Cleaning Up Our ISIS Mess: POLL: Putin Gains Record Support Among Russians Over Syria...

Ask the Philippines about that. Ask Hawaìi. And Puerto Rico. Usually we're more subtle though.

We didn't "colonize" in those places. The Brits did.

The history of Hawaii includes both natural and human history. After the creation of the islands by volcanic forces, the islands began developing their flora and fauna. Sometime around 1 AD, the earliest Polynesian settlers began to populate the islands. Around 1200 AD Tahitian explorers found and began settling the area as well. This became the rise of the Hawaiian civilization and would be separated from the rest of the world for another 500 years until the arrival of the British.

Ooooh yes we did.

>> The Reciprocity Treaty of 1875 between the Kingdom of Hawaii (explicitly acknowledged as a sovereign nation) and the United States allowed for duty-free importation of Hawaiian sugar into the United States beginning in 1876. This further promoted plantation agriculture, which was in the hands of foreign Whites. Hawai'i ceded Pearl Harbor, including Ford Island (Hawaiian: Mokuʻumeʻume), together with its shoreline and four to five miles of land adjacent to the shore, free of cost to the U.S.[7] The U. S. demanded this area based on an 1873 report commissioned by the U. S. Secretary of War. Native Hawaiians protested the treaty on the streets until the revolt was suffocated by U.S. marines.[2]

.... In the late 19th century the dominant White minority overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom and founded a brief Republic that was finally annexed by the United States. << -- History of Hawaìi
Engineering coups d'état has been a major US export. I'm running short on time but check out the origin of Panama, which until we got there was part of Colombia. And of course the Shah in Iran. Matter of fact, just follow the Dulles Brothers around the globe. And Woodrow Wilson.

Fun fact: what's the only country in the world besides the US that has a pledge of allegiance?

A -- the Philippines. Why do you think that is?

(/somewhat offtopic)

Pogo, the Europeans are responsible for most "colonization" efforts on earth. There is no denying that little factoid.

That in no way means "we have never done that". Because we sure the hell have.

We just took over from the British. They are the ultimate "colonists." If you are going to lay blame, then lie it on them.

:wtf:

What exactly does the sentence "we have never done that" mean to you?

Maybe I'm just, I dunno, reading the words on the screen or sump'm.

We didn't "colonize" in those places. The Brits did.

The history of Hawaii includes both natural and human history. After the creation of the islands by volcanic forces, the islands began developing their flora and fauna. Sometime around 1 AD, the earliest Polynesian settlers began to populate the islands. Around 1200 AD Tahitian explorers found and began settling the area as well. This became the rise of the Hawaiian civilization and would be separated from the rest of the world for another 500 years until the arrival of the British.

Ooooh yes we did.

>> The Reciprocity Treaty of 1875 between the Kingdom of Hawaii (explicitly acknowledged as a sovereign nation) and the United States allowed for duty-free importation of Hawaiian sugar into the United States beginning in 1876. This further promoted plantation agriculture, which was in the hands of foreign Whites. Hawai'i ceded Pearl Harbor, including Ford Island (Hawaiian: Mokuʻumeʻume), together with its shoreline and four to five miles of land adjacent to the shore, free of cost to the U.S.[7] The U. S. demanded this area based on an 1873 report commissioned by the U. S. Secretary of War. Native Hawaiians protested the treaty on the streets until the revolt was suffocated by U.S. marines.[2]

.... In the late 19th century the dominant White minority overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom and founded a brief Republic that was finally annexed by the United States. << -- History of Hawaìi
Engineering coups d'état has been a major US export. I'm running short on time but check out the origin of Panama, which until we got there was part of Colombia. And of course the Shah in Iran. Matter of fact, just follow the Dulles Brothers around the globe. And Woodrow Wilson.

Fun fact: what's the only country in the world besides the US that has a pledge of allegiance?

(/somewhat offtopic)

Pogo, the Europeans are responsible for most "colonization" efforts on earth. There is no denying that little factoid.

We just took over from the British. They are the ultimate "colonists." If you are going to lay blame, then lie it on them.

What would you suggest we have done? What kind of economy would they have had? What would they have done? They had already been ruled by the British for a long time.

Ooooh yes we did.

(/somewhat offtopic)

What would you suggest we have done? What kind of economy would they have had? What would they have done? They had already been ruled by the British for a long time.

^^ = :dance:

:eusa_hand:

Dance? That's what we should have done? Look, I don't hear most people from Hawaii complaining. I'm sure they are glad to be a part of one of the best countries in the world. The alternatives are bleak.

Dance? That's what we should have done? Look, I don't hear most people from Hawaii complaining. I'm sure they are glad to be a part of one of the best countries in the world. The alternatives are bleak.

The dance is what you've been doing, trying every move imaginable to tap away from your claim.
Ain't workin'.

The dance is what you've been doing, trying every move imaginable to tap away from your claim.
Ain't workin'.

Nope. I answered all of your posts, Pogo. :D Now what? You want to start shit with me?

Ain't workin'.

14ff2b3b4b83ef88a0ccb596cc2ef4e138bf96554ee8d5542817cfd2a93db2f1.jpg

Ain't workin'.

Nope. I answered all of your posts, Pogo. :D Now what? You want to start shit with me?

It ain't my post you're avoiding--- it's your own. "We have never done that". Except we certainly have.
Hence the dance.

Got boring too.

snore.gif

PS I have some Hawaiian friends (real ones) who would take issue.

Ain't workin'.

Inner sting. When I first joined here my avi was this:

Silence I block you 2.jpg

Ain't workin'.

It ain't my post you're avoiding--- it's your own. "We have never done that". Except we certainly have.
Hence the dance.

Got boring too.

snore.gif

PS I have some Hawaiian friends (real ones) who would take issue.

Ain't workin'.

Inner sting. When I first joined here my avi was this:

View attachment 53311

The only one dancing here is you, sweetie. :D

Oh yeah, second hand accounts mean a lot.

I've been thinking a little about this, and when has America gone into other countries and tried to "colonize?" We haven't. We have never done that.

snore.gif

So what would have happened to Hawaii, after already having been "Europeanized"? Besides, my statement still stands. The Europeans were doing this for far longer than we were.

"What would have happened" to Hawaìi, the Philippines, Panama, Puerto Rico, etc. is irrelevant.
"How long the Europeans have been doing this" is also irrelevant.

Again, the statement is "WE have never done that". The subject is "we", not "Europeans". The predicate is "done that" -- past tense, not "would have happened" -- future conditional.

Wouldn't matter if Europeans had done that a hundred thousand times and we only did it once -- the statement would fail.

I've been thinking a little about this, and when has America gone into other countries and tried to "colonize?" We haven't. We have never done that.

snore.gif

So what would have happened to Hawaii, after already having been "Europeanized"? Besides, my statement still stands. The Europeans were doing this for far longer than we were.

"What would have happened" to Hawaìi, the Philippines, Panama, Puerto Rico, etc. is irrelevant.

Again, the statement is "WE have never done that". The subject is "we", not "Europeans". The predicate is "done that" -- past tense, not "would have happened" -- future conditional.

Wouldn't matter if Europeans had done that a hundred thousand times and we only did it once -- the statement would fail.

We aren't the ones who went around the world "colonizing." That was the Europeans. If you want to be angry and blame someone, blame the Europeans. :)

Very sad that Russia and Iran are stuck cleaning up our awful mess in Syria. It's time for Americans to reconsider its Government's 'Regime Change' policy. It's unjust and unwise.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s public approval rating has reached a record 89.9 percent since he ordered his military to begin air strikes in support of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, according to a state-run polling center.

Support for Putin hit the new peak in an Oct. 17-18 poll of 1,600 people conducted in 46 regions of Russia, an increase of 3.3 percentage points from a similar survey a week earlier, the Russian Public Opinion Research Center, known as VTsIOM, said on its website Thursday. The margin of error was no greater than 3.5 percentage points.

“Against the background of the successful anti-terrorist operation in Syria, Vladimir Putin’s job approval rating has reached an historic high,” with a quarter of respondents citing the military campaign as the main reason for their support, according to VTsIOM. The president’s previous record-high rating was 89.1 percent reached in June, it said...

More:
Putin Gains Record Support Among Russians Over Syria, Poll Shows
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®
The Russian Public Research Center operates under the supervision of the Russian Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. How trustworthy and reliable does anyone think those polls are? How much would we trust polls conducted in this country if they were conducted by official government agencies? Heck, we don't even trust the privately conducted ones here most of the times. Can you imagine seeing a poll giving Obama 89.9% support conducted by the National Polling Authority supervised by the Office of White House Public Relations?

I can't believe there are still people dumb enough to think Putin is in Syria to clean up ISIS.

Please tell me you people aren't actually that stupid and this topic is some kind of satire.

He has his own reasons and ISIS is only part of it. Putin does nothing unless it gains him something.

Hope the Russians kill em all along the way.

Very sad that Russia and Iran are stuck cleaning up our awful mess in Syria. It's time for Americans to reconsider its Government's 'Regime Change' policy. It's unjust and unwise.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s public approval rating has reached a record 89.9 percent since he ordered his military to begin air strikes in support of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, according to a state-run polling center.

Support for Putin hit the new peak in an Oct. 17-18 poll of 1,600 people conducted in 46 regions of Russia, an increase of 3.3 percentage points from a similar survey a week earlier, the Russian Public Opinion Research Center, known as VTsIOM, said on its website Thursday. The margin of error was no greater than 3.5 percentage points.

“Against the background of the successful anti-terrorist operation in Syria, Vladimir Putin’s job approval rating has reached an historic high,” with a quarter of respondents citing the military campaign as the main reason for their support, according to VTsIOM. The president’s previous record-high rating was 89.1 percent reached in June, it said...

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®
The Russian Public Research Center operates under the supervision of the Russian Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. How trustworthy and reliable does anyone think those polls are? How much would we trust polls conducted in this country if they were conducted by official government agencies? Heck, we don't even trust the privately conducted ones here most of the times. Can you imagine seeing a poll giving Obama 89.9% support conducted by the National Polling Authority supervised by the Office of White House Public Relations?

Sounds like sour grapes. Sounds like you're still refusing to acknowledge your own country's awful blunders in the region. ISIS wouldn't have been possible without the U.S., Saudi Arabia, and Great Britain meddling in Syria. That's the ugly reality.

But hey i know, the American Government/Corporate Media says your Government is the 'Good Guy' and Putin is the 'Bad Guy.' Sadly, most Americans are all-too willing to accept such propaganda.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

Sounds like sour grapes. Sounds like you're still refusing to acknowledge your own country's awful blunders in the region. ISIS wouldn't have been possible without the U.S., Saudi Arabia, and Great Britain meddling in Syria. That's the ugly reality.

But hey i know, the American Government/Corporate Media says your Government is the 'Good Guy' and Putin is the 'Bad Guy.' Sadly, most Americans are all-too willing to accept such propaganda.
Really, you are going to lecture about government media and propaganda in a thread you started that is based on a poll taken by the Russian government about how much the Russian public supports the Russian government and Putin? The entire purpose of the government agency that orchestrated the poll you based your thread on is to promote Russian propaganda.

snore.gif

We aren't the ones who went around the world "colonizing." That was the Europeans. If you want to be angry and blame someone, blame the Europeans. :)

Not sure why you're injecting either "anger" or "blame" here -- they don't exist.

It's a simple matter of --- does the statement 'we have never done that' function or not?

Since the statement is an absolute negative ("never"), and not just one but several positives can be demonstrated to refute it, the statement is therefore INOPERATIVE. Disproven.

Not "blameworthy", not "relative", not "angry" --- simply inoperative. Does not work. Wrong, false, bogus, bullshit. It fails. That's all there is to it.

Russians inscribe 'For Paris' on bombs destined for Syria

Reuters
11 hrs ago

Video:

A video posted online by the Defence Ministry also shows a serviceman writing "For Our Guys" on a bomb at Russia's Hmeymim airbase.

"Pilots and technicians of Hmeymim airbase have sent their message to terrorists by priority airmail," said a caption accompanying the post.

BBnfVFf.img

Russia has intensified strikes on Syrian militants, including from Islamic State, which has claimed responsibility for the attacks that killed 130 people in Paris and for downing a Russian airliner in Egypt last month, killing all 224 on board.

Russian politicians have said the Paris attack underscores the need for the West and the Kremlin to bury their differences and join forces to take on militants in Syria.

Russians inscribe 'For Paris' on bombs destined for Syria

Forum List

Back