Clearing Up The Mystery Why HIV/AIDS Epidemic Keeps Getting Worse

How effective do you think the CDC's ad campaign to ask gay guys to be honest with each other is?

• Fine, it is a perfect solution. Gay guys will be honest with each other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Somewhat OK but it doesn't seem to be working.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A very poor choice. This subpopulation isn't going to suddenly curb its appetite to "get honest".

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
CDC Fact Sheet

The latest CDC estimates of new HIV infections (HIV incidence) in the United States indicate that HIV remains a serious health problem
The new analysis also finds two noteworthy trends among heavily affected populations: early signs of an encouraging decrease in new HIV infections among black women (21 percent decrease between 2008 and 2010**), and a troubling and continuing increase in new infections among young gay and bisexual men (22 percent increase over the same time period).....

...Men who have sex with men (MSM) remain the group most heavily affected by HIV in the United States. CDC estimates that MSM represent approximately 4 percent of the male population in the United States4 but male-to-male sex accounted for more than three-fourths (78 percent) of new HIV infections among men and nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of all new infections in 2010 (29,800)....

...The number of new infections among the youngest MSM (aged 13-24) increased 22 percent, from 7,200 infections in 2008 to 8,800 in 2010...

... There was a 12 percent increase in HIV incidence among MSM overall, from 26,700 in 2008 to 29,800 in 2010. http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/2012/HIV-Infections-2007-2010.pdf

Mystery solved.

The bottom line is that the gay population continues to drive the epidemic. The gay population accounts for about 60% of AIDS cases in the US even though they are only about 5% of the population.

Now that AIDS patients are living longer with new drugs to treat it, as well as a growing acceptance to the lifestyle, it should be no wonder that the epidemic is increasing.

Instead of outlawing biggie sodas and forcing kids in schools to eat healthy, maybe the government should focus on educating kids about how promiscuous and dangerous the gay lifestyle is.

The statistics in the CDC link at the top of this page say it's more like 2% of the population is gay, accounting for 70-something % of HIV.

'scuse me... It's 4% who account for 63% of all new HIV infections... You were really close Votto:

...Men who have sex with men (MSM) remain the group most heavily affected by HIV in the United States. CDC estimates that MSM represent approximately 4 percent of the male population in the United States4 but male-to-male sex accounted for more than three-fourths (78 percent) of new HIV infections among men and nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of all new infections in 2010 (29,800)....

You are obsessed with homosexuality.
I certainly wish that the arm of the CDC responsible for protecting the public's health from the spread of HIV would at least be obsessed with the etiology of homosexuality. You know, so they can actually make a plan that will reduce the new [since 2006 ish] increasing numbers of HIV in kids ages 13-24..... instead of relying on the mentally ill to do it for them...

I certainly wish that the arm of the CDC responsible for protecting the public's health from the spread of HIV would at least be obsessed with the etiology of homosexuality. You know, so they can actually make a plan that will reduce the new [since 2006 ish] increasing numbers of HIV in kids ages 13-24..... instead of relying on the mentally ill to do it for them...

You likely think about homosexuality more than the majority of homosexuals do.

Yes. That's the crucial difference. You nailed it.

I think about what homosexuality is, where it comes from and what causes it and where it's heading far far more than the average homosexual. And also far more than psychologists at the APA. Which is unfortunate because frankly I'd like a little time off from having to do their job for them.

Yes. That's the crucial difference. You nailed it.

I think about what homosexuality is, where it comes from and what causes it and where it's heading far far more than the average homosexual. And also far more than psychologists at the APA. Which is unfortunate because frankly I'd like a little time off from having to do their job for them.

Then give yourself that "time off"! Let go of your hate, free yourself from this obsession, release yourself from the shackles of this mindset you have developed that consumes you so!

Homosexuality will haunt your mind and dominate your thoughts until the day you die, unless you make the choice to just let go of it.

But you consider the homosexual population mentally ill simply because they are homosexual. If you want to classify those who engage in extremely risky behavior as mentally ill, I might agree. But this wholesale determination that all gays are mentally ill is nonsense.

And there is no cure for being gay.

But you consider the homosexual population mentally ill simply because they are homosexual. If you want to classify those who engage in extremely risky behavior as mentally ill, I might agree. But this wholesale determination that all gays are mentally ill is nonsense.

The CDC itself has found that this mental illness...instability...call it what you like is a "pervasive" "epidemic" at least among the gay male population. Note the parts in bold. But also read the whole thing for the laundry list of mental problems in gays. It isn't just me saying it. You should know by now that if I state something concrete, I've already done my homework...

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

The CDC itself has found that this mental illness...instability...call it what you like is a "pervasive" "epidemic" at least among the gay male population. Note the parts in bold. But also read the whole thing for the laundry list of mental problems in gays. It isn't just me saying it. You should know by now that if I state something concrete, I've already done my homework...

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

And, if the gay men were part of a study in 2005, they have been living in the world, as gay, for considerably longer.

How much of the self-destructive behavior is due to the societal view of homosexuality? Lesbians have always been seen as less dangerous or wrong, since women will admit experimenting and men love to watch. But gay men have faced horrendous pressures.

And, if the gay men were part of a study in 2005, they have been living in the world, as gay, for considerably longer.

How much of the self-destructive behavior is due to the societal view of homosexuality? Lesbians have always been seen as less dangerous or wrong, since women will admit experimenting and men love to watch. But gay men have faced horrendous pressures.

The fact that there was an epidemic of childhood molestation among gay men is your hint. When examining people for genesis of mental issues, one goes back to their childhood. No professional would dispute that in any seriousness. So, when the CDC reports that there is an "epidemic" of gay men having been molested as little boys by men, you look there first before you look at "how society judges their compulsive resulting behaviors" afterwards...

Your pleas that society is at fault are partially true. We are at fault for ignoring the plethora of gay men who were FIRST molested as little boys and then LATER shunned for their resulting manifestation [compulsive gay sex] of the symptoms of that original crime.

The solution of course is to neither judge these poor sufferers NOR ignore where their suffering came from. Asking these poor people to get society to embrace what was done to them is the sickest prescription of all IMHO. It is akin to urging society to get women who were raped as little girls to embrace their compulsive promiscuity thereafter as "natural and good".

You want a mind fuck? There you go. Don't wonder why so many gay men commit suicide. It may actually be their own "community" [of fellow sufferers] encouragement to embrace what was done to them instead of society's "lack of acceptance" that leads to their ultimate suicidal lifestyle...

Then give yourself that "time off"! Let go of your hate, free yourself from this obsession, release yourself from the shackles of this mindset you have developed that consumes you so!

Homosexuality will haunt your mind and dominate your thoughts until the day you die, unless you make the choice to just let go of it.

The minute the SCOTUS reiterates that each sovereign state's discreet community can say "yes" or "no" to gay marriage [and the promotion of HIV behaviors as "normal" thereby..] since the founding of the country, I will happily give myself time off. Until then the answer is "NO"..

The minute the SCOTUS reiterates that each sovereign state's discreet community can say "yes" or "no" to gay marriage [and the promotion of HIV behaviors as "normal" thereby..] since the founding of the country, I will happily give myself time off. Until then the answer is "NO"..

You are only torturing yourself.

You have your mission and I have mine. We'll see about torture at the end of the road.

You have your mission and I have mine. We'll see about torture at the end of the road.

My mission is to continue being the Antichrist and to use good and evil to manipulate people and unite the religions by whatever means necessary, so that we might storm Mecca, the Vatican, and Jerusalem, and do what must be done.

"Torture at the end of the road".

It is interesting that you said that.

My mission is to continue being the Antichrist and to use good and evil to manipulate people and unite the religions by whatever means necessary, so that we might storm Mecca, the Vatican, and Jerusalem, and do what must be done.

"HIV Behaviors"???? HIV is a virus, not a behavior. But if that is the criteria for "normal", then lesbians are more "normal" than straight couples, since they have a lower rate of HIV.

[
Oh OK. AIDS isn't a joke though. Lost a friend to it. Talk about a slow and agonizing way to die. :sad: And it wasn't even like he wanted to be gay. He was molested as a kid and then on had a compulsive homosexual fixation. He still fell intellectually in love with women as he grew up. It was a very sad situation and not at all uncommon within the "gay" male community. His untreated mental wounds and subsequent promoscuity led him predictably to contract HIV. He died from it of course, but not before he'd infected purposefully [we found out later] hundreds or even thousands of other men just like him.

Has it occurred to your friend only told you this shit because he realized you were a crazy homophobe and was telling you what you wanted to hear.

Has it occurred to your friend only told you this shit because he realized you were a crazy homophobe and was telling you what you wanted to hear.

No, my friend's brother told us this after our friend died from AIDS. And tearfully & reluctantly told our family as well. We all knew our friend was "gay" [compulsively suffering from his childhood molestation]. That much was obvious. I think his brother in a way eeked out that information because he knew that we knew a couple of the guys his brother was moving on while alive and maybe we might warn them to get tested. This was back in the day when getting tested for HIV was kind of a big deal.

Forum List

Back