Our government borrowed 2.5 million for a 30 second Superbowl ad

I can understand why they feel the need to get the word out. If Americans wake up and realize this Census is how the government determines how to throw billions of dollars away, they might not cooperate with the Census.

I guess the relevant question is: Is the census important?

Do we, as Americans, benefit from having the information gathered by the census? I would say, yes - we do gain valuable insight into the way our nation has changed and the direction it is heading...in many different areas. We use that information in numerous fields; education, medicine, economics, etc. etc.

With that in mind, I can see nothing wrong with the government using tax-payer dollars at a moment when not only are millions of Americans watching the same thing - but also not muting or fast forwarding through commercials...to alert people that the census is coming, what it is, why it matters, etc.

The Census is important. It is required by the Constitution

There is no better place to get the word out than the Super Bowl

You dont think it would be wiser to use cheaper advertisement venues to get more than one 30 second commercial at a time when people are going to be too drunk to care?

You dont think it would be wiser to use cheaper advertisement venues to get more than one 30 second commercial at a time when people are going to be too drunk to care?

There is alot of misinformation out there about the Census

I wonder where it is coming from?

i have no problem with government paying for this. 2.5 million, thats nothing to the government and in scope of the census, its not that much money.

i would rather the government pay for it than simply commandeer the air time, you know, like obama did when he had his health "interview" with cbs or abc...i don't remember...

Having now seen the "census" commercials, I have to say that I think that those commercials were a TOTAL waste of money.

Forum List

Back