Cleaning the swamp= Hire John Bolton...

The return of John Bolton, a hawk on North Korea and Iran, sparks concerns

President Trump’s decision to make John Bolton his new national security adviser ricocheted across the globe on Friday, unsettling allies and raising alarm that a hawk who advocates military action against North Korea and Iran will have the president’s ear.

From Berlin and Jerusalem to Seoul and Tokyo, U.S. allies who have long felt that Trump’s unconventional rhetoric on foreign policy often did not translate to concrete policy are bracing for a shift. Following the nomination last week of the hawkish Mike Pompeo to become secretary of state, Bolton’s elevation means that Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is the lone survivor in a ring of advisers who pushed Trump to hew closer to conventional foreign policy positions.

Now, as U.S. policy on North Korea and Iran reaches a crucial juncture in coming weeks, Bolton’s regime-change rhetoric toward both nations may move closer to reality, allies believe. Europeans, who widely support a 2015 deal to restrict Iran’s nuclear program, fear its imminent demise. Some Israelis — even those who criticized the pact — are also concerned. And in South Korea and Japan, fears rose that Trump is preparing for war if talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un fail to yield breakthroughs.

Here we go...

I have mixed views on Bolton, but calling him "the swamp" is completely moronic. You obviously don't know what the swamp refers to. Hint, it doesn't mean people you don't like

He has been in the swamp since the 1990's.

You don't know what "the swamp" means. Seriously, you don't. I'd stop using the term until you understand it. Bolton wants to majorly change DC. I disagree strongly with him being a war hawk, so I don't like that. Not being swamp doesn't mean I like him.

Again, saying he's not the swamp isn't defending Bolton. I have issues with him. But the swamp isn't a general insult, it's a specific thing. And you have no idea what that is. You think Bolton wants to undermine change and keep the current system? That is just stupid. Seriously

I guess a guy who went into a Republican debate, and admitted that he has been buying politicians for decades isn't the swamp.

images

:rofl:

President Trump’s decision to make John Bolton his new national security adviser ricocheted across the globe on Friday, unsettling allies and raising alarm that a hawk who advocates military action against North Korea and Iran will have the president’s ear.

From Berlin and Jerusalem to Seoul and Tokyo, U.S. allies who have long felt that Trump’s unconventional rhetoric on foreign policy often did not translate to concrete policy are bracing for a shift. Following the nomination last week of the hawkish Mike Pompeo to become secretary of state, Bolton’s elevation means that Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is the lone survivor in a ring of advisers who pushed Trump to hew closer to conventional foreign policy positions.

Now, as U.S. policy on North Korea and Iran reaches a crucial juncture in coming weeks, Bolton’s regime-change rhetoric toward both nations may move closer to reality, allies believe. Europeans, who widely support a 2015 deal to restrict Iran’s nuclear program, fear its imminent demise. Some Israelis — even those who criticized the pact — are also concerned. And in South Korea and Japan, fears rose that Trump is preparing for war if talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un fail to yield breakthroughs.

Here we go...

I have mixed views on Bolton, but calling him "the swamp" is completely moronic. You obviously don't know what the swamp refers to. Hint, it doesn't mean people you don't like

You don't know what "the swamp" means. Seriously, you don't. I'd stop using the term until you understand it. Bolton wants to majorly change DC. I disagree strongly with him being a war hawk, so I don't like that. Not being swamp doesn't mean I like him.

Again, saying he's not the swamp isn't defending Bolton. I have issues with him. But the swamp isn't a general insult, it's a specific thing. And you have no idea what that is. You think Bolton wants to undermine change and keep the current system? That is just stupid. Seriously

I guess a guy who went into a Republican debate, and admitted that he has been buying politicians for decades isn't the swamp.

Link?

Here we go...

Part of draining the swamp refers to getting rid of career, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats that have been part of the system their whole adult lives.

John Bolton is 100% swamp creature, his whole life has been doing shady things for the government

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Here we go...

Part of draining the swamp refers to getting rid of career, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats that have been part of the system their whole adult lives.

John Bolton is 100% swamp creature, his whole life has been doing shady things for the government

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He is a war hawk, he's made that clear. That's why I don't want him in this position. I liked him at the UN where he didn't influence military policy. But I'm not like you. Disagreeing with him is not enough for me to make baseless accusations I can't support like you just did

Link?

Link? It was during a presidential debate. Watch it on Youtube, dummy.

Link?

Bolton was in a Presidential debate? When was that.

Let's just you just provide a link, liar

Here we go...
/——/ You can tell how great it is by the reaction of the libtards seething with rage.

All former Bush administration officials should have zero standing on Syria. Iraq was a waste of blood & treasure.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 5, 2013

Link?

Bolton was in a Presidential debate? When was that.

Let's just you just provide a link, liar

I meant Trump, and you know it. We don't need to discuss how Bolton is a part of the swamp. He's been on TV promoting it for many years.

Here we go...

first war hawk Pompeo,now Bolton? and the Trump supporters say he is draining the swamp.:rolleyes:

Here we go...

To be fair, Trump never said he was going to clean the swamp. Just that he would drain it. That he meant he'd suck everyone's blood to the last drop still seems pretty consistent with everything we've seen so far.

Forum List

Back