Ice, ice and more ICE!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
So.....all of us here in New York and the northeast woke up yesterday morning to a skating rink on our roads!!! 5 people died. Hundreds of accidents and a few pile-ups......thousands of insurance claims.

5 killed as ice glazes highways in Northeast News - Home

Who predicted it would happen?

:2up:Nobody:2up:

Now........the fake/phoney/fraud AGW progressives will tell you, "Weather and climate have nothing to do with each other!!":50:

OK...well.......I guess I'm the asshole here!!!

Heres the real poop from Realville s0ns!! Nobody cares about global warming in 2014.........

Climate Change Not a Top Worry in U.S.

They've heard all the AGW bomb thrower predictions go wrong for years and when they see shit like yesterday,, they say to themselves, "These clowns cant predict shit 24 hours in advance.........and they are telling us we better all go to SMARTFORTWO cars tomorrow based upon speculation on temperatures 50 years from now!!! OK!!!!":fu:

yuk........yuk.............:flameth:

So.....all of us here in New York and the northeast woke up yesterday morning to a skating rink on our roads!!! 5 people died. Hundreds of accidents and a few pile-ups......thousands of insurance claims.

Now........the fake/phoney/fraud AGW progressives will tell you, "Weather and climate have nothing to do with each other!!":50:

Heres the real poop from Realville s0ns!! Nobody cares about global warming in 2014.........

They've heard all the AGW bomb thrower predictions go wrong for years and when they see shit like yesterday,, they say to themselves, "These clowns cant predict shit 24 hours in advance.........and they are telling us we better all go to SMARTFORTWO cars tomorrow based upon speculation on temperatures 50 years from now!!! OK!!!!":fu:

Nothing warms the heart and soul(and even the feet and toes) of a Southerner better than the thought of Yankees suffering in their frozen Hell!!!!

JC.....Billy......West.......Frank........let the newest round of AGW flaming begin............:boobies::boobies::biggrin:
Hard frost here, will burn off by ten, expect 70 this afternoon.

Typical January in upland Louisiana.

Time to start turning over the gardens, and letting the frost kill weeds and bug before planting time.

We have about 30-40 days until we can expect some really nice weather.

Could come early, but could come late.

You never know around here.

Nothing warms the heart and soul(and even the feet and toes) of a Southerner better than the thought of Yankees suffering in their frozen Hell!!!!
It makes us truly appreciate Spring, Summer, and Fall...noticing every tweet from every bird, every flower blooming on trees, every light green leaf coming in to its own, every cricket chirping at night again...it's being 'Born Again', every Spring!

And moving up to New England from FLORIDA, after one year with the change of seasons, we were acclimated to the cold weather AND we absolutely LOVE snow....it makes it pretty verses all drab grey and brown....and it's fun to play in, skiing, tobogganing, sledding, ice hockey, snow mobiling, ice fishing etc....

variety is the spice of life... I love the change in weather....

And had this happened in Atlnata, the yankees would be here crowing about how southerners just don't know how to drive.

You are aware that people died due to the icing, right? And you make a comment like this? Wow. Just wow.

The issue isn't that 'ice occurs in the winter in the northeast'. The problem with this particular indicident is that the forecasters didn't forecast this until it was too late. I don't know if they knew conditions were ripe for this or not. I do know that by the time it was being widely broadcast we were in the thick of it. At 7am my daughter left for work and the roads were dry. This all occurred a bit later - 8am-2pm or so - and people simply didn't know or were in the midst of travelling when the freezing occurred. Horrible, horrible accidents all over the Philadelphia area (and elsewhere). Very, very sad. http://6abc.com/traffic/3-killed-in-schuylkill-expressway-blue-route-crashes-idd/479747/

There are many things to do in New York when rain is followed by freezing temperatures. Driving a car on the icy roads is not one of them.

And had this happened in Atlnata, the yankees would be here crowing about how southerners just don't know how to drive.

It would have been worse by ten-fold because the south is not used to it; many more deaths would have occurred.

Probably not because we, for the most part, know at least to slow down.

Thanks for proving my point. You'd be one of the statistics because you'd still be out driving around. Staying off the roads during icing is what keeps one alive. Those who think they can drive on it are the ones who end up in accidents or worse.

One of the luckiest people on earth. He walked away with two band aids.

481043_630x354.jpg

http://6abc.com/news/driver-pinned-between-two-semi-trucks/481039/

It would have been worse by ten-fold because the south is not used to it; many more deaths would have occurred.

Probably not because we, for the most part, know at least to slow down.

Thanks for proving my point. You'd be one of the statistics because you'd still be out driving around. Staying off the roads during icing is what keeps one alive. Those who think they can drive on it are the ones who end up in accidents or worse.

Since I have never had an accident while driving in icy weather, history suggests that I am one of the ones who can, in fact, drive on ice.

We all know that skookerasbil likes to use normal winter weather in the northern tier states as proof that AGW is a hoax. Everytime he/she does this his attempt turns out to be a fail!
I haven't made up my mind on the subject, but when I see posts like skookerasbil's it makes me wonder about the validity of his credibility. :dunno:

We all know that skookerasbil likes to use normal winter weather in the northern tier states as proof that AGW is a hoax. Everytime he/she does this his attempt turns out to be a fail!
I haven't made up my mind on the subject, but when I see posts like skookerasbil's it makes me wonder about the validity of his credibility. :dunno:

There is ample other evidence of this if you care enough to look for it. The data from the Greenland ice-shelf alone refutes much of what is claimed. If you want something more practical, they wouldn't be finding frozen mammoth in siberia if siberia had not at some point prior to the invention of the internal combustion engine not been frozen over at some point. Pollution is bad for other reasons, but upending modern society on a scheme designed at getting grant money and government research contracts is hardly worth the cost to humanity.

Well, damn, who woulda thunk of the possibility of ice on the road in New York State in January. Unheard of!

Not the point Ray......none of the local forecasters said ANYTHING about ice. Everyone and their brother was talking about it around here yesterday and today.

When your ordinary person who couldn't care less about climate change see's stuff like that happen, sorta tough to take seriously predictions of climate scientists talking about temperatures 10.....20.....50 years from now......when they fuck up just 24 hours before an event.

Doesn't matter the whole mantra about weather and climate being different........try telling that to your average Joe and he'll split his sides laughing.

And that's the point.........it is also why when pollsters go out ask people if they are concerned about global warming, there are at least 20......count 'em.......20 things they are more concerned about = they don't give a rats ass about global warming.

What can I say? Im an eternal fatalist and say it like it is........or, one might just call it being blunt.:coffee:

Anyway......you didn't connect the dots on the post s0n.......the point was, nobody predicted the ice. Nobody. You have to be a mental cases to buy predictions on the climate 20-40 years from now when they cant get it right with 24 hours of lead time using the best computers. It would explain why every polls shows clearly that nobody cares about global warming in 2014.:2up:

Anyway s0n........you hail from Minneapolis..........nobody cares about Minneapolis.:boobies::boobies::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back