Climategate: Totally <bleeping> Awesome!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by manifold, Dec 3, 2009.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,766
    IMO, this whole climate-gate thing is totally friggin awesome because it's one of those issues/events that exposes the partisan frauds on both sides that litter this messageboard.

The truth is it is NOT trivial. The "scientists" involved are some of the most prominant forces that have shaped opinions and conclusions about global warming and it turns out they were cooking the books. That's kind of a big deal.

So when somebody dismisses this as a "non-story," they expose themselves as partisan frauds.

And likewise...

The truth also is that these scientists do not comprise the entire global scientific community studying climate change, nor does it prove that there was any kind of global conspiracy involved. It was a handful of unscrupulous douchebags manipulating data to deliver their predetermined conclusion. IT DOES NOT INVALIDATE any work that has been done outside their sphere of influence and IT DOES NOT prove that global warming has been a hoax all along.

So when somebody claims that this DOES prove global warming was a hoax all along they expose themselves as partisan frauds.

It has always been my contention that conclusions about man's influence on climate change are premature and unprovable at this time. This scandal has done nothing to alter my contention one way or the other.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    :clap2:

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Problem being that these "scientists" (to use the term loosely) were amongst the inner circle of the IPCC. Much of the information that other honest scientists (who are doubtlessly in the majority) have based their further studies on, are either based upon or intertwined with the suspect data.

Typhoid Mary wasn't involved in a conspiracy either.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,702
    Totally agree Manifold.

The fact that these scientist cooked the books to back up what they are proposing speaks volumes to me. They also purged the real data to back up their findings. They want everyone to believe that we humans are the sole cause for "Global Warming.".This is something they apparantly can't prove without fudgiing their findings. Guess they don't look into the history of the planet to often either.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,727
    so who cares if Manifools thinks somebody is a hacK? The truth is it was a global effort to impose a cap and trade tax and redistribute wealth. You did notice the article I posted yesterday about Australia tabling their cap and trade until the US of KKKA passed theirs?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,797
    I'd agree with you except I'm not convinced they cooked the books. There is a lot of disagreement in scientific circles of how to present the data and this group didn't necessarily do something unethical (though of course that possibility exists).

I'm going to reserve judgment until something convincing comes out.

7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,702
    I noticed and good for the Aussies. The rest of the world should follow suit.

The crap and trade bill will cost the average American big time. Its takes energy to produce everything. Prices will go up on everything. Big change to our whole economy. Oh yeah. OL'BO should tell those in Copenhagen to stuff it. When India, China and Russia and the rest of the third world cleans up their act, then MAYBY we'll go along. But not till then. CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    So what do we know for sure about the release of the emails? That they were released? That's about it I think. Maybe it would be wise to wait for the result of the inquiry and then have a dispassionate look at the results and any impact on the state of knowledge of the issue.

It has always been my contention that conclusions about man's influence on climate change are premature and unprovable at this time. This scandal has done nothing to alter my contention one way or the other

Are you sure? Or does this go part way to affirming your scepticism?

9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I missed it. I don't know how much info was in the article but the Senate refused to pass the bill passed by the lower house. This followed an internal upheaval in the Opposition (the Greens were against the bill because it wasn't tough enough) where the Leader was booted out (by one vote) because he was allegedly too far ahead of his party on the issue. It would be nice to say the bill wasn't passed because of policy but that wasn't the case, it wasn't passed because of politics.

10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,025
    Um, noooooooo.

Actually the Scientists who are not Warmers first have been saying that there may not be a link between manmande CO2 and "Global Warming"

All we know now is that irrespective of deminimus changes in the atmospheric trace molecule CO2 Earth has not warmed since 1996.