Class warfare?

Oh, nonsense, Skull Pilot. We are talking about "second jobs". By your logic, airline pilot would be a "second job" from the last post.

Come on, give us stats we can work with. It's up to you to parse and present, not wallow through a bucket of scraps you give me.

Addendum: Microsoft comment is an assertion to your assertion. It means as much as any of your assertions or mine, for that matter: nothing.

I gave you links to hundreds of possible jobs in one state but that is not good enough?
You cannot provide any proof whatsoever for your idiotic hyperbole.

It is not going to be any better as long as wall street and the banks can buy enough votes. A bank president is responsible for a 2+ billion dollars loss and then ask the stockholdes to approve a 23 million dallar pay plan.

It is not going to be any better as long as wall street and the banks can buy enough votes. A bank president is responsible for a 2+ billion dollars loss and then ask the stockholdes to approve a 23 million dallar pay plan.

Yeah like all those bankers who bought Bam Bam huh?

Oh, nonsense, Skull Pilot. We are talking about "second jobs". By your logic, airline pilot would be a "second job" from the last post.

Come on, give us stats we can work with. It's up to you to parse and present, not wallow through a bucket of scraps you give me.

Addendum: Microsoft comment is an assertion to your assertion. It means as much as any of your assertions or mine, for that matter: nothing.

I gave you links to hundreds of possible jobs in one state but that is not good enough?

Skull, presenting an employment website to the question give us evidence of second jobs, numbers, and where does not meet the burden. It's a fail.

Your assertions and your evidence fall flat.

...i utilized the data set with "mean incomes" (data set three). you know the total number of households (N); and that each quintile has a fifth of them (N/5). in the data-set with the "mean incomes" ( <HI> ), those means are <HI> = sum(all income in quintile) / (N/5) households. So, (N/5) x <HI> is the total income per quintile. Then, you add them all up:

(N/5) x ( <HI,1> + <HI,2> + ... ) = total official HI​

official total HI excludes welfare + capital gains + (???). The result is a reduced measure of aggregate income, compared to the national accounting methods. Whatever is missing seems to affect all income levels. real HI still hovers at the highest levels ever. Complaining about every economic index of wage-level being "good to better" seems to me like quibbling
Thanks for sharing. Seeing what you found about the HI's reminded me of why I'd just used the %'s with the BEA incomes.

The thing is that people in households is 97% of the population (excluding people in institutions?), but according to the Census Bur. the householders only get 65% of total personal income. Prisoners can't be that rich. That's not all; HI doesn't grow with the economy the way PI does:
hipi.png

Census income inequality data have been under fire for years, (example) and apparently their concerns have yet to be addressed. That said, the Census Br may not have the best tally of quintile distributions, but it does have the only quintile distribution. So I use it with the BEA's income levels.

...the amount of that rise and it turns out to be 1.27% per year - at a time when technology and process improvements have exploded. Do you really feel that this is cause for celebration?
Right, up 76% since 1967, after adjusting for inflation. Add to that say, the quality of a '67 TV set with 3 channels VS a 2012 home entertainment system with cable. Add improvements in medical care, average home size doubling, no more Soviet threat, etc. Finally there's the fact that most who were bottom quintile in '67 are top quintile now.

Bottom line is that America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country.

Tariffs need to be implemented at the same rate that we provide funds for new US startups to make toasters, tv's, garden hoses, dinnerware, etc.

Once we are making what we buy, we will be fine, but we have to get ALL conz to understand this and many Dems, including the DLC which unfortunately includes many prominent dems

...the amount of that rise and it turns out to be 1.27% per year - at a time when technology and process improvements have exploded. Do you really feel that this is cause for celebration?
Right, up 76% since 1967, after adjusting for inflation. Add to that say, the quality of a '67 TV set with 3 channels VS a 2012 home entertainment system with cable. Add improvements in medical care, average home size doubling, no more Soviet threat, etc. Finally there's the fact that most who were bottom quintile in '67 are top quintile now.

Bottom line is that America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country.

One, about some links.

Two, thanks for the pitch for the Great Society as an unrivaled success.

But I just calculated the amount of that rise and it turns out to be 1.27% per year - at a time when technology and process improvements have exploded. Do you really feel that this is cause for celebration?

as a liberal you will lack the IQ to understand. Liberals programs gutted the middle class and destroyed the American family thus creating millions of very poor single mothers. At the same time you have many women getting MA's and Ph.d's marrying men with similar incomes and joining the upper class. And of course you have a huge huge number of middle class folks hitting it big in the normal course of American capitalism and leaving the middle class.

The class warfare argument only makes sense to Marxists because they know liberal folks like you lack the IQ to see through it.

Tariffs need to be implemented at the same rate that we provide funds for new US startups to make toasters, tv's, garden hoses, dinnerware, etc.

a perfect example of typical liberal stupidity: make foreign trade illegal

Then I suppose California, being liberal and in trouble, could ban trade with other states so they could create millions of new jobs making everything they needed.

Liberals lack the IQ to participate in our democracy. Why not make them illegal as the Constitution intended.

a perfect example of typical liberal stupidity: make foreign trade illegal

Then I suppose California, being liberal and in trouble, could ban trade with other states so they could create millions of new jobs making everything they needed.

Liberals lack the IQ to participate in our democracy. Why not make them illegal as the Constitution intended.
You need to read this ed me boy. It will explain your issues. Think about it when you call liberals stupid, as you always do. Liberals have studies saying conservatives are dumb (more if you need them), but I have not seen any suggesting that stupidity leads to becoming a liberal. Inconvenient, eh.

New Study Reveals That Stupidity Can Make You Conservative And ...
New Study Reveals That Stupidity Can Make You Conservative And Racist

By the way, even a typical stupid con could understand that conshateusa did not say that we should make foreign trade illegal. How you got that out of what he said just helps prove the point that cons are stupid. Ed, me boy, you are always touting china as the shiny new capitalistic economy. Their tariffs are huge. You should check it out some time. You would pay over $185K for a jeep Cherokee there due to their tariffs.

Edward is truly deranged in his thinking. He cannot make a coherent argument at all.

did not say that we should make foreign trade illegal. .

"Once we are making what we buy", [after tariffs on imports and subsidies to US industry]

see why we say a liberal is slow, very slow?? What other explanation is possible??

You say liberals are not stupid? Its easy enough to prove. Please say something intelligent in defense of liberalism. I rest my case.

people in households is 97% of the population (excluding people in institutions?), but according to the Census Bur. the householders only get 65% of total personal income.
hipi.png
"HI" resembles raw "wages & salaries". According to the BEA, simplified somewhat:
Personal Income = wages & salaries + employer contributions + rents + interest + dividends​
employer contributions (pensions, Social Security) total over $1.6T / year, nearly 25% of wages & salaries. If "HI" excludes employer contributions, then HI would be allot less than official PI, which includes those payments, which are not actually received, by workers, today (even though they are set aside in "special bank-like accounts", for tomorrow).

Last edited:
did not say that we should make foreign trade illegal. .

"Once we are making what we buy", [after tariffs on imports and subsidies to US industry]

see why we say a liberal is slow, very slow?? What other explanation is possible??

You say liberals are not stupid? Its easy enough to prove. Please say something intelligent in defense of liberalism. I rest my case.
That is the problem, ed. Your a conservative. You believe that you are resting your case. In fact, you are making the case that conservatives tend to be dumb.
Any studies out there, based on scientific methodology, that backs up your statement that libs are dumb?
can not find any, how about you, ed me boy.
Any that say conservatives have a low iq. Or that they are stupid. Or that watching fox makes them less knowledgeable?
Yep, a number of them. And you, ed, make the case.

Skull, presenting an employment website to the question give us evidence of second jobs, numbers, and where does not meet the burden. It's a fail.

Your assertions and your evidence fall flat.

Any job can be a second job you twit.

I know because i worked 2 jobs for most of my adult life. So out of those hundreds of jobs, depending on your experience or lack thereof anyone could find a second full time or part time job.

Care to try again?

One, about some links.

Two, thanks for the pitch for the Great Society as an unrivaled success.

The guy who won't back up his own statements with links is asking for proof.

That's rich.

people in households is 97% of the population (excluding people in institutions?), but according to the Census Bur. the householders only get 65% of total personal income.
hipi.png
...payments, which are not actually received, by workers...
When workers get laid off and rehired on contract, they suddenly lose those 'unrecieved' payments. They immediately experiance severe economic hardship from burdens such as paying twice as much in social security taxes as income tax.
...seems to me like quibbling
Personal income is the largest component of the GDP, and Census' vagueness/inconsistency leaves us with a missing four trillion dollars. Sure, we can use the tools that Census provides, it's just that we have to remember that they're incomplete and that other tools exist as well.

...it turns out to be 1.27% per year...
Right, up 76% since 1967, after adjusting for inflation. Add to that say, the quality of a '67 TV set with 3 channels VS a 2012 home entertainment system with cable. Add improvements in medical care, average home size doubling, no more Soviet threat, etc. Finally there's the fact that most who were bottom quintile in '67 are top quintile now. Bottom line is that America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country
One, about some links. Two, thanks for the pitch for the Great Society as an unrivaled success.
The guy who won't back up his own statements with links is asking for proof. That's rich.
Maybe my old age is slowing me down a bit here, someone please tell me who's having trouble finding links for which numbers here...

Forum List

Back