Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-Sex Marriage

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-Sex Marriage

Breitbart News has learned exclusively that Clint Eastwood has signed an amicus brief to the Supreme Court, supporting the right of same-sex couples to marry. The brief, which will be released later this evening, has signatures from more than 100 Republican and conservative activists. It involves the case before the Supreme Court, seeking to overturn CA's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state.

If he personally accepts or supports it.. good for him... if Bigot Joe Schmoe don't... good for him... all part of freedom... but sign no law that infringes upon that freedom for people to discriminate against behavior, choice, and action of others that they don't like or agree with

This is hysterical!
Bunch of hypocrites I see here.

You hated Eastwood for his empty chair routine, the horrible things that were said about him, shame on you!

Now you love him!

Eastwood is not lock step and has supported Dems and Reps.

"Eastwood is also a supporter of gun control laws. "I've always supported a certain amount of gun control. I think it's very important that guns don't get in the wrong hands; It's very important to keep them out of the hands of felons or anyone who might be crazy with it"

Where the heck is rdean?

If he personally accepts or supports it.. good for him... if Bigot Joe Schmoe don't... good for him... all part of freedom... but sign no law that infringes upon that freedom for people to discriminate against behavior, choice, and action of others that they don't like or agree with

Perhaps you all don't see the irony here ~ the big time, major, celebrity speaker at the GOP convention signing a pro-gay marriage document, a document to be presented to the California Supreme Court....that's pretty fucking ironic.....

This is hysterical!

You hated Eastwood for his empty chair routine, the horrible things that were said about him, shame on you!

Now you love him!

"Eastwood is also a supporter of gun control laws. "I've always supported a certain amount of gun control. I think it's very important that guns don't get in the wrong hands; It's very important to keep them out of the hands of felons or anyone who might be crazy with it"

Where the heck is rdean?

No one is making a big fuss over Eastwood. What this is about is the irony that he was used as a major speaker at the GOP convention. It's funny. A joke.

This is hysterical!

Now you love him!

Where the heck is rdean?

No one is making a big fuss over Eastwood. What this is about is the irony that he was used as a major speaker at the GOP convention. It's funny. A joke.

Wow Eastwood doesn't tow the line. No shit. He thinks for himself as most people do.

I wonder............................did the empty chair hit Eastwood over the head and make him decide that gay marriage was okay?

If it did, it obviously wasn't a Republican chair, because the GOP would never allow gays to marry.

Maybe Eastwood isn't as stupid as I thought..........................

This is hysterical!

Now you love him!

Where the heck is rdean?

I highlighted the pertinent parts.
Of course no one is making a fuss over Eastwood, NOW, but they were sure fussing about him after his empty chair routine.

And if this is just a joke, I suppose it needs to be moved over to the humor forum.

Here's a few threads to digest:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...ebs-for-right-wing-to-hate-2.html#post6783618

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...st6295987.html?highlight=Eastwood#post6295987

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...st6021939.html?highlight=Eastwood#post6021939

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/243785-clint-eastwood-was-great-5.html#post5908511

I wonder...did the empty chair hit Eastwood over the head and make him decide that gay marriage was okay?

If it did, it obviously wasn't a Republican chair, because the GOP would never allow gays to marry.

Maybe Eastwood isn't as stupid as I thought...

He's a Libertarian.

Perhaps you all don't see the irony here ~ the big time, major, celebrity speaker at the GOP convention signing a pro-gay marriage document, a document to be presented to the California Supreme Court....that's pretty fucking ironic.....

How so?
People aren't allowed to voice their own opinions?

but sign no law that infringes upon that freedom for people to discriminate against behavior, choice, and action of others that they don't like or agree with

Those laws have already been around for decades, they are call Public Accommodation laws and prevent discrimination based on several factors, one being religion which is a behavior, choice, and action that some might not like or agree with.

Depending on the state these Public Accommodation laws which pretty much all include religion (a choice) can include marital status (a choice), veteran's status (a choice), parental status (a choice), etc.

>>>>

Last edited:
but sign no law that infringes upon that freedom for people to discriminate against behavior, choice, and action of others that they don't like or agree with

Darn straight .... discrimination is my god-given right.

This is hysterical!

Now you love him!

Where the heck is rdean?

Wow Eastwood doesn't tow the line. No shit. He thinks for himself as most people do.

Most people on here who are right wing conservatives are toeing the line. It's like a chorus of the same sound bites over and over and over again. Clintwood has gone against the grain on the gay rights thing, and you all suddenly say he's just great for being an independent thinker. How totally ironic, and transparent.

Forum List

Back