who is going to win an election two years out where only one candidate has announced they are running? Do tell us your secret.

LOL shes good at destroying the women her husband skewed around with, yeah shes strong alright:eusa_eh:
Monica is 40 and never married? She was born to be Bill's goomba.

That's right......why run anybody. The fat, ugly bitch has already won.

But, it seems so strange, because even Democrats are worried about her, and are busy looking for someone else.

The educate parts of the country will not vote for a bible thumping loon, that low IQ stuff doesn't play outside of jesusland, The GOP better wake up and throw those lunatics overboard, if they ever want to win a national election

But, it seems so strange, because even Democrats are worried about her, and are busy looking for someone else.

The educate parts of the country will not vote for a bible thumping loon, that low IQ stuff doesn't play outside of jesusland, The GOP better wake up and throw those lunatics overboard, if they ever want to win a national election
Yup. Having morals is bad for the United States.

That might mean you're honest.

You figured out who is going to win an election two years out where only one candidate has announced they are running? Do tell us your secret.
That's not what I said. Read again, this time for context.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Unless his name is Bill.

Nah........she's no Stepford wife.

What woman did she destroy? You're making things up. Nothing new, though.

Unless his name is Bill.

Nah........she's no Stepford wife.
Laura bush was. But was Barbara? She was tough. And Nancy was classy. They all stood by and married assholes so that was their choice. I wish repugs didnt trash hillary and michelle so to make us defend how they ate ten x the women these never worked a day in their lives silver spoon married the right guy rich arrogant out of touch republican wives.

The educate [sic] parts of the country will not vote for a bible thumping loon, that low IQ stuff doesn't play outside of jesusland, The GOP better wake up and throw those lunatics overboard, if they ever want to win a national election

In "the educate parts," genius? :rolleyes:

Yup. Having morals is bad for the United States.

That might mean you're honest.
No voting for someone who thinks the Earth is 6.000 years old is bad.

Forum List

Back