Climate Scientists are Laughing at You

It has been SIX days since thread started not a single cogent answer to the video has been posted, when are you guys going to post one?
I think we've all laughed at it, haven't we?

Laughter is a common reaction to the knowledge that one has painted oneself into a corner...it is either laughter or tears since there is rarely any rational argument for being in a corner with no plausible way out.

You got an actual argument regarding the fact that the world has been warmer than the present for most of the past 10,000 years or not?

The real laughs belong to the skeptics when it comes right down to it. After 20+ years of this "we need to do something now!!!" from the climate scientists, still nobody is giving a flying fuck! And we all know the saying....."he who laughs last laughs the hardest!":2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Which part of "present" do you not understand?
The date to which you consider it refers.

Tell you what buckwheet....go grab yourself a dictionary and look up the word present...pick a date that suits you...the fact remains that the past has been warmer than the present for most of the past 10,000 years......

I love the smell of the Heartland Institute in the morning, it smells like....cherry picking.

Gee, all you did was complain about alleged cherry picking in the video, you actually destroyed your own reply since their "cherry picking" video is better than your fact less, evidence free reply.

It has been SIX days since thread started not a single cogent answer to the video has been posted, when are you guys going to post one?

:abgg2q.jpg:

To be honest, that panel had an agenda to make it a biased interpretation of the science in some ways.. It wasn't "straight up" on the details... So, it's not really a lot of help other than to get closer to something that resembles an honest appraisal of the ACTUAL science...

Gotta stop pandering to the PUBLIC and force them to understand it's complicated and they need to invest time to understand it..

But that bit with the CO2 meter was hysterically funny.,... :laughing0301:

Water Vapor is in the same class of gases you rabid religious freaks have labeled as "pollutants"..

That's fucking hysterical...

No, that's also really stupid, being how nobody of intelligence has said CO2 or water vapor were toxic in atmospheric concentrations.

The fact that your cult actually pretends our side says anything like that is simply pathetic. We understand the thought processes behind your "joke", just as we understand a the thought processes of a 4-year-old boy telling toilet jokes. We just think it's sad and abnormal for any grownup to find such things to be a knee-slapper.

I love the smell of the Heartland Institute in the morning, it smells like....cherry picking.

Its pretty straightforward. Back when dinosaurs lived, the Earth had 5 times the amount of CO2 in the air that is does today. And during that time, life flourished.

Tell me why an elevated CO2 in todays air will cause the doom and gloom thats predicted?

Mark

No, that's also really stupid, being how nobody of intelligence has said CO2 or water vapor were toxic in atmospheric concentrations.

Didn't say "toxic" -- I said a POLLUTANT -- per the phony ass govt EPA ruling.. Major disharmony in scientific definitions when you declare CO2 a pollutant and not Dihydrous Monoxide...

You're a terrible reader and a worse flamer... Been looking for your usefulness, but apparently you don't advertise any publicly...

Didn't say "toxic" -- I said a POLLUTANT -- per the phony ass govt EPA ruling.. Major disharmony in scientific definitions when you declare CO2 a pollutant and not Dihydrous Monoxide..

No, that's totally wrong.

I'd try to explain it to you, but it involves science and common sense, hence it's over your head. Like I said, we understand your stupid claims, and why they're so stupid, but you can't understand it.

Didn't say "toxic" -- I said a POLLUTANT -- per the phony ass govt EPA ruling.. Major disharmony in scientific definitions when you declare CO2 a pollutant and not Dihydrous Monoxide..

I'd try to explain it to you, but it involves science and common sense, hence it's over your head. Like I said, we understand your stupid claims, and why they're so stupid, but you can't understand it.
Science? When I hear that word I picture lab work. Can you show us the effect increasing CO2 from 280 to 400ppm has on temperature?

At least you realize that any "explanation" you might offer would make you look like an even bigger idiot than you already do...

POLLUTANT: any substance, as certain chemicals or waste products, that renders the air, soil, water, or other natural resource harmful or unsuitable for a specific purpose.

CO2 is an element of the normal mixture of air and supports plant life on this planet. Rapidly elevating levels of CO2 lead to rapid greenhouse warming which is harmful to life on this planet. Excess CO2 is a pollutant.

POLLUTANT: any substance, as certain chemicals or waste products, that renders the air, soil, water, or other natural resource harmful or unsuitable for a specific purpose.

CO2 is an element of the normal mixture of air and supports plant life on this planet. Rapidly elevating levels of CO2 lead to rapid greenhouse warming which is harmful to life on this planet. Excess CO2 is a pollutant.

Got any observed, measured evidence to support that claim...if so, lets see it.

Didn't think so...

www.ipcc.ch. The Physical Science Basis - the 1800 pages of empirical, peer reviewed evidence that AGW is real and a threat. But that won't stop you from lying and from making your idiot, insane claims. That would be because you are a

LYING FUCKING TROLL

www.ipcc.ch. The Physical Science Basis - the 1800 pages of empirical, peer reviewed evidence that AGW is real and a threat. But that won't stop you from lying and from making your idiot, insane claims. That would be because you are a

LYING FUCKING TROLL

Yeah but the same IPCC is on documented record that predictions on the future climate cant be made based upon computer models! You always leave that out s0n! Wtf?:2up:

LYING FUCKING TROLL

All that and you can't bring a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...seems that you are far more likely to be a troll than me....offering up bullshit sites that hold no evidence to support your arguments...

So, the website of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is a "bullshit site". You'd be laughable if you weren't so fucking pathetic.

If you want to see the evidence for man made global warming, see "The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch

Pretty heavy hitters in the climate science world, all right.

Anyway:
Jay H. Lehr

Credentials
  • Ph.D., Ground Water Hydrology. University of Arizona (1962). [1]
  • Degree in Geological Engineering from Princeton University. [1]
Background
Jay H. Lehr is a Senior Fellow and “Science Director” of the Heartland Institute. He is also a “motivational speaker” and prolific writer. He was editor of “Rational Readings of Environmental Concerns,” which labels environmentalists as “extremists” and “alarmists” among other things. He has testified before Congress numerous times on environmental issues.
Jay H. Lehr

Richard A. Keen

Credentials

• Ph.D., Geography/Climatology, University of Colorado. [1]
Background
Richard A. Keen is instructor emeritus at the University of Colorado Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (ATOC). Some sources have also described him as a “climatologist,” and others as a “meteorologist.”

According to Keen, he has experience as a meteorologist in the army and has “done some climate modeling when I was younger and less wise.” He does not mention receiving any training as a climatologist.
Richard Keen

Stanley B. Goldenberg

Credentials
  • M.S. Synoptic Meteorology, Florida State University (1980).
  • B.S. Meteorology, Florida State University, (1978).
  • A.A., Miami-Dade Community College (1972).
Background
Stanley B. Goldenberg is a Meteorologist with the Hurricane Research Division/AOML/NOAA located in Miami, Florida. He is one of the lead authors of NOAA's Seasonal Hurricane Outlooks for the Atlantic basin.

Goldenberg received his M.S. in Meteorology under the guidance of fellow climate change skeptic Jim O'Brien.

Stanley Goldenberg has been associated with the Heartland Institute as an expert and a regular speaker at the Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change.

Goldenberg is known for his views on arctic sea ice. While Goldenberg has conceded that “it is possible that a small fraction of the increase in hurricane activity might be associated with the gradual, long-term SST increase,” he is also on the record for claiming there is raw data showing an increase in Arctic sea ice depth and an expansion of its coverage. [9], [10]

Tom Harris

Credentials
  • B. Eng. , M. Eng. (Mech., thermofluids and energy sciences). [1]
Background
Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP). [2], [3]

Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry interests. [4], [48]

According to Harris's archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.” [68]

The Heartland Institute describes Harris as “perhaps the most frequently cited and interviewed critic of exaggeration and alarmism in the global warming debate, appearing thousands of times on online news forums and being regularly published in newspapers in Canada and the U.S. and occasionally in Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., and other countries.” [5]

Considering authors of climatology papers on pocket gophers, social sciences, economics and paleontology get published in IPCC and other top level climate venues -- those are closer to the core science than 40% of the "climate science"...

Forum List

Back