Climate scepticism 'on the rise'

BBC News - Climate scepticism 'on the rise', BBC poll shows

Looks like there has been a huge shift in belief about Global Warming since Climategate. At least in the UK where it was reported.
Sad. The science says unequivically that there is climate change. The rational and reasoned debate is over how and wht...not that it is not happening.

More stupid people...just what we need.

That is just the issue. ONe of the big arguments about the recent warming was is it out of line for what goes on, or is it caused by us.

It has been hotter, it has been colder. It must have been substantially hotter back in the Cretatias period because you got great big 20 foot tall cold blooded lizards wandering around MT and Saskatchewan, where temperatures these days get into double minus digits.

And my problem has not been with the concept of rising temperature. But with the idea that going into poverty is remediation.

If they had not fudged the numbers, they would be in better shape. However they had to fudge the numbers to make their point.
Interesting and lacking the lunacy of avatar and the hysteria of Fitz.

I was unaware we are going into poverty because of climate science. Are there any factual...not fudged...numbers to support this notion? Are there non ideological sources for the claim that we are going into povert because of climate science?

Or is this a prediction of a future that hasn't arrived yet?

btw, I am NOT shocked that a few scientists played with data. Happens more than most would admit. We lived with fudged data for generations...Dow Chemical, Big Tobacco, US Government Agencies, Political Campaigns...Vitamin Industry, alternative health practitioners, Autism Industry,...

get the hint?

I HAVE NO AGENDA, BUT IT IS CLEAR YOU DO.

My agenda is to end the lies of environmentalism, and stop people from preventing the growth of capitalism, industrialization, individual freedom and the improvement of the human race through technology by reasonable use of natural resources. I believe mankind is to be a good caretaker of the planet for his own benefit.

The goals of environmentalism is to stop capitalism, industrialization and force people into collective control of the populace, and limit the improvement of life through technology for the sake of earth worship and belief that mankind is a danger to the world that must be stopped.

ecofascist shit. I have no idea wtf you are babbling about. I would guess most normal people would not either. Do you watch FOX NEWS talk show often?

conclusively? If that were the standard for dealing with threats to health we would only now be putting warnings on Cigarette packaging.

When the preponderance of sata suggets one thing...no matter how wrong the conclusion can be....it is unwise to heed no warnings. Science cannot always protect us from our own stupidity, but it can help.

put aside the hysteria and ideology and deal with the data. Stop focusing on a narrow area of contention and drawing correlations and suppositions because of some invented ideological agenda.

shame on you!
Obviously this is not a topic you are not able to fathom or comprehend the players involved in the struggle over who controls your life and freedom. My goal is to maintain a world where you can have your freedom to live the life you desire, but not have a say on someone else's life that does not harm you.

Last edited:
Dante said:
nteresting and lacking the lunacy of avatar and the hysteria of Fitz.

I was unaware we are going into poverty because of climate science. Are there any factual...not fudged...numbers to support this notion? Are there non ideological sources for the claim that we are going into povert because of climate science?

They want to tax us huge amounts of money for using carbon fuels, transfer the money to folks just because they are poor, and they don't really seem to care that much whether their prescriptions solve the problem or not.

Global Warming seems not to be so much science, as an excuse for business as usual by the world wide rip off class.

It is an interesting scientific topic, and I would welcome an honest discussion on how much is us, and how much is nature, and how much they interact.

But I am suspicious of the same old solution which does not address the problem is more important than a good understanding of the process.

And as of yet, the models don't match up with what really happens.

Just because self interested groups have fudged numbers is not an excuse here, as what the hysterics are demanding as remedy is so extreme, and the correlation between what what we are doing and the actual change in climate is so very tenuous.

I just get very suspicious of anyone whose basic arguments amounts to "I have discovered an emergency that wasn't there yesterday. Hand over your wallet and I will rescue you! from _____________(Martians, Global warming, global cooling, DDT, Alar, your own pick)"

Sad. The science says unequivically that there is climate change. The rational and reasoned debate is over how and wht...not that it is not happening.

That is just the issue. ONe of the big arguments about the recent warming was is it out of line for what goes on, or is it caused by us.

It has been hotter, it has been colder. It must have been substantially hotter back in the Cretatias period because you got great big 20 foot tall cold blooded lizards wandering around MT and Saskatchewan, where temperatures these days get into double minus digits.

And my problem has not been with the concept of rising temperature. But with the idea that going into poverty is remediation.

If they had not fudged the numbers, they would be in better shape. However they had to fudge the numbers to make their point.
Interesting and lacking the lunacy of avatar and the hysteria of Fitz.

btw, I am NOT shocked that a few scientists played with data. Happens more than most would admit. We lived with fudged data for generations...Dow Chemical, Big Tobacco, US Government Agencies, Political Campaigns...Vitamin Industry, alternative health practitioners, Autism Industry,...

get the hint?

Your right, you don't know all that much. But please quit ignoring all the research destruction with the global warming alarmists. Please don't ignore that the IPCC threw out 90% of the studies on global warming, and kept the 10% cherry picked papers to prove the science is settled.
Yeah it shouldn't be a poltical agenda, but the global warming fear mongers made it that way, and you fell for it. Your the tool that they were reaching for.
Try and neg me, and we can have an all night neg rep fest. let's see who gets to zero first, OK?

Shame on me? HAH! That's funny.

5 stories in the last week or so that have shown the IPCC has lied about pretty much EVERY foundation they had saying that climate change was happening and it was man's fault.

And you have the audacity to say "Shame on me"??

What an unmitigated cretin you are.

I do not say warming is all man made. The science of climate change doe not say that either.

shame on you yes...because you bring a political ideology to the table. If the science says global warming is not mostly man made...it meams nothing to me.

I do not have a political agenda when it comes to science. Sad that you do.
The whole point of the climate change movement was it was "man made" and "government could levy taxes and control behavior" to fix the problem, "that man caused" You missed the whole argument.

Shame on me? HAH! That's funny.

5 stories in the last week or so that have shown the IPCC has lied about pretty much EVERY foundation they had saying that climate change was happening and it was man's fault.

And you have the audacity to say "Shame on me"??

What an unmitigated cretin you are.

I do not say warming is all man made. The science of climate change doe not say that either.

shame on you yes...because you bring a political ideology to the table. If the science says global warming is not mostly man made...it means nothing to me.

The whole point of the climate change movement was it was "man made" and "government could levy taxes and control behavior" to fix the problem, "that man caused" You missed the whole argument.

The climate change science is not restricted to global warming....man made or other. It is my undestanding that there are multiple causes of climate change.

Studying climate change is studying the history of climate throughout the ages using a variety of scientific techniques.

This crazy shit is what happens when moonbats and wingnuts use science as an ideological or religious tool

most normal people would walk away from Fritz and avatar during a converstion. most normal people go with the data and the preponderance of data and anectdotal evidence.

most normal people do not look at science as a left/right, lib/con issue.

Most right wingers go on and on and on about Al Gore and climate science. I know very few people who care...left or right. Just the fringe lunatics seem to really really care.

:cuckoo:

Obviously this is not a topic you are not able to fathom or comprehend the players involved in the struggle over who controls your life and freedom. .

My goal is to maintain a world where you can have your freedom to live the life you desire, but not have a say on someone else's life that does not harm you.

I can't believe you just posted this shit. :rofl:

You and Pontifucus Blowhard! LOL

shame on you yes...because you bring a political ideology to the table. If the science says global warming is not mostly man made...it means nothing to me.

The climate change science is not restricted to global warming....man made or other. It is my undestanding that there are multiple causes of climate change.

Studying climate change is studying the history of climate throughout the ages using a variety of scientific techniques.

This crazy shit is what happens when moonbats and wingnuts use science as an ideological or religious tool

most normal people would walk away from Fritz and avatar during a converstion. most normal people go with the data and the preponderance of data and anectdotal evidence.

most normal people do not look at science as a left/right, lib/con issue.

Most right wingers go on and on and on about Al Gore and climate science. I know very few people who care...left or right. Just the fringe lunatics seem to really really care.

:cuckoo:

I see you didn't read Mr Fitnah's links....it's very enlightening, and really not political...just some facts, Dante....geeze why do I want to call you Devnell?
Comes down to garbage in, garbage out

Looks like there has been a huge shift in belief about Global Warming since Climategate. At least in the UK where it was reported.

The UK and EU in general has much more information by their MSM than the US does. Why? Ask WaPo and NYT. BBC and Times have carried investigative reports since the climategate emails were released, what they are reporting is having an effect. Even AFP and The Guardian, both pro-AGW have gotten on board. Just like here, when people get the information they want the truth. Until then, skepticism will continue to rise.

They want to tax us huge amounts of money for using carbon fuels, transfer the money to folks just because they are poor, and they don't really seem to care that much whether their prescriptions solve the problem or not.

Global Warming seems not to be so much science, as an excuse for business as usual by the world wide rip off class.

It is an interesting scientific topic, and I would welcome an honest discussion on how much is us, and how much is nature, and how much they interact.

But I am suspicious of the same old solution which does not address the problem is more important than a good understanding of the process.

Just because self interested groups have fudged numbers is not an excuse here, as what the hysterics are demanding as remedy is so extreme, and the correlation between what what we are doing and the actual change in climate is so very tenuous.

I just get very suspicious of anyone whose basic arguments amounts to "I have discovered an emergency that wasn't there yesterday. Hand over your wallet and I will rescue you! from _____________(Martians, Global warming, global cooling, DDT, Alar, your own pick)"

I have no idea who has turned over their wallets.

I suggest both sides of the ideological debate outside of the data, are basing opinions on bullshit. One side has discovered an agenda and the other side has invented a reactionary response to it.

lunacy

There's always been 'climate change', the purported cause and the manipulation of data is what is undermining science. Couple this with the Lancet apology over vaccinations and one realizes that it's been scientists that have broken faith with the people and it's truly a case of follow the money.

Fine Dantefuck, you wanna ding anyone that disagrees with your terminal stupidity, you can have some neg rep back. Piddly as it may be, I'll just keep dinging if you wanna rep-whore like this thinking you can scare people.

You're right, he is a bully. He's also ignorant and spreading lies about what has occurred regarding the 'science.' I bullied back. Oh he'll ding me again, no doubt.

I suggest both sides of the ideological debate outside of the data, are basing opinions on bullshit. One side has discovered an agenda and the other side has invented a reactionary response to it.

lunacy

I'm sure you meant one side has created an agenda

VitoScotti-GilligansIsland.jpg

You rie abou groba warmy!...It for rear!

Now, move arong...You my prisna!

lunacy

So far, no one has had to. The burglars got caught before they could get anything out of the cookie jar this time.

It is always important to remember to ask pertinent (and impertinent) questions whenever someone is creating a crisis for them to solve with your money. This is not a matter of ideology, this is just a matter of common sense.

Isnt it funny how the so called solutions for global warming/climate change just happens to be the same exact agenda they were advocating before they decided GW/CC was a problem?

Isn't it funny how they are calling it a crisis, yet they cant even prove it exists? If you think about the people pushing this agenda and realize these are the same people who say to never let a good crisis to go to waste, then naturally, you are going to be skeptical when all they have is their world and highly selective and fabricated information to support their position.

Also notice, that Dante's entire arguments consists of "If you disagree with me, you're stupid!" It's never been a very effective argument in my opinion.

Forum List

Back