Climate scientist Dr. Roy Spencer lays the smack to '2014 warmest year ever' nonsense

The man made global warming cult in here don't even want to address my post? I have been in injection molding for 30 years , most plastics are heat sensitive, and the 60s analog crap is worlds apart from what we have today

That is true. The digital displays are obviously more accurate then what people had to do for decades before digital.
Just for a moment consider you are a volunteer temperature recording person standing in the heat or in the cold. Reading something like the below tell me
if the temperature is 69° or 71°?
Then the volunteer has to transcribe then transmit.
View attachment 36051

Those aren't the kind of thermometers they use in weather stations. The device below is for measuring barometric pressure, but the thermometers look similar and work similarly:

baltic.jpg

"Truth.

Dr. Roy Spencer is a real problem for global warmists. They can't say he's not a climate scientist, because he is. They can't accuse him of taking oil industry money, because all the funding he's ever received has come from the U.S. government - including his work with NASA, NOAA and the Department of Energy.

And they can't refute his arguments, because he knows what he's talking about and they don't. So when he comes across their latest nonsense - this time the claim that 2014 was the warmest year on record - he takes aim and destroys the claim in beautiful fashion:

"Science as a methodology for getting closer to the truth has been all but abandoned. It is now just one more tool to achieve political ends.

Reports that 2014 was the “hottest” year on record feed the insatiable appetite the public has for definitive, alarming headlines. It doesn’t matter that even in the thermometer record, 2014 wasn’t the warmest within the margin of error. Who wants to bother with “margin of error”? Journalists went into journalism so they wouldn’t have to deal with such technical mumbo-jumbo. I said this six weeks ago, as did others, but no one cares unless a mainstream news source stumbles upon it and is objective enough to report it.

In what universe does a temperature change that is too small for anyone to feel over a 50 year period become globally significant? Where we don’t know if the global average temperature is 58 or 59 or 60 deg. F, but we are sure that if it increases by 1 or 2 deg. F, that would be a catastrophe?

Where our only truly global temperature measurements, the satellites, are ignored because they don’t show a record warm year in 2014?

In what universe do the climate models built to guide energy policy are not even adjusted to reflect reality, when they over-forecast past warming by a factor of 2 or 3?

And where people have to lie about severe weather getting worse (it hasn’t)? Or where we have totally forgotten that more CO2 is actually good for life on Earth, leading to increased agricultural productivity, and global greening?

It’s the universe where political power and the desire to redistribute wealth have taken control of the public discourse. It’s a global society where people believe we can replace fossil fuels with unicorn farts and antigravity-based energy.

Feelings now trump facts.

At least engineers have to prove their ideas work. The widgets and cell phones and cars and jets and bridges they build either work or they don’t.

In climate science, whichever side is favored by politicians and journalism graduates is the side that wins.

And what about those 97% of scientists who agree? Well, what they all agree on is that if their government climate funding goes away, their careers will end." "

Politics Climate scientist Dr. Roy Spencer lays the smack to 2014 warmest year ever nonsense Best of Cain
I wonder how he explains the fact that the north polar ice cap is disappearing and that this might be the first summer in human history in which it disappears completely. Or the massive methane eruptions that are occurring up there.

What..."North Polar Ice cap to disappear this summer"??? Maybe you should tell these people!!! In the meantime check the below!
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Arctic sea ice extent remained about a standard deviation below average for the month of December. Compared to recent years, 2014 as a whole was rather unremarkable. The bigger story was the record high extents observed in the Antarctic through more than half of the year.
At year’s end, Antarctic sea ice extent was again at a record high, but poised for a rapid decline as the austral summer wears on.
Both Hudson Bay and Baffin Bay are now essentially completely ice covered.

On the Atlantic side, recent winters have been characterized by reduced winter ice extent in the Kara and Barents seas.
This is not the case for the winter of 2014 to 2015.
The only two regions where extent is notably below average are in the Bering Sea and the Sea of Okhotsk.
This contrasts with recent winters when ice extent has been greater than average in the Bering Sea.
Sea ice extent grew 2.00 million square kilometers (772,000 square miles) during the month of December.
As the year drew to a close, sea ice extent again reached record high levels for the date by declining far more slowly than usual. Extent anomalies are particularly large in the Ross Sea and Amundsen Sea regions, and in the northern Weddell Sea—areas that have been anomalously high for most of the calendar year.
Sea ice extent doesn't mean anything. Sea ice volume does. Check this out.

6a0133f03a1e37970b017d3c8bb962970c-800wi

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Huh... and yet the earth's atmosphere isn't warming beyond the natural cycles common to such, and the seas aren't rising... and the Left remains without a shred of credibility on a single dam' thing.

But consistency is something, even when the only thing you're consistent is being wrong.
Post the graph that shows that temperature isn't rising and you'll see that it's because the person who doesn't want there to be any warming started in a warm month and ended in a cool month.

Cherry picking is a Michael Mann thing and started by left wits long ago..

If the Earth's climactic well being and its overall environmental health can be trusted to God, if God can fix anything,

why have anti-pollution laws at all?

Who ever claims that God said or is taking care of the Earth they are dead wrong. I assume that someone in this thread said it and you are not just assigning some unknown to that statement so you can attack it. Never the less God told us to take care of it. Whomever thinks otherwise is shirking their responsibility.

BUT that does not mean we have to listen nor act on CC BS.

So? So he is a creationist whatever that broad term might mean to you. Obama is a self professed creationist so what is your point?

So point out how him being a creationist, or how you know this fact, has effected his view on Climate Change. The CC fear mongers wail that there is no real climatologist speaking against the fear, here is one and you see how they are treated.

Obama is not claiming to be a scientist. Spencer is. He is also on the board of directors of the George C. Marshall Institute, a right-wing conservative think tank on scientific issues and public policy. He listed as an expert for the Heartland Institute.

Climate misinformer Roy Spencer

Ha, Obama is worse he sets government policy.

So what if he does believes something other then you about how man can into existance? It matters not one inch to climate change if he believes in INTELLIGENT DESIGN. But considering you know for sure he is so wrong that means you think yourself as the end all and be all of all knowledge. I don't think so.

Why you need to mix the two, climate and intelligent design, is quite curious. I assume because he is an actually climate scientist he must be destroyed by other means.

Actually, it matters very much. Why? If "God did it", which is what he believes, is all he can come up with wrt to the nature of the universe, that is fine for his personal life, but I don't want him near a public science lab, a satellite console, or anything else having to do with science, because he has already dulled his mind to science and the scientific process and obviously has no more curiosity to learn what nature is telling him because he has stopped listening to it. And so, as Neil DeGrasse Tyson once said, he is "useless on the frontier of understanding the nature of the world", and so is also wasting my tax dollars and everyone else's.

So you have completely closed your mind to a Creator God, and you don't trust him?

But I'll give you a chance, tell me how you think live came from non-life.

I can't close my mind to something that doesn't exist.

Life, all life, is chemistry. Every life process can be understood in biochemical terms. Even consciousness is an electrochemical process. It can be shut down or activated with chemicals or with an electrical or mechanical shock. And so life began as it continues today, via chemistry and the physical processes that sustain this universe.

door-slam-slamming-shutting.png

How bloody convenient is science. All you got to say it is chemistry and wolla you have the answer. No sir, there is speculation of how life came into being but there is no one that knows for sure. Yes they maybe able to create amino acids in the lab but that is a very, VERY far cry from DNA.

Let me tell you an old joke. God and a scientist get together and the scientist tells God that he too can create life from non-life, so God says, OK show me. The scientist picks up a handful of dirt to start and God says "Get your own dirt."

Last edited:
Obama is not claiming to be a scientist. Spencer is. He is also on the board of directors of the George C. Marshall Institute, a right-wing conservative think tank on scientific issues and public policy. He listed as an expert for the Heartland Institute.

Climate misinformer Roy Spencer

Ha, Obama is worse he sets government policy.

So what if he does believes something other then you about how man can into existance? It matters not one inch to climate change if he believes in INTELLIGENT DESIGN. But considering you know for sure he is so wrong that means you think yourself as the end all and be all of all knowledge. I don't think so.

Why you need to mix the two, climate and intelligent design, is quite curious. I assume because he is an actually climate scientist he must be destroyed by other means.

Actually, it matters very much. Why? If "God did it", which is what he believes, is all he can come up with wrt to the nature of the universe, that is fine for his personal life, but I don't want him near a public science lab, a satellite console, or anything else having to do with science, because he has already dulled his mind to science and the scientific process and obviously has no more curiosity to learn what nature is telling him because he has stopped listening to it. And so, as Neil DeGrasse Tyson once said, he is "useless on the frontier of understanding the nature of the world", and so is also wasting my tax dollars and everyone else's.

So you have completely closed your mind to a Creator God, and you don't trust him?

But I'll give you a chance, tell me how you think live came from non-life.

I can't close my mind to something that doesn't exist.

Life, all life, is chemistry. Every life process can be understood in biochemical terms. Even consciousness is an electrochemical process. It can be shut down or activated with chemicals or with an electrical or mechanical shock. And so life began as it continues today, via chemistry and the physical processes that sustain this universe.

door-slam-slamming-shutting.png

How bloody convenient is science. All you got to say it is chemistry and wolla you have the answer. No sir, there is speculation of how life came into being but there is no one that knows for sure. Yes they maybe able to create amino acids in the lab but that is a very, VERY far cry from DNA.

Let me tell you an old joke. God and a scientist get together and the scientist tells God that he too can create life from non-life, so God says, OK show me. The scientist picks up a handful of dirt to start and God says "Get your own dirt."

On the contrary, knowing that life is chemistry opens up many doors. And dude, we know that life is chemistry. Of this there can be no doubt. If it wasn't, all those pills you take for your 'condition' wouldn't work. But then, who knows, maybe they don't work for you.

I was pretty stoked to see a thread that was going to talk about the science behind global warming 'hottest years evah'. but as usual it is just 10 pages of personal attacks and nonsense. oh well.

BTW evolution is just a tool that adapts lifeforms. it has no explanations as to how life came into being in the first place. life is either an astronomically improbable fluke or ......

nmaps_thumb.gif

south america is pretty hot and is part of the reason for 'hottest year evahhhhhhhhhh'.

201401201412_thumb1_thumb.gif

hmmm....not a whole lot of data there. maybe we should check some.

puertoadj_thumb.gif

yup, it is as hot as can be and getting hotter! but wait, there are a few gaps in there. I wonder if it has always looked like that?

puertoraw_thumb.gif

what??????? the data from 2011 seems to look different!

30886086000_thumb.gif

good old adjustments. good thing we are a lot smarter now than in 2011

marisgif_thumb.gif

another one from the same area. do you want more? OK last one.

sangif_thumb.gif

tell me again how it is the hottest year ever.

check out Paul Homewood's site for more info on this and other locations. Massive Tampering With Temperatures In South America NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT

I was pretty stoked to see a thread that was going to talk about the science behind global warming 'hottest years evah'. but as usual it is just 10 pages of personal attacks and nonsense. oh well.

BTW evolution is just a tool that adapts lifeforms. it has no explanations as to how life came into being in the first place. life is either an astronomically improbable fluke or ......

Either/or argument.

Life is organic chemistry taken to the highest level. Chemistry is a branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of matter. There is nothing in the principles of chemistry that prevents life from forming from the basic organic molecules that exists throughout the universe. Given the principles of chemistry and the right conditions, I wager that life is inevitable.

Hey....how 'bout the president last night ending his SOTU address with what he does best........lying about everything, but in this care, the parts on climate change were especially bald faced!!!

What a line of shit..............:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

What's more accurate this 1950 analog technology temperature gauge

Attachments

• IMG_20150121_010639.jpg
    IMG_20150121_010639.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 59
Or this down to a tenth of degree

Attachments

• IMG_20150121_005721.jpg
    IMG_20150121_005721.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 55
And you dumb ass global warming cult want us to believe a guy wearing glasses 100 years ago reading a Thermometer Was just as accurate, from a print out of this? How fucking stupid do you think we are ?

Attachments

• IMG_20150121_005824.jpg
    IMG_20150121_005824.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The man made global warming cult in here don't even want to address my post? I have been in injection molding for 30 years , most plastics are heat sensitive, and the 60s analog crap is worlds apart from what we have today

That is true. The digital displays are obviously more accurate then what people had to do for decades before digital.
Just for a moment consider you are a volunteer temperature recording person standing in the heat or in the cold. Reading something like the below tell me
View attachment 36051

Those aren't the kind of thermometers they use in weather stations. The device below is for measuring barometric pressure, but the thermometers look similar and work similarly:

baltic.jpg
Hey brit how old is that tech, yea I know google is my friend, lol

Bernie Madoff biggest regret is not that he defrauded people, but that his chosen vehicle was stocks instead of global warming.

View attachment 36051

baltic.jpg
Hey brit how old is that tech, yea I know google is my friend, lol

I think they've been around for about 150 years, but the one above is new.

About barometric pressure googled it and simple ones been invented 1640, but I think the print out ones were invented around 1940s because I see alot of US patients around that time

Forum List

Back