Climate Change Deniers Debunked

So, we had a very steep spike in temperature back then without CO2 forcing

And if anyone said that CO2 was the only factor involved in climate, that would matter.

Your logic is bad. It's basically like saying "Forest fires happened naturally in the past, so obviously humans can't cause forest fires now." The fact that climate changed naturally in the past does not preclude humans from causing it to change.

In the meantime, we had the Roman Warming Period, followed by cooling, and then a Medieval Warming Period, followed by a mini Ice Age, and back to warming for the last 400 years or so. The data, therefore, suggests a lot of natural non-anthro variation in climate.

All local variations. Noise on the signal. The globe as a whole has been slowly cooling.

We also see the stratospheric cooling, the outgoing longwave radiation decrease, the downgoing longwave radiation increase. There are no natural explanations for such directly observed data, hence such data is regarded as a smoking gun for greenhouse-gas induced global warming. Global warming theory is the only theory that explains all the observed data, therefore it is the accepted theory. If you can come up with a different theory that explains all the observed data, you'll be the first.

Your graph provides no link to a source. My guess is that it depends on amplifiers which triple the effect of CO2 if it's like other graphs I've investigated.

The source is the IPCC AR5 report, which is the summary of the current science. It displays only current forcings, and makes no assumptions about feedbacks.

Fifth Assessment Report - Climate Change 2013

Chapter 8, page 698, with the whole chapter being about how the forcings are calculated.

So, we had a very steep spike in temperature back then without CO2 forcing

And if anyone said that CO2 was the only factor involved in climate, that would matter.

Your logic is bad. It's basically like saying "Forest fires happened naturally in the past, so obviously humans can't cause forest fires now." The fact that climate changed naturally in the past does not preclude humans from causing it to change.

In the meantime, we had the Roman Warming Period, followed by cooling, and then a Medieval Warming Period, followed by a mini Ice Age, and back to warming for the last 400 years or so. The data, therefore, suggests a lot of natural non-anthro variation in climate.

All local variations. Noise on the signal. The globe as a whole has been slowly cooling.

We also see the stratospheric cooling, the outgoing longwave radiation decrease, the downgoing longwave radiation increase. There are no natural explanations for such directly observed data, hence such data is regarded as a smoking gun for greenhouse-gas induced global warming. Global warming theory is the only theory that explains all the observed data, therefore it is the accepted theory. If you can come up with a different theory that explains all the observed data, you'll be the first.

Your graph provides no link to a source. My guess is that it depends on amplifiers which triple the effect of CO2 if it's like other graphs I've investigated.

The source is the IPCC AR5 report, which is the summary of the current science. It displays only current forcings, and makes no assumptions about feedbacks.

Fifth Assessment Report - Climate Change 2013

Chapter 8, page 698, with the whole chapter being about how the forcings are calculated.

Why do you make things up? The stratosphere is not warming and the TOA measurements have risen, not declined.
AR5 is fatally flawed and a political pile of crap.

Billy, how can we see deep freeze you swear is upon the world? Do we need special glasses?

Of course the stratosphere isn't warming. It's cooling, as as I keep saying, and that's one of the fingerprints of greenhouse-gas-caused global warming. There is no natural explanation for the stratospheric cooling. If it was the sun causing the current warming, then the stratosphere would be warming.

Billy, how can we see deep freeze you swear is upon the world? Do we need special glasses?

Of course the stratosphere isn't warming. It's cooling, as as I keep saying, and that's one of the fingerprints of greenhouse-gas-caused global warming. There is no natural explanation for the stratospheric cooling. If it was the sun causing the current warming, then the stratosphere would be warming.
Except surface temperatures aren't warming

Link?

How much has the global temperature risen in the last 100 years UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

Global average temperature since 1880. This graph from NOAA shows the annual trend in average global air temperature in degrees Celsius, through December 2013. For each year, the range of uncertainty is indicated by the gray vertical bars. The blue line tracks the changes in the trend over time. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

Looks like a rapid and substancial rise to me.

30 years of above-average temperatures means the climate has changed

30yearsofabo.png

Temperature history for every year from 1880-2014. Credit: NOAA National Climatic Data Center

You can interpret variability over land as the driver of the ups and downs seen in the global graph. There are four years from 1976 onwards when the land was below average; the last time the land temperature was cool enough for the globe to be at or below average was February 1985. The flirtation with below-average temps was tiny – primarily worth noting in the spirit of accurate record keeping. Looking at any of these graphs, it's obvious that earlier times were cooler and more recent times are warmer. None of the fluctuations over land since 1976 provide evidence contrary to the observation that the Earth is warming.

Read more at: 30 years of above-average temperatures means the climate has changed

Holy Shit Batman..............................The earth is on fire..................by a study that shows .6 temperature rise over a whole 30 year period.................................................

Al Gore has put up the Batman light in the sky............................time to save the planet........................

Ummmmm Batman..............the earth has been warming since the last ice age................

shhhhhhh..............a lot of green is on the line here..............shhhhhhhh

And yet only the adjusted data sets show warming... If you take the raw data and analyze it we have been cooling since the mid 1970's

Whom to believe.. Data manipulators and activists or the raw unaltered data....???

Again there has been no warming for over 18 years 6 months..

And the satellite Data confirms it.

RSS UAH comparison V6.JPG

Link?

How much has the global temperature risen in the last 100 years UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

Global average temperature since 1880. This graph from NOAA shows the annual trend in average global air temperature in degrees Celsius, through December 2013. For each year, the range of uncertainty is indicated by the gray vertical bars. The blue line tracks the changes in the trend over time. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

Looks like a rapid and substancial rise to me.

30 years of above-average temperatures means the climate has changed

30yearsofabo.png

Temperature history for every year from 1880-2014. Credit: NOAA National Climatic Data Center

You can interpret variability over land as the driver of the ups and downs seen in the global graph. There are four years from 1976 onwards when the land was below average; the last time the land temperature was cool enough for the globe to be at or below average was February 1985. The flirtation with below-average temps was tiny – primarily worth noting in the spirit of accurate record keeping. Looking at any of these graphs, it's obvious that earlier times were cooler and more recent times are warmer. None of the fluctuations over land since 1976 provide evidence contrary to the observation that the Earth is warming.

Read more at: 30 years of above-average temperatures means the climate has changed
Already been posted . Go read theAR5 report. It's been Put on here hundred of times in all the threads that you already know of. Link is IPCC report.

Yes, the planet HAS stopped warming. The data manipulation that the warmers have had to resort too is all the evidence you need to show that that is a fact.

Projection, prediction..... Are we arguing over what the definition of "is" is?

The temperature reading used to be. Now that there has been wholesale data falsification that is no longer true.

Who gives a shit. Consensus is the language of politics, not science.

Actually, yes it is the Suns fault.

This is correct. There currently is no global cooling. Wait a few years though and there WILL be a discernible marker.

Yes it has been MUCH warmer. So why try to hide that fact?

Yes, the Antarctic sea ice is increasing. So is most of the Ice sheet itself. The one exception being the peninsula. A small percentage of the whole continent.

This link is one hell of a fail....

Now THERE is that juvenile gratification that you warmers seem to crave. The expectation being that the Earth's climate system is as instantly responsive as my zero-turn mower. That because the stratosphere isn't warming INSTANTLY or "now" that somehow is all you need to dismiss the history of that parameter.

you need to get over this childish expectation that we are only looking at parameters that are shaped and scaled exactly like the temperature record. It would be just weird if you happened to stumble onto one or more parameters with a hockey stick shape that explained it all..

Yes, the planet HAS stopped warming. The data manipulation that the warmers have had to resort too is all the evidence you need to show that that is a fact.

The temperature reading used to be. Now that there has been wholesale data falsification that is no longer true.

This is correct. There currently is no global cooling. Wait a few years though and there WILL be a discernible marker.

Yes, the Antarctic sea ice is increasing. So is most of the Ice sheet itself. The one exception being the peninsula. A small percentage of the whole continent.

If there were only some way for you to put all this information into some kind of context. I wonder who we could ask?

If there were only some way for you to put all this information into some kind of context. I wonder who we could ask?

Context? Whatever do you mean dear child?

Trust me on this one Luminal. There is no EASY way to get to the bottom of this issue. The context is often YEARS of carefully listening to the news and research..

Keep tuned in. Let us know what background info you might need..

Context? You know, the kind of context you can get from people with actual knowledge, people with some kind of background in science. Know what I mean?

Trust me on this one Luminal. There is no EASY way to get to the bottom of this issue. The context is often YEARS of carefully listening to the news and research..

Keep tuned in. Let us know what background info you might need..
When I find someone who's expertise didn't come from TV or the internet, I'll be sure to do that.

Context? You know, the kind of context you can get from people with actual knowledge, people with some kind of background in science. Know what I mean?

I merely pointed out that assertions made in the link, with one exception, were not factual. That's all the context a scientist ever needs.

Not asked of me, but..........................when the so called who's who of Climate change get caught Lying.........time and time again...........................why the hell should anyone trust them anymore................

Now THERE is that juvenile gratification that you warmers seem to crave. The expectation being that the Earth's climate system is as instantly responsive as my zero-turn mower. That because the stratosphere isn't warming INSTANTLY or "now" that somehow is all you need to dismiss the history of that parameter.

There goes flac again, invoking his magic theory that has never explained anything. It's a bit of pseudoscience he brings up when the real world makes him uncomfortable.

you need to get over this childish expectation that we are only looking at parameters that are shaped and scaled exactly like the temperature record. It would be just weird if you happened to stumble onto one or more parameters with a hockey stick shape that explained it all.

Let me remind you how science works. You create a theory to explain the observations, make testable predictions with it, and see if those predictions come true. AGW science has passing that test for decades now, which is why it has credibility. You're not doing science. You're invoking magic to explain why all those correct predictions weren't really correct predictions. If you want credibility, do some science. Create a theory and make testable predictions.

Forum List

Back