Climate scepticism 'on the rise'

Science needs to be transparent in order to be replicated, otherwise it isn't scientific, no matter how many degrees are hung on the wall.

The great global warming collapse - The Globe and Mail

the conclusion of the article:

...None of this is to say that global warming isn't real, or that human activity doesn't play a role, or that the IPCC is entirely wrong, or that measures to curb greenhouse-gas emissions aren't valid. But the strategy pursued by activists (including scientists who have crossed the line into advocacy) has turned out to be fatally flawed.

By exaggerating the certainties, papering over the gaps, demonizing the skeptics and peddling tales of imminent catastrophe, they've discredited the entire climate-change movement. The political damage will be severe. As Mr. Mead succinctly puts it: “Skeptics up, Obama down, cap-and-trade dead.” That also goes for Canada, whose climate policies are inevitably tied to those of the United States.

“I don't think it's healthy to dismiss proper skepticism,” says John Beddington, the chief scientific adviser to the British government. He is a staunch believer in man-made climate change, but he also points out the complexity of climate science. “Science grows and improves in the light of criticism. There is a fundamental uncertainty about climate change prediction that can't be changed.” In his view, it's time to stop circling the wagons and throw open the doors. How much the public will keep caring is another matter.

Isnt it funny how the so called solutions for global warming/climate change just happens to be the same exact agenda they were advocating before they decided GW/CC was a problem?

Isn't it funny how they are calling it a crisis, yet they cant even prove it exists? If you think about the people pushing this agenda and realize these are the same people who say to never let a good crisis to go to waste, then naturally, you are going to be skeptical when all they have is their world and highly selective and fabricated information to support their position.

Also notice, that Dante's entire arguments consists of "If you disagree with me, you're stupid!" It's never been a very effective argument in my opinion.

naw, don't confuse the commentary with the argument. It makes you look...well...stupid.

you have an agenda. your attitude is climate science is a Dem/Rep or con/lib issue....and it is not. science is science. I said before that the fudging of data happens all the time in every field. no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

you people commit abortion on demand with the truth, all to score insane points fed to you by far rigt wing media mouth pieces.

:cuckoo:

Sad. The science says unequivically that there is climate change. The rational and reasoned debate is over how and wht...not that it is not happening.

More stupid people...just what we need.

That is just the issue. ONe of the big arguments about the recent warming was is it out of line for what goes on, or is it caused by us.

It has been hotter, it has been colder. It must have been substantially hotter back in the Cretatias period because you got great big 20 foot tall cold blooded lizards wandering around MT and Saskatchewan, where temperatures these days get into double minus digits.

And my problem has not been with the concept of rising temperature. But with the idea that going into poverty is remediation.

If they had not fudged the numbers, they would be in better shape. However they had to fudge the numbers to make their point.
Interesting and lacking the lunacy of avatar and the hysteria of Fitz.

I was unaware we are going into poverty because of climate science. Are there any factual...not fudged...numbers to support this notion? Are there non ideological sources for the claim that we are going into povert because of climate science?

Or is this a prediction of a future that hasn't arrived yet?

btw, I am NOT shocked that a few scientists played with data. Happens more than most would admit. We lived with fudged data for generations...Dow Chemical, Big Tobacco, US Government Agencies, Political Campaigns...Vitamin Industry, alternative health practitioners, Autism Industry,...

get the hint?

what is this? an argument? oh! oh my.

It completely amazes me the number of people that have fallen for the global warming scam. I would have thought that rational people would have remembered their grade school science classes where they learned of the symbiotic relationship between plants and animals. Refresher.. animals BREATHE in OXYGEN and emit CARBON DIOXIDE. Plants ABSORB CARBON DIOXIDE and release OXYGEN into the air. Nature provided balance.

Obviously this is not a topic you are not able to fathom or comprehend the players involved in the struggle over who controls your life and freedom. .

My goal is to maintain a world where you can have your freedom to live the life you desire, but not have a say on someone else's life that does not harm you.

I can't believe you just posted this shit. :rofl:

You and Pontifucus Blowhard! LOL
This from the poster with the intellectual capacity of a squashed apricot.

Please, go back to the DU and dribble in private. You'd be hailed as the next Galileo there.

what's up with truth?
...revelations are creating growing public confusion over climate change.

A poll by Ipsos on behalf of environmental consultancy firm Euro RSCG revealed that the proportion of the public who believe in the reality of climate change has dropped from 44 per cent to 31per cent in the past year.

The proportion of people who believe that climate change is a bit over-exaggerated rose from 22 per cent to 31per cent.

Climate scientists have expressed frustration with the IPCC’s use of unreliable evidence.

Alan Thorpe, chief executive of the Natural Environment Research Council, the biggest funder of climate science in the UK, said: “We should only be dealing with peer-reviewed literature. We open ourselves up to trouble if we start getting into hearsay and grey literature. We have enough research that has been peer-reviewed to provide evidence for climate change, so it is concerning that the IPCC has strayed from that.”

why do partisan hacks @ USMB ignore this...

Last edited:
what's up with truth?

A poll by Ipsos on behalf of environmental consultancy firm Euro RSCG revealed that the proportion of the public who believe in the reality of climate change has dropped from 44 per cent to 31per cent in the past year.

The proportion of people who believe that climate change is a bit over-exaggerated rose from 22 per cent to 31per cent.

Climate scientists have expressed frustration with the IPCC’s use of unreliable evidence.

Alan Thorpe, chief executive of the Natural Environment Research Council, the biggest funder of climate science in the UK, said: “We should only be dealing with peer-reviewed literature. We open ourselves up to trouble if we start getting into hearsay and grey literature. We have enough research that has been peer-reviewed to provide evidence for climate change, so it is concerning that the IPCC has strayed from that.”
Give it up Devnell, this is only the tip of the iceberg....stay tuned.

I do not say warming is all man made. The science of climate change doe not say that either.

shame on you yes...because you bring a political ideology to the table. If the science says global warming is not mostly man made...it means nothing to me.

I do not have a political agenda when it comes to science. Sad that you do.
The whole point of the climate change movement was it was "man made" and "government could levy taxes and control behavior" to fix the problem, "that man caused" You missed the whole argument.

The climate change science is not restricted to global warming....man made or other. It is my undestanding that there are multiple causes of climate change.

Studying climate change is studying the history of climate throughout the ages using a variety of scientific techniques.

This crazy shit is what happens when moonbats and wingnuts use science as an ideological or religious tool

most normal people would walk away from Fritz and avatar during a converstion. most normal people go with the data and the preponderance of data and anectdotal evidence.

most normal people do not look at science as a left/right, lib/con issue.

Most right wingers go on and on and on about Al Gore and climate science. I know very few people who care...left or right. Just the fringe lunatics seem to really really care.

Studying climate change is studying the history of climate throughout the ages using a variety of scientific techniques.

The GW/CC argument began to fall apart when the "science: being used was was "questionable"

Co2 does not cause warming it is a a trailing indicator .
It was virtually an act of high treason to point that out .

It was insanity to explain that there were volcanoes under the polar ice caps that contribute to ice melt.
The Media failed to ask any questions of GW/CC proponants about this

If you tried to explain that floating ice would not make water levels rise you were told you failed 5th grade science .

No, it was never political
5:00 mark

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AvqORJpKxU]YouTube - Barack Obama - This Was The Moment[/ame]

Dante said:
I CAN'T BELIEVE HE POSTS THIS KIND OF SHIT. LOL
If I were he, I'd fight to forever remain anonymous.

that's because you're a coward, Dante/Devnell whomever you really are.

The fact you can't comprehend my point really is depressing, but not surprising.

So nice call out. It illustrates your (lack of) character so well.

Dante said:

The fact you can't comprehend my point really is depressing, but not surprising.

That is just the issue. ONe of the big arguments about the recent warming was is it out of line for what goes on, or is it caused by us.

It has been hotter, it has been colder. It must have been substantially hotter back in the Cretatias period because you got great big 20 foot tall cold blooded lizards wandering around MT and Saskatchewan, where temperatures these days get into double minus digits.

And my problem has not been with the concept of rising temperature. But with the idea that going into poverty is remediation.

If they had not fudged the numbers, they would be in better shape. However they had to fudge the numbers to make their point.
Interesting and lacking the lunacy of avatar and the hysteria of Fitz.

I was unaware we are going into poverty because of climate science. Are there any factual...not fudged...numbers to support this notion? Are there non ideological sources for the claim that we are going into povert because of climate science?

Or is this a prediction of a future that hasn't arrived yet?

btw, I am NOT shocked that a few scientists played with data. Happens more than most would admit. We lived with fudged data for generations...Dow Chemical, Big Tobacco, US Government Agencies, Political Campaigns...Vitamin Industry, alternative health practitioners, Autism Industry,...

get the hint?

what is this? an argument? oh! oh my.

DU? Poor Ritz, thinks Dante posts @ DU? :rofl:

What a huge douche Fitz has turned out to be. A Douche and a Blowhard...what a mutt!
:cool:
D.

I doubt it. To make a wingnut fly, would defy scientific rules.
what's up with truth?

Tip of the iceberg? cute.

But this issue has nothing to do with the science done on climate change. It has everything to do with a few idiots who are partisan hacks...on all sides.

Scientific observations in climate science are NOT based on the work of the great wingunt enemy...the IPCC.

It was insanity to explain that there were volcanoes under the polar ice caps that contribute to ice melt.
If you tried to explain that floating ice would not make water levels rise you were told you failed 5th grade science .
[/auote]why do partisan hacks @ USMB ignore this...

Wow! Wingunts have a minnow nibbling on their line and they think they've landed a shark.

go figure

what's up with truth?

Okay, I'm reading this article, and yeah? So? It's making my point.

The IPCC lied deliberately or incidentally about the danger of climate change.

The science is far from settled for the sources used by the IPCC often were not peer reviewed and from politically biased sources pushing an agenda.

It is still unproven that Mankind in any way affects global climate. It has long since been established we can affect small pockets of local weather though.

There is no reason for draconian eco-fascism to be adopted by any nation in an effort to stop a phenomenon they cannot control.

So what truth am I missing? Did I misread a single line that is buried in the story here?

When you have the facts on your side, you argue the facts.
When you have the law on your side, you argue the law.
When you have nothing, you smear your opponent.

Dante, what have you got now that you've made my case for me?

I doubt it. To make a wingnut fly, would defy scientific rules.
what's up with truth?
Tip of the iceberg? cute.

But this issue has nothing to do with the science done on climate change. It has everything to do with a few idiots who are partisan hacks...on all sides.

Scientific observations in climate science are NOT based on the work of the great wingunt enemy...the IPCC.

Then....just exactly what is your point?
Scientific observations have been part of this agenda.
Some of the research has been destroyed....for what possible purpose?
Why only 10% of the scientific papers submitted were used, and not 90%?
You act like all the research is there, and it's not, just selected research.

Wow! Wingunts have a minnow nibbling on their line and they think they've landed a shark.

go figure

You really aren't comprehending what is being stated to you with sources to back what is being said. This is the EXACT problem with your biased opinion, and others like you. Your confronted with facts, so goes the slandering of the messenger.
brilliant, just brilliant. :cuckoo:

go figure
What are you posting about .
What is the point you are trying to make?
Just to sling insults?

Dante said:

The fact that you are clueless as well as immune to he normal human constraints of shame and embarrassment is a side issue.

Your delusion that you are anything more than a wingnut on an internet message board, and the hallucinations you suffer that have you being some sort of a tribune of the people, is hilarious as well as sad.

Climate change science is not dependant upon the IPCC and the fate of anyone even yourself, is not dependant on your delusions

and we all should thank gawd for that fact. :lol:

go figure
What are you posting about .
What is the point you are trying to make?
Just to sling insults?
Disputing Right Wing Lunacy @ USMB (RWL @ USMB) is now tantamount to no argument?

geesh.

as to the insults...go back and read the time line. I only up the ante. I do not always get to be first in setting the tone.

thank you for being true to character...a douche.

Forum List

Back